• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hm. This is interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
    I don't normally hack my Pokemon games. No, that's wrong and stupid, right? Yeah.

So, I decided to break my no-hacking rule, and baught an "Experiment" cart of Diamond from gamestop the other day.

I borrowed the AR from my friend, and used the "Anyone can learn any tm/hm" code, and uploaded a Beldum with Earthquake and Psychic to Battle Revolution.

Think that'd make the game crash?

It didn't. There was still animations for them, but it was the same one, which makes me think that maybe nintendo put those in in case someone did hack the game. Now i'm curious, how many other pokemon have animations like that? A Ninetails with surf, maybe? Heh heh.

But, anyway, what are your thaughts? Do you think Nintendo put those as a Back-up measure? Or that the game did that itself somehow to incorporate an animation for a move the Pokemon doesn't know?

I hope this isn't against the TOS for mentioning AR...I've seen convo's about that get closed...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It probably worked because Metang/Metagross can learn those moves, anyway. But PBR doesn't always pick up on things like that (see: Wondertomb), so...

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    I think nintendo purposefully puts in certain hacks, just to make games more interesting if you want to hack it (gives people something else to do). Also I think game designers get bored, so they add all kinds of junk just for sake of adding it.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
    I think that the way the game is programmed, any Pokémon can use any attack in the 3D console games, but will just use the stock animation for that Pokémon, then the animation for the attack. That way, less effort has to be done on the programmers part as it all just follows one rule...

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
    I know from personal experience that if you hack a Pokemon to have an unrealistic move and put it on Pokemon Battle Rev it still has an animation for example my Spiritomb with Wonder Guard can use Spacial Rend on Battle Rev. I think I might see what a Pokemon without a mouth looks like using Ice Fang or a Pokemon without arms using Fire Punch. Hmm.

Starly used Explosion.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Watch the Pokémon use almost any attack and there's probably only 2 or 3 (or even one--I don't know what it's like for PBR specifically) different movements they do know matter what attack they use.

As for the attack animations... when a Squirtle uses Surf, it's going to look just like when a Wailmer uses Surf. They don't customize each move for each Pokémon. That would look awesome, but they're lazy and I don't blame them because that's a LOT of work for like 500 Pokémon.

It hasn't picked up that you hacked it and it doesn't care that you did--it's just thinking "Oh, Ninetales is using an attack, so it has to look like it's attacking and it's using Surf. Okay, we have to grab the Surf animation, use it, and... done." And thus you see a Ninetales using Surf. :P It's all automatic and the programmers didn't add it in "just in case".

LordHawke

Gold Dragon commanding Officer
    Years
    Actually no.. They made them so that they have only so many animations. Everyone would have let's say animation 1 for physical moves, animation 2 for beam moves like hyperbeam and hydro cannon, animation four for indirects like earthquake, earth power, psychic, crap like that. Pokemon games are memory hogs. There is a ton of information because they're are so many different variations of everything, shiny, moves, pokemon themselves. So instead of having 500+ animations for all 493 of the pokes, they have a system like all pokes will use animation 3 for hydro cannon, which is similar to hyper beam. So this way Alakazam will have an animation for Hydro Cannon even though he can't normally use it because it would be the same animation he would use for Hyper Beam. This way, they save on tons and tons of space by not having to put in tens of thousands of animations, 500+ for all 493.

Wow that's confusing, but I hope you get the point...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Yeah basically what has been said covers it. Although a Ninetails with surf would be strange, but this is where the Surf Pikachu comes in, the game is probably the only one that isn't on DS that allows hacked TM/HM moves have animations.

Bidoof with EQ....MMMMM

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    They did that on purpose because they might have an event where they release a pokemon with special moves, and they don't want the game to glitch up, although this does allow for hackers to cheat during wi-fi battles...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Sorry, but you can't revive threads that haven't been posted in for longer than a month :x
    I'll have to close this.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back