• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HM's really annoy me?

Kindred Sworn

トレーナーゼロ
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I usually use one or two HM slaves that end up being either an oddish or gyarados that I end up naming "dumb%$!" or "A retard" or something of the like for some laughs when they use them. I only teach fly and surf HMs to any of my main Pokemon team.

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    Surf and Waterfall are good, Fly is ok-ish and Strength can be used over Return if I don't have Return on me.

Some are shocking though. Defog? Cut? Come on...

It makes me glad I can use a Bibarel for 6 HM's. Good ol' Bibarel.

Years
    Uhhh...yeah. They annoy use all. Most of these abilities seem obvious. Why not use Iron Tail and smash open the boulders? Then buy a yacht.

Sorted. Now you can travel the world with Electivire.

They had to do something to make things complicated, didn't they?

Quit complaining.

EDIT:

My solution is: impersonate a Pokemon Ranger.

Whenever you need to use a HM, a pokemon that can learn it will be wild closeby, right? All I do is catch 'em when I need 'em

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    It makes me glad I can use a Bibarel for 6 HM's. Good ol' Bibarel.
    Agreed. I love Bibarel only for that reason.

The only problem I have with HMs is when I get halfway through a long cave and realize I need one I don't have to keep going. That's nothing an Escape Rope can't cure, though.

Years
    Rock Smash, Cut = useable if you have Scizor.

Technician turns Rock Smash into a power 80 fighting move with a chance of defense drop.
    Cut will become power 100 or 110, I think (not sure what Cut is normally)

Back