• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-Oh or Lugia?

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
    Ho-oh is cooler IMO because, well, he looks cooler first off. I mean, look how colorful and innovative Ho-oh is! Lugia is just gray and blue, looks like a ticked off seagull. In a battle though, Lugia would win though because of the unfair advantage (did they purposely give Lugia water attacks just so he could kill Ho-oh?!?!?)

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Ho-oh is cooler IMO because, well, he looks cooler first off. I mean, look how colorful and innovative Ho-oh is! Lugia is just gray and blue, looks like a ticked off seagull. In a battle though, Lugia would win though because of the unfair advantage (did they purposely give Lugia water attacks just so he could kill Ho-oh?!?!?)

The better question to ask is why Lugia is Psychic/Flying and not Water/Flying. After all, Lugia's depicted as the guardian of the sea...yet it's a Psychic-type? Yeah, OK.

Aaaanyways...

It's Lugia's design that wins over most of its fans. In fact, design is 99% of these polls to some people; Why do you think people like Pokemon like Zangoose? Certainly not because other Pokemon can do what it can do far better, that's for sure...*coughsarcasmcough*

Ho-Oh's a superior attacker. It just dies horribly to Stealth Rock. Lugia's got superior defenses, and doesn't die...as horribly to Stealth Rock.

But Lugia looks cooler (to me; and not to say Ho-Oh doesn't look cool to me, because it does...just, in comparison), and it's all about looks, right?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I like Ho-Oh because it's regular and shiny form looks cooler to me.

But I could care less if Lugia or Ho-Oh won the match

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ^ Eh, if you're trying to troll you're failing hard, Steel. ;)

And while Lugia is more smexy than Ho-Oh, I was a Gold player and Ho-Oh feels more, how do I say it, regal? More regal than Lugia. But Lugia got a movie and Ho-Oh didn't, so Lugia's made 48 times more interesting as a character. I'd say each has their own charms.

And without Hydro Pump, Ho-Oh would likely beat Lugia, if you only used ones from the main storyline of the games, without special training, trained by me, Ho-Oh would win. *nessnod*

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Lugia wins the round for me.( I think that I have stated this in 2-3 other threads. But lets continue anyways.XD)
    Reasons:
    Looks cooler according to me.
    I just like him.
    ....... I really can't think of something else.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    Hey both of them are extremely rare so I wouldn't pick which one Id get but I prefer Ho-oh cause its a fire type and learns very good moves.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Lugia + HydroPump = K.O'd Lugia. xD

I <3 Lugia. :D Not only do i love it's colour, I got Silver so I have fond memories of Lugia. Although I can't say I'm too fond of trekking through the Whirl Islands to egt one. >_>

Back