• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hm...

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
  • Did I just read Pokémon Emerald? Give me!!!!

"Not content with uncovering the monster, its type and its moveset, hackers were also able to find some hidden monologue from the owner of the television studio in Mauville City. The speech refers to a mysterious character known as Brandon that many believe to be Pyramid King Brandon from Pokémon Emerald, who was intrinsically linked to the Battle Frontier in the same game."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dden_legendary_monsters_details_come_to_light

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Did I just read Pokémon Emerald? Give me!!!!

"Not content with uncovering the monster, its type and its moveset, hackers were also able to find some hidden monologue from the owner of the television studio in Mauville City. The speech refers to a mysterious character known as Brandon that many believe to be Pyramid King Brandon from Pokémon Emerald, who was intrinsically linked to the Battle Frontier in the same game."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dden_legendary_monsters_details_come_to_light

uh, isn't Branden the default name for the boy character you choose at the beginning of the game? The girl character being May.

Years
  • So how long before EMERALD CONFIRMED becomes the next HOENN CONFIRMED?

uh, isn't Branden the default name for the boy character you choose at the beginning of the game? The girl character being May.

Nope, that's Brendan. There is a Pyramid King Brandon at the Battle Frontier though.

Still, though, this is just one of many Emerald references in OR/AS and I'm pretty sure they're all just that- references. Nothing really stopping Game Freak from turning around and releasing a Delta Emerald, though, and given how unpredictable they've been the last few years it wouldn't surprise me if they did, possibly even making it a sequel rather than an Emerald remake in the process.

...but I'm going to go with these being simple references until then.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • uh, isn't Branden the default name for the boy character you choose at the beginning of the game? The girl character being May.

Brandon not Brendan. One is the Pyramid King from the Battle Pyramid of Emerald while yhe other is your next-door rival. There's obviously a difference in 2 letters between the two.

Anyway, seems like an interesting discovery. We can at least assume that Game Freak agrees that Emerald is canon, but that won't mean a remake will come.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Brandon not Brendan. One is the Pyramid King from the Battle Pyramid of Emerald while yhe other is your next-door rival. There's obviously a difference in 2 letters between the two.

Oh sorry for not remembering every possible permeation of every conceivable spelling of every name in the Pokemon universe. THANK YOU for being snippy about it, it's greatly appreciated considering Brendan and Brandon are just SUCH different names, right on par with "Sarah" and "Charalambos" how DARE I POSSIBLY confuse the two.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh sorry for not remembering every possible permeation of every conceivable spelling of every name in the Pokemon universe. THANK YOU for being snippy about it, it's greatly appreciated considering Brendan and Brandon are just SUCH different names, right on par with "Sarah" and "Charalambos" how DARE I POSSIBLY confuse the two.

I can note the sarcasm in this post. But said post could help the onlookers that might confuse the two, like how I did before I double-checked the name.

Although forgive me for saying such an oblivious thing as obvious. My mistake.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Let's refrain from arguing off-topic about the similar names of different characters, please, and stick to the topic at hand.

I guess it's just filler info text if you show that yet-unreleased event legendary Pokemon to that NPC, and they decided to reference him as well. Neat, but not a battle frontier. :V

blue

gucci
    Years
  • ztiz5kuuzww3hvr7j4qm.png

It's hard to tell whether this is just a throwback to Emerald, or an indication for whats in store for future updates/DLC for ORAS.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • ztiz5kuuzww3hvr7j4qm.png

It's hard to tell whether this is just a throwback to Emerald, or an indication for whats in store for future updates/DLC for ORAS.
    throwback? more like TROLLback.
    im sorry that was bad

When I finally got to the Battle Resort, I was quite excited, since this was what I was waiting for since I got into competitive battling in XY: a place to use all the competitive Pokemon that I bred and raised in X and Y. You can't imagine my disappointment when all I saw was the freaking Battle Maison that I played to death in XY. These very obvious hints at a future release of the Battle Frontier filled me with hope for a DLC, but this article dashed them again. It irritates me because this generation made it way easier to breed and train competitive Pokemon, and it seemed like the perfect time to bring back the Battle Frontier, or even the Pokemon World Championships. Here's hoping that there'll be more battle-friendly facilities in the next Pokemon games for this generation.

Years
  • What makes that so baffling that they would put it (the Battle Tower model) in the game is that first they do that, then we get this saying that they don't want to put the Battle Frontier in the game because they think casual players will get frustrated by it.

And since breeding is easier in this generation, that would indeed have made for a good reason to bring it back.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    throwback? more like TROLLback.
    im sorry that was bad

When I finally got to the Battle Resort, I was quite excited, since this was what I was waiting for since I got into competitive battling in XY: a place to use all the competitive Pokemon that I bred and raised in X and Y. You can't imagine my disappointment when all I saw was the freaking Battle Maison that I played to death in XY. These very obvious hints at a future release of the Battle Frontier filled me with hope for a DLC, but this article dashed them again. It irritates me because this generation made it way easier to breed and train competitive Pokemon, and it seemed like the perfect time to bring back the Battle Frontier, or even the Pokemon World Championships. Here's hoping that there'll be more battle-friendly facilities in the next Pokemon games for this generation.

Obiously GF gives no crap what completive players want. They are more foucsed on what causal players want.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • Anyone else hoping that maybe the next game is a wii-u game that is like Battle Revolution, but will be called Battle Frontier instead? that would not only feed out thirst for competetive battling, but also bring in money for Wii-U and give the pokemon bank a new function for people to spend money on it again. then we would also get to see the pokemon battle it out on the big screen in modern day graphics with an anouncer blatantly telling us our pokemon suck when toxic destroys them or when we get outfoxed by a zoroark. now that i think about it, i would buy a wii-u just for that game. and ssb4 and hyrule warriors... but just those.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    But even a casual player like me wants the Battle Frontier to return. :|

too bad according to GF BF is too "complicated" for your punny little brain to understand.

I seriously want to PUNCH GF in the face!!!!

Back