• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ho-Oh/Lugia

Years
    i hope they are both catchable, that's what i liked about the originals, and they are so far apart, not geographically, but accessibility wise, so i don't see why they'd take it out

Years
    Im hoping we are able to get both of them but how things look you probably going to be able to get one on one and the other on the other

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Im hoping we are able to get both of them but how things look you probably going to be able to get one on one and the other on the other

How things are looking? I wouldn't jugde things on that right now as we really don't have any information on what they might plan on doing really. I mean there was a purpose for the two locations, Whirl Islands and Tin/Burned Towers, so I wouldn't see why they would really think of removing them and making both legendaries game exclusives. Plus, you're actually given the item SilverWing in Kanto, and I think they can make this a semi-plot for the remake as some may want, rather than getting it too easily. It just gives the game more to do really and made the game different too. Altering a simple thing like that can change the game a bit much, so I prefer they leave the two like how it stood in the originals. Still, I wouldn't use how the games are today as a reference to judge how they'll do it much, because Generation One and Generation Two games didn't deal much with the legendaries in the game like how Hoenn and Sinnoh did it really.

Zetsu_69

Director of Cheese
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    I think they will be seperate.

I never had a chance to get either of those so I'm excited.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Im not sure if they will both be available in one game because in G/S although you could get both in one game only the mascot of your game(Lugia in Silver, Ho-Oh in Gold) had their signature move, now that is rendered useless due to the move re-learner.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    in D/P you coul only get one and that would give them some stupid events to do

Well, yeah we could only get once, but there was a reason for this. You see the plot of DPPt are different than what we had from the original GSC. In the newer games the plot is centered around a gang of villains trying to control the legendary Pokémon or mascot of the version you have. This, explains why the Pokémon were exclusive in Ruby and Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl and why we had to go through that series of events. I wouldn't say Emerald and Platinum were like that because we could still catch the two legendaries. Still though, GSC wasn't based on the legendaries two much like RSE and DPPt.

I Reckon theyll change it to Promote trading, and some pokemon will be version specific

You have a good point in this, because Pokémon is always looking for ways to promote their games or features. Except, if it were like this then we'd have no reason to visit the Burned Towers and no reason to visit the Whirl Islands, depending on what version you obtain. I think GameFreak knows what they are doing, but I'd leave this as it was like the originals and keep them both available.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    This is a remake, not a change in story-line. It will most likely be left as it is. Taking one away from the other in the games is changing the story-line, and they most probably wont do it. I am going to bet my life, which is very risky, that they are both still in both the games. Why call it a remake if they change the story-line? I don't see the reasoning when people say they will be made separate.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it'll be just like the originals and be version specific. Hence the "Gold" and Silver". Gold for Ho-Oh, Silver for Lugia.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm pretty sure it'll be just like the originals and be version specific. Hence the "Gold" and Silver". Gold for Ho-Oh, Silver for Lugia.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you are basically saying that like the originals Lugia will be in SoulSilver and Ho-Oh will be in HeartGold, am I right? You are also saying they won't be available in both games I would believe.

If I am understanding this correctly, then I guess you should know that in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Ho-Oh and Lugia were available in each of them. They were not kept exclusively and they were not able to be caught until you obtained the Silver Wing and Rainboe Wing. Which of course is sadly given to us too easily and needs to be changed with more of a plot in my opinion. Seeing as they were available in both and gives two specific locations a reason to be part of the game, I would say they'll be kept like it was in the originals and not follow the same pattern as Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and Pearl.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Iam guessing in seprately
    but maby theres a way to get it through glitch
    Lets Face it nintendo puts in
    glitch's on pourpos
    I'll have to disagree, Nintendo wouldn't put glitches in on purpose. That's pretty stupid.

I'm sure they'll make both Lugia/Ho-Oh catchable.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    they will probably both be available in each game. You could catch both of them in the original gold and silver. (although in crystal it was difficult to get ho-oh though)

Alec_

Years
    @bluebur155:
    Well yeah they will be available in both game. Because it's just a remake? The only difference is the animation/graphics/mapping/New Features. Am i right?

~Fairytales

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    @bluebur155:
    Well yeah they will be available in both game. Because it's just a remake? The only difference is the animation/graphics/mapping/New Features. Am i right?

~Fairytales

Well as far as we know right now you are right haha. But they are obviously going to be adding new features like you said so it doesn't feel like your playing an old game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Personally, I hope they are version specific to give me some sort of reason to buy both games.

Back