• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Hoenn had some of the best music in the series IMO, particularly the underwater themes and my personal favorite the route 111 theme.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    Hoenn has the best soundtrack imo. My favourites are The desert and Mt. Pyre peak. I like most of the Legedary soundtracks too.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I loved the soundtrack, I really hope they remake this game so I can listen to those tracks again, I liked the town music, battle music and most of all Team Magma's theme. The Champions theme was pretty epic as well.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    I agree. If only they had the Lance/Red battle theme from GSC/HGSS and the Rival battle theme from RBY/FRLG, they would slaughter every other game in terms of music.

The Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre battle themes were epic, the Victory Road theme was SO awesome, and just overall they had a more "epic" feeling. Like I said, they only needed the Red/Lance theme from HGSS and Rival theme from FRLG to be perfect.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    The regi battle music was awesome, puts you in the serious mood for catching and battling :L

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    As a person who claims to know a lot about music, I should be able to say what makes Hoenn's music so appealing. But I just can't. The songs just have this ineffable charm that I can't put my finger on. Tracks like Dewford Town, Oceanic Museum, and the Ending Credits blow me away every time. Everything is layered so perfectly and it's just nice to listen to.

Years
    I think especially Steven's music in R/S is awesome, because of the flippin' cool piano solo in the beginning. :D
    Anyway, I grew up with the Hoenn series, so I'm not that objective, but the music is just the best.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I did love most of RSE's Tracks, Mt. Pyre, Champion Steven, and the Sootopolis city music are among my favorites. But nothing can beat Giratina's theme and Dialga and Palkia's theme from Pokemon Platinum imho.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
    Hoenn music does a good job on giving the player a sense that they are on an adventure, with a lot of the songs having a heavy amount of brass, and this is why I love it.

Songs such as the champion battle theme, the Abandoned Ship theme, the battle themes, and the route themes stuck out to me when I played R/S/E, and the credits make it even more memorable of a game.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Hoenn just has some of the most amazing music ever, and I think I played it with the sound off the first time! I was missing out on so much amazingness!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Generation III was the most musical in my opinion, the use of trumpets was Hoenn's trademark. I simply love every soundtrack Hoenn had. And going from 8-bit to the use of real instruments in pokemon was a huge turning point, and it set the example for the later generations with their soundtracks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    I couldn't agree more!! Some of my favorites were Lilycove City, Littleroot Town, Rival Meet & Battle, Champion Battle, and Sootopolois City!! :) God I miss those games!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    Man, I loved the R/S/E soundtrack (have the whole thing on my computer). My favourites were:

Victory Road (and the remix in SSBB)
    Rival Battle
    Evergrande City
    Route 104
    Route 120
    Surfing
    Underwater
    Battle Factory

...Okay, there were more that I just can't remember off the top of my head. But great soundtrack.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Actually, and even if I agree with the fact that Hoenn music are inventive and great, I've quickly enough of them. It depends on the music, of course, and I spoke about city themes and routes (music battles are just epic). For example, I can't bear them while I'm playing but I won't listen to them on Youtube like I would do with a fighting theme, or city themes from firsts generations and so on.

Well, my favourite Hoenn music is this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcoQbdQ1TwA&feature=related

JUST EPIC.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Hoenn has great music like Regi Trio music, Slateport City music, Abandoned Ship music and cave music. Only DP and BW has better music. Hoenn's music is little 'oldish' if you ask me but that's the reason why I like it. It reminds me FR and LG some times.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Barely over a month old, but still, rules are rules. Don't post in threads over a month old.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back