• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Grand Festival ✮RESULTS✮ OOC/SU Thread

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
Years
  • Character Name
    Fleur Andenette

Short Biography
    Born in Hoenn within a small family lived peacefully in Lavaridge Town, her parents work to manage their own public hot spring there. Fleur didn't like much about pokemon because of they always steal cookies and cakes that she made herself. When she reached 10th, she didn't travel like other kids--instead made her own little shop by her parents's public hot spring. There, she met a Baltoy who likes to help her parents work. Baltoy didn't steal her cakes even though it got delicious smell, impressed, Fleur gives it one slice and it liked it. The pokemon then become her best friend.

Then, in her 14th, she moved away because of family matters to Unova. There she met other pokemon after left Baltoy back in Lavaridge. She even got a chance to went to Nimbasa City and saw the pokemon musical. Astounded by the sparkle and smile of people and pokemon, she finally set her goal to enter it. But then she hear rumour about something better from her original region, pokemon contest.

She went back to Hoenn without her parents, but got her permission of course. Fleur entered some contest and win some ribbon too. Cakes and other pastry that she made actually mantain her pokemon's beauty and strength, that a good news to her because she could bring her talent to contest. As she can enter grand festival with her ribbon after a while working, she back to Lavaridge and met the Baltoy again that evolved to a fine Claydol. With Baltoy joined her too, she's ready for it.

The Grand Festival that awaits her.

Pokémon Species
    Togekiss♀ (Toki)
    Ability
    Moves
    Morning Sun, Sky Attack, Aura Sphere, Ancient Power.

Pokémon Species
    Lilligant♀ (Lil'l)
    Ability
    Chlorophyll
    Moves
    Aromateraphy, Sythesis, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance.

Pokémon Species
    Claydol (Doru)
    Ability
    Levitate
    Moves
    Cosmic Power, Rapid Spin, Earth Power, Extrasensory.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Welcome welcome! :) I'll be updating the list again later today.

Some people have asked if they can tweak and change their pokemon - the answer is yes - as long as this list is accurate by appeals time. When I go through at the end I want to be able to match your appeal/battle pokemon to your sign-up!

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
    Years
  • Welcome welcome! :) I'll be updating the list again later today.

Some people have asked if they can tweak and change their pokemon - the answer is yes - as long as this list is accurate by appeals time. When I go through at the end I want to be able to match your appeal/battle pokemon to your sign-up!
    Thank you *sobs* /nu
    I want to ask if it's allright. In the appeal round, can the character make their pokemon uses self destruct-like move to end the round? But still got quallified?

Anyone wanna be Mason's rival? Just because... why not?
    Yes, you can. Why not?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yep for the appeals I think that'll be fine :) there will be more clarification when the appeals section starts. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Anyone wanna be Mason's rival? Just because... why not?

Emerald can, if you dont mind. The more rivals the better. Maybe we become rivals because Emerald thinks Espeon is the best eevelution but Mason thinks Leafeon is the best so they end up bickering but Leafeon and Espeon get along fine which makes my growlithe jealous cause he has a crush on espeon so the characters refuse to talk to each other because they cant agree on amything and growlithe refuses to allow emerald to be nice to mason

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
    Years
  • Do anyone want to have a plot with Fleur?
    Anything that is 'click' with her. For now, I'm thinking about finding rivals and pastry-maniac, or both.

Yep for the appeals I think that'll be fine :) there will be more clarification when the appeals section starts. :D
    Really, yes. I mean like, wo-hoo!
    Maybe I can change Claydol's move, but later. I mean I got to rethink this like many times to put some good show around...
    Ah yes, what about the system of the battles?

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Emerald can, if you dont mind. The more rivals the better. Maybe we become rivals because Emerald thinks Espeon is the best eevelution but Mason thinks Leafeon is the best so they end up bickering but Leafeon and Espeon get along fine which makes my growlithe jealous cause he has a crush on espeon so the characters refuse to talk to each other because they cant agree on amything and growlithe refuses to allow emerald to be nice to mason

That's... a really good idea. I like it.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I shall take you up on that offer

We should think of a backstory for it though

We can be rivals because each one of us has different strategies to win a contest; you of course use love of your pokemon while I show the brutal force of mine. Let's say they met at a contest and you won by showing the bond of your pokemon. Cabbage here gets mad at you and tries to prove that bonds aren't everything you need. Feel free to add your own suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    We can be rivals because each one of us has different strategies to win a contest; you of course use love of your pokemon while I show the brutal force of mine. Let's say they met at a contest and you won by showing the bond of your pokemon. Cabbage here gets mad at you and tries to prove that bonds aren't everything you need. Feel free to add your own suggestion.

Thats awesome. Kinda like Brandom from the diamond and pearl anime or even gary.
    Maybe both characters try to out do each other constantly

Years
  • Alex Simmonds

Hoenn Grand Festival  ✮RESULTS✮ OOC/SU Thread

Biography

Despite his appearance of a well-dressed, well-groomed blonde young man nineteen-year-old Alex was actually brought up on the outskirts of Solaceon Town in the Sinnoh Region – a far more rural beginning that one might expect.

Alex was born into a family of farmers and pokemon breeders and for several years this was enough for him. He was a clever child who loved to learn so he enjoyed the things he learned about pokemon working on the farm or as a breeder. Unlike a lot of his family though, Alex was also something of a thrill seeker. He liked to try his strengths, loved to compete and loved the feeling of adrenaline rushing through his veins. It was only a matter of time before Alex left Solaceon Town and began his journey with his Chimchar partner – the first pokemon he bread and trained himself.

At first Alex didn't really have a plan of action at all. He caught a lot of pokemon, he traversed dangerous terrains and explored interesting areas and he tried a lot of different things – Rodeos, racing and of course gym battles. Alex was quickly hooked on the challenge presented by gym battles and the pokemon league. Soon enough, he'd competed in the Sinnoh League and managed to secure himself a position in the top four.

Over the next few years Alex repeated this process in the other regions. Consistently placing well and overcoming his gym battles with more and more ease. By the completion of his sixth journey, one around the Unova region, he was bored of plain old battles.

Unsure of what to do with his life from then on, Alex spent some months wandering. Soul searching you could call it. He'd spent most of his life battling in gyms and leagues and all of a sudden there was nothing there for him. He didn't want to do that anymore. Alex returned home still unsure of what to do. It was there he was reminded of Pokemon Contests. Watching the Grand Festival on the television was all it took. Alex had found his new calling.

Alex trained, awaiting the new contest season and the moment it appeared, he registered as a coordinator without a second though. Alex made it to Sinnoh's Grand Festival and placed as the runner-up for the event. Soon after he made his plans to head to the Hoenn region.

Now coming into his second participation in a Grand Festival, Alex is knowledgeable and skilled using his time as a breeder and his experiences from his travels to his advantage.​

Festival Team

Flora the female Cherrim
    Ability: Flower Gift
    Moves:
    • Sunny Day
    • Petal Dance
    • Dazzling Gleam
    • Hidden Power (Fire)

Nymph the female Gardevoir
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves:
    • Calm Mind
    • Moon Blast
    • Psychic
    • Misty Terrain

Sol the male Volcarona
    Ability: Flame Body
    • Rage Powder
    • Fiery Dance
    • Protect
    • Hurricane​

Other Pokemon: In addition to his team for the festival Alex also has Aedus his Infernape, Davvi his Jellicent and Amaya his Goodra on his person. Alex has been working with pokemon for many years and as such as caught or bred several.

Alright, let the fun begin xD
    I'm up for pretty much any kind of interaction.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • *raises hands*
    maybe a battle between Dallas and Austin?
    maybe fighting over a specific ice cream flavor?

*cough*5points*cough*

Hey, I know you said you wanted to be have a battle. My idea is that we could be on the beach and just battling. 1 on 1 after we meet one another. But I will not be using my Festival team. We could tie it and then I ask if you want Ice Cream and a bunch of kids and stuff asking for ice cream and we work together to serve it.

Also, I think it might be better if we let it span over the month instead of just 3 weeks. That gives us 30 days to span 3 to 5 days RP time. Would us be easier for everyone to keep track of it. Would also give us time to do some not contest things. But it is up to the GM. Just an idea.

Years
  • Character Name: Jango Grendale ( Because the name Jango is awesome )
    Short Biography: Jango is a 15 year old boy from the town of Jubilife. ( That J word is not as awesome as the previous ). He didn't like battles but he was drawn to contests. This was good fro him as he loved cooking and was good at creating poffins. He eventually got a trainer license and set out for Slateport to join the festival.

Pokémon Species : Weavile (Blur)
    Ability : Pressure
    Moves : Ice Shard, , Night Slash, Quick Attack, Brick Break

Pokémon Species : Jolteon (Flash)
    Ability : Volt Absorb
    Moves : Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Swift

Pokémon Species : Ninetales(Sizzle)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Fire Spin, Double Team, Energy Ball, Dark Pulse

Etherion

Hey, I know you said you wanted to be have a battle. My idea is that we could be on the beach and just battling. 1 on 1 after we meet one another. But I will not be using my Festival team. We could tie it and then I ask if you want Ice Cream and a bunch of kids and stuff asking for ice cream and we work together to serve it.

yes! good idea~
    lets go with it!

Back