• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hobomon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    HoboMon!

Capture Hobos with cardboard boxes and force Hobos to fight each other to the death with moves such as:

• Cigarette lighter!
    • Drunken shouting!
    • Bad tin whistle playing!
    • Big issue throwing!
    • Reliefing oneself!
    • Vomit!
    • And many, many more!

Avoid the deadly Team Police and fight other Hobo trainers like yourself! Heal your injured/dead Hobos at the Soup Kitchen, and enhance their performance by buying drugs from drug dealers!

Ok, all jokes aside, I want to build this on Sapphire/Ruby and would like help.
    I need spriters and coders, and possibly composers.
    Thanks!
    :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    What a classic idea! Perhaps you could replace Potions with Alcoholic Beverages.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    This is hilarious. But are you just some random person making hobos fight?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    you need both a storyline and features of your hack project or else this thread's gonna be closed~

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Ok, all jokes aside, I want to build this on Sapphire/Ruby and would like help.
    I need spriters and coders, and possibly composers.
    Thanks!

I would like to say here that it is important for you to know what you're doing before you ask for help. Start working on it yourself, as that usually gets you to understand what you are good at, and what you actually need help on. Right now, it's just showing that you are a) at a lack of understanding for this b) are too lazy to try or c) just want this to be made into a hack by other people. If you spend a little effort into this, and come up with a good storyline, make a couple good maps, and even some scripts, then maybe people will want to assist you.

Also, my opinion on the subject? Not very fitting for a hack, really. Hacks where the entire concept of the game is changed tend to not achieve much at all. The only one that I've seen that stands out is the Paper Mario hack, who I believe was made by Red Yoshi (do correct me if I am wrong.) And even if this does actually work out, I don't think I'll end up playing it. Doesn't appeal to me.

But, kudos to you for thinking up an original idea, and good luck with it.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    hi guise.
    So, I can't sprite so expect the sprites to be identical when I release screenies/demo of a first draft sort of thing.
    I have an extensive history of programming, but with rom hacking?
    :/
    oh well. Storyline is being made up as I go along, after all, I'm not trying to take myself /too/ serious.
    kthxbai

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back