• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Forms

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
So my drawing tablet came early and I want to try it out by taking a shot at regional forms for the Hoenn region.

Right now I'm thinking on making ones for the Grimer, Koffing and Vuplix lines. The first two will be Poison-Fire typings while Vulpix will gain Ghost as it's second typing.

But I need some ideas on what direction I should go with each one. Who should get a regional evolution, who should get a full line regional forms and who should get the Galarian Zigzagoon/Meowth route.

I'm open to all and any suggestions.

Years
Ooo those sound fun! For the Fire/Ghost Vulpix, maybe play on the idea of Will o Wisps? Like maybe the Vulpix is dark in colour, and its chest has a bright blue, green, or purple flame? Unless you already had an idea in mind, that is ^^

Grimer hasn't had a new evolution yet, so maybe for that line, I would create a new evolution (like Perrserker). Koffing also hasn't, come to think of it. I guess you could choose the same for that line too? Hmm...
For the Vulpix line I'd keep Ninetales, personally. It's such a lovely design already, and you could easily play off it with the Fire/Ghost typing.

I'm not a huge fan of the "only one of the forms is a Regional Variant but the rest are just vanilla," so I would opt for all of them getting a regional evolution, whether a new pokemon or just a new visual when they evolve :)

Anyways, congrats on the new graphics tablet, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Grimer did get a baby form that was seen in the Gold and Silver spaceworld 1997 Demo. In fact, I literally ripped the baby Grimer sprite (which I named Grimy. May or may not have been inspired by The Simpson's Frank Grime's nickname of Grimy by Homer) and colored it in with Grimer's normal and shiny purple and green pallets. Of course, you might be going for a Galarian style variant, but if you want the baby Grimer form Grimy, I can dig it out and send it your way.

Back