• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ho-oh or Lugia scene?

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    i personally prefer the lugia scene because the waves look better than the leaves falling

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    for me ho-oh is better. was there a need to make a thread for this?

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    its a pretty major part of the game and there wasnt a thread talking about it so i figured i might as well make one :)

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I liked the Ho-oh scene better, since it gave a much more mystical atmosphere than Lugia's did. While Lugia's scene was pretty cool on it's own right, it felt a bit subdued compared to Ho-oh's.

xXI JOE IXx

I found lugias scene more epic. Don't get me wrong. Ho-oh's was still awesome!

Years
    Just watched the two, and I prefer Ho-Oh's. It's just nicer in general, the fact that it descends from the sky, flies around... I prefered Ho-Oh's. It's nice that they decided to make the legend battle compulsory- they would have with Fire Red and Leaf Green, I guess, if they actually had version exclusive Legendaries back then...

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    In general, these cutscenes would have been awesome but sadly are ruined with the prescence of the Kimono Girls ... breathing down your neck ... they ruin the atmosphere of the scene. They need to scram, and let me and Ho-Oh jam together =)

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    I've seen both, and I like Lugias better, because of environment, and the fact everybody standing around ho-oh right after the scene makes it seem crowded.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Comparing the arrival scene with Lugia and Ho-Oh, my choice would have to go to Lugia. The scene appeared more dramatic and the waterfall effect just added empshasis to Lugia's arrival. I have to admit the Ho-Oh scene did have its good points, but to me, personally, Lugia's opening appearance compared to that of Ho-Oh's just caught my attention and seemed more memorable.

The Lugia scene is much better then the Ho-oh scene for me. And not to mention 2 bells are better then 4.
    Ho-Oh needed four bells as a tower has for corners, while Lugia's waterfall held two sides, only needing two bells. Not to mention, not saying the game is based on the anime, but when looking at the anime, they too mentioned the four bells, as well as the crystal bell for Ho-Oh's return.

for me ho-oh is better. was there a need to make a thread for this?
    Any thread is acceptable as long as it leads to no point, but creates a discussion and relates to the topic of the forum section. As well as long as there is no thread created with the same topic before it, then it may be accepted.

Years
    I like the Lugia scene better, seeing him pop out of the water like that is so effing epic! The Ho-oh scene is very nice though, and I agree, the Kimono girls shouldn't have been there!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    For me it would have to be the ho-oh one and leafs over the waves, the waves didnt realy bit in the the rest of the enviroment its looks so weird looking at everything else in the picture, The leafs also sorta seemed to go along with the song and they enterd more dramiaticly(soz for spelling) not like the waves, waving around randomly XD. But looking at the 3D bit lugia wins because it came in more dramaticly comming outta that waterfall, it was realy short thought =(. About the bells, i think how the bells were stuck to two big rocks like that was kinda weird. Over all ho-oh wins! oh and i liked how they zoomed out to show the girls and the tower!

Back