• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn League Discussion (May contain spoilers)

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    totodile said:
    If he wins that does not mean it needs to end after all to be a Master, don't you think you need to win all the leagues? I dont think it would mean an end. XD
    Well, it wouldn't make sense if he won one league and lost the next, and if he continued to win all the leagues from here on out, the anime would become even more predictable (and consequently more boring) than it already is.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    You can win a league and then not win one.
    Things are not perfect just because you reach one goal

Years
    Ash is only going to use Hoenn pokemon? YES.

Time to go and yell "HAHA, ASH AIN'T BRINGIN BACK CHARIZARD FOO!" to everyone. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*cough, hack*

I think Ash'll to really well. Really, if he can get into the top eight while never training much, I'm sure he can probably get in the top two or something. Maybe top four. I dunno if he'll win though...

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Yeah well to truly be a master you need to master every league(which doesn't mean winning it). So if Ash does win this one, it doesn't mean he will stop being the main character. Plus May would probably accompany him if they do another series because I think that is why they made her lose her first Grand Festival for Co-Ordinators, just like Ash didn't his first.

QUESTION: Why do you think Ash has never faced Lance, even though they have met on more than one occasion?. So do you think we will see Lance again in the future?

[font=Frutiger SAIN Bd v.1]Well they met in Johto and Hoenn as you know, but why didn't Ash ever face him, I would have liked to see that even though he might have lost, because he faces Drake from the Hoenn Elite 4 in a normal match, so why not Lance? XD. I think we might see him in the future XD.[/font]

Pokemon_Veteran

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Here's the problem with Ash winning (i.e. getting first place) in ANY of the Leagues:

If Ash wins one league and not the next, there's gonna have to be an explanation as to why, and as the writers don't like to imply that Ash wins/loses his battles by luck, then:

One explanation would be that he slacked off after winning and got overconfident, which would actually be a good plot point and good char development, but the writers would actually have to remember to write the entire story up to the next region's league with Ash training less or having a visibly weaker team or something likethat, which would be difficult, and moreover, the writers have already established that Ash can be a slacker in everything EXCEPT Pokemon training. So that wouldn't work.

And if not that, then:

Another explanation is that the trainers of the region with the League that Ash actually won are overall worse trainers than other regions' trainers (which we know is not true of Hoenn, what with Harrison), and this will disappoint/anger a lot of Hoenn fans.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Its possible someone may appear.

I still say he could win and go on to more leagues.
    If he is going to be a Master he needs to conquer more than one league.

Years
    Surprise appearance?

Hmm. I doubt Shigeru (Gary) since the VA quit. Unless they got another one, but I heard the Japanese don't replace VA's much. *shrugs*

As for Misty... I don't even want to go there. <.<

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    How do you think he will do in the League?

Do you think he will make a friend and then be beat by them like in Kanto and Johto?

What postion do you think Ash will get in the Hoenn League?

Don't forget these questions too.

Ash is getting close in Japan, I cannot wait to see how he does in the League =3

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    I once wrote a fanfic where Misty returns in the middle of Ash's final battle and gives him the confidence he needs to win, but in all seriousness, I don't think it'll happen. Since there's still the Diamond and Pearl generation after this, I doubt Ash will win, but I do suspect he'll make the Top 4. And I highly suspect that Grovyle will evolve at some point during the tournament - they still haven't shown Sceptile in the anime or in any movies, and I assume it's because they were saving it for Ash. Not only that, but they haven't shown a Metang yet, so if Ash is pitted in a battle with Masamune's Beldum, both their Pok?mon could evolve and polish off the list of Hoenn Pok?mon in one fell swoop. Even if Ash doesn't win in the end, that'd be an awesome battle.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Remember that in the Hoenn League, 2 of his friends enter, not just one XD. But he is definately going to be battling Masamune

Pokemon_Veteran

Phoenix Riley

Going 1000 Posts!
    Years
    it always happens *sighs* cant the writers think of anything else
    anyway the questions:

How do you think he will do in the League?

Well i hope but knowing sato he will probaly muck it up XD

Do you think he will make a friend and then be beat by them like in Kanto and Johto?

Hasent that already happned?

What postion do you think Ash will get in the Hoenn League?

Probaly 2nd but if he loses max is gonna take the Pee XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years

Hasent that already happned?
    Yes it even says so in the question. The point is do you think it will happen again.

It also happened to May at the Grand Festival she lost to Drew.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    poor May, losing to that arrogant jerk Drew

I had the idea to write a fanfic based on the battle between May and Drew at the Grand Festival

Back