• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Champions: Steven or Wallace?

Steven or Wallace ?

• Steven

Votes: 110 84.0%
  • Wallace

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Steven was a very hard trainer to beat compared to Wallace. His pokemon are very strong and defensive, and his character fits my taste better than Wallace (not to mention his looks XD).

In my opinion, Steven is a great character and champion if he were to be one.

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I love Wallace, but as a Gym Leader. ):

Steven was cool since he had Steel-types, and I felt like that was a great Champion-like thing to have. Even when Wallace was Champion, I still loved how Steven was in that cave to battle later on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    I liked Steven better. Wallace was harder for me to beat because I had a team that had a weakness to water; Blaziken, Aggron. But Steven did feel like you were facing the champion. I feel The Elite 4 and the Champion should have a more exotic feel to their team. The Elite 4 had Dark, Ghost, Ice & Dragon. Steel completes this trend because it's not a very common element. Water on the other hand throws the whole vibe off. Not to mention you already have a water gymleader.

So in terms of story line and game play; Definately Steven!!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Steven is more "champion material" in my eyes. Wallace seems more relaxed and as such dosen't really feel like a champion.

Steven's team is also more challenging with the psuedo legendary Metagross compared to Wallce's MIlotic as their main pokemon.

Wallace could have been more challenging with a better team. They seem to deliberately have chosen a weaker team for Wallce to make it easier for the player which is all well and good but sometimes that makes it boring. Steven's team has like this whole theme thing going for it and it just makes him seem even cooler.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Steven. He's hot as hell
    But he was more difficult to beat, especially considering who I love to use as my team. I liked the challenge.
    Did I mention he's hot?

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
  • Steven just generally felt more advanced and more champion material than Wallace, purely because of his team having counters to alot of types, rather than Wallace's.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Also isn't it a bit strange that the 8th gym leader became the champion instead of an elite 4 member? Steven for me, definitely.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Steven was awesome. I'd prefer Wallace to STAY a gym leader.
    If they remake R/S/E, then who would be the Champion?
    -crossing fingers for Steven-

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Steven. I saw him more of a champion than Wallace and at first Steven was a challenge. Wallace was just plain easy to get by when I had Tropius. So I prefer Steven all the way!

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
  • Steven. His team is solid, and it genuinely came out of left field when I first saw him in the champion spot way back when I was playing Sapphire. Wallace is good and all, but I couldn't see him as a champion with such little diversity in his team.

Years
  • Steven for me, I don't like wallace too much, besides, as the person above me say, i found wallace team with little diversity, just look at his teams:

Wallace has 3 pure water, 1 water/ground and a water/ice

Steven has Steel/Flying, Rock/Bug, Rock/Grass, Ground/Psychic, Steel Rock and Steel/Psychic

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I prefer Steven. My team walks over Wallace very easily and I remember Steven being a much harder challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back