• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Ash vs Sinnoh Ash?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I saw a thread like this on serebii, I had to steal the idea...

This thread is to discuss Ash's Pokémon teams in Sinnoh and Hoenn, and which team do you like better, would win in a battle n' what not. I would have added in Kanto and Johto, but I know a lot of people tend to take no notice of the newer generations and give biased opinions.
    Okay, well let's compare Ash's Pokémon caught in Hoenn and Ash's Pokémon caught in Sinnoh.

Hoenn:
    Sceptile
    Torkoal
    Glalie
    Swellow
    Corphish
    Pikachu

Sinnoh:
    Staraptor
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Buizel
    Gible
    Gliscor
    Pikachu
    /Doesn't know what to do about Gible and Gliscore.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I actually like the Sinnoh team due to the fact that Ash got 2 out of the 3 starters and they are fully evolved. I feel that Staraptar is better than Swellow in my opinion....well thats what I have to say about his two teams.

:t354:TG

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • His Sinnoh team seemingly has more pokemon, but I haven't watched whole second half of his Sinnoh journey, so I'd go with Hoenn. He's had some really nice pokemon in that region as well.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • his sinnoh pokemon seem to be at a much higher level then his hoenn, but his hoenn pokemon have better moves, and their faster for that matter, but id have to choose sinnoh.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Hoenn because his team has Corphish written all over it all they have to do is to replace or evolve pikachu.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
  • I think Sinnoh team had some stronger pokes, but then again the hoenn allowed more time for personality development with his pokemon, other than swellow. But Sceptile beating darkrai cements the hoenn team as my favorite team. Even though Infernape and buizel were epic in all of their battles and were the powerhouses of Ash's team.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I wouldn't compare only teams because they are pretty similar.
    Yeah as far as team is concerned Sinnoh team is better.
    Though I think Hoenn Ash was better when it comes to strategy so probably Hoenn Ash would outstrategied (dunno if it's even word :D) Sinnoh one.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    The Sinnoh Team seem a who lot stronger then his Hoenn team put together.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • Both teams have their merits. I personally believe that Sceptile could beat Torterra. It's how well they developed Sceptile. Although, I'd say the Sinnoh has the edge.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    they are both good teams it just depends what pokemon u like better

in my opinion i like sinnoh ash better

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Well, first, personally, I love Sinnoh more than Hoenn for its so cool Pokemons and Plot.
    However, going objectively, Sinnoh still has the lead, his pokemons there were stronger than any other. Lets not forget the fact that as we advance in generations, pokemon grow stronger..So, Sinnoh Pokemon are stronger.
    Besides, Ash has the very powerful Infernape, Gliscor was amazing in the last part, Gible...well he was caught late. What also promotes Sinnoh Pokemons is Ash's smooth flow in the Sinnoh league (Technically, it wasn't so smooth) but he was bound to win that League! But, just to force Ash to lose,, they paired him up with an Ultra Strong trainer with a Legendary Team. JUST TELL ME HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO WIN AGAINST THAT?! At least, he was the only one in whole Sinnoh who was able to defeat the Darkrai and above that Latios too.

GliscorOwnz

DatxGuyxJosh
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2013
    Ash's Sinnoh Team . His sinnoh team has better expierence with a rival (Paul) Witch made him and his team stronger than his hoenn team /

Back