• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Solo Run Challenge

Years
  • Gintoki is now level 25, I've got a Poochyena as my HM slave and I'm off to Slateport now after defeating Brawly.

Gintoki is now level 41 and evolved into a Sceptile, I've caught a few Pokemon along the way, and I've managed to get three badges.

Current moveset is:
    -Leaf Blade
    -Pursuit
    -Screech
    -Quick Attack

Years
  • Finished Pelipper run, so I can now focus on this here
    Mind if I change the date to get rid of Pokerus (if it works)? I'm asking this because pretty much nothing gives Sp.A EVs early on, so Pokerus would be anything but beneficial for me

Years
  • Update: Beat Roxanne (1 attempt), quite easily. Beat Grunt, caught 5 Zigzagoons and went to Dewford. Lost to a Fisherman with a Tentacool, did stuff again. This time Roxanne took longer to beat, stupid Rock Tomb...
    Delivered package and beat Brawly with the newly learned Confusion.
    Did Slateport stuff and lost to some random guy's Aron. Of course I didn't save since Brawly, so I had to to the Slateport stuff again, luckily it isn't that much. Beat trainers around Mauville, Smoochum evolved somewhere here. Beat Wattson, only took me 2 attempts and 1 paralysis berry. Saved, so it will not happen to me again.

Hoenn Solo Run Challenge

PokerusFTL/ Jynx f Lv.32 @ /
    Modest Nature / Oblivious

- Confusion
    - Thief
    - Sweet Kiss
    - Powder Snow
    Yes, of course this is a reference to my Aggron named PokerusFTW, which was pretty much the first Pokemon I ever did a solo run with. Since this time the Pokerus didn't come in that handy, it's ftl instead.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    -beat maxie and then the fire gym leader
    -went to beat norman and did. it was sad.
    -surfed to dewford for the sludge bomb tm.

shrooms! lvl 43 @ Silk Scarf
    Adamant Nature
    Hoenn Solo Run Challenge

Mach Punch
    Secret Power
    Sky Uppercut
    Leech Seed

i got sludge bomb because shrooms! is currently unable to damage ghost types, but i don't think poison is very effective against ghosts :\

Years
  • Beat Team Magma (the Camerupt caused some trouble), Flannery (OHKOd everything) and Norman (2 attempts, Jynx got a Focus Punch into the face after an unsuccessful Sweet Kiss on the second Slaking)
    Got Ice Beam TM from the ship and bought Psychic TM in Mauville. Saved.

Hoenn Solo Run Challenge

PokerusFTL/ Jynx f Lv.47 @ /
    Modest Nature / Oblivious

- Psychic
    - Thief
    - Sweet Kiss
    - Ice Beam
    Even with weakish moves like Confusion and Powder Snow this destroyed everything (except for Steels) in 1 or 2 hits, so things are getting even funnier now.

Years
  • Beat Flannery, had a lot of trouble with Torkoal because of Sunny Day and Overheat... (hate that thing). Moved onto Norman, and easily took care of him. Gintoki only took 1 Facade from Slaking.

Hoenn Solo Run Challenge

Gintoki
    Level 46
    -Pursuit
    -Leaf Blade
    -Slam
    -Rock Tomb

Destinyfate

ѵᄐᄂᄋ
    Years
  • update
    *beat norman but lost to him once and got the badge
    *used seacrt power and made a those little hideout things also bought some furniture too...
    * then i went to winona beat her losing 3 times omg!!
    * saved game and went to update on pc

battler
    ludicolo lvl 50

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ruski / Snorunt / Evolving / Emerald

Yes, I'd like to join. :P

By the way, I am trading a shiny one over from my Ruby...Level 5, breeded.

Last edited:

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Ooh, I was doing a solo run for YouTube so I'll update here.

Nidoran (m) [obviously this will change] / Nidoran (m) / Evolving / Emerald
    I changed the starter with a hacky thingy but it was still Lv 5, is this alright?

Currently in the Desert having beaten Flannery:

Nidoking Lv 46
    - Dig
    - Horn Attack
    - Double Kick
    - Peck

Destinyfate

ѵᄐᄂᄋ
    Years
  • havent updated in a while

anways

*beat winiona and got the feather badge
    *worked on hideout place
    *did all the groudon kyogre stuff
    * beat tate and liza and got the mind badge

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, there's a low chance for wild Pokemon to have Pokerus, and the player's Pokemon can be infected with it when the wild Pokemon is fought or caught, but not if the player flees.
    As soon as one of your Pokemon is infected, you can somehow spread the Pokerus in your team, but don't ask me how it works.
    Pokérus's effects (minus the ability to spread to others) stay, even when you get the :).

Years
  • I was playing for a while, then school started so I got alot done I'll just tell you how far
    Eevee is level 42.
    5 Badges
    Fought many trainers
    Eevee Lose Total is 8

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I will use A-Starter to get a magikarp. Im I allowed to use other pokemon until it learns tackle because if not I will use another pokemon?

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Another quick update

-Grinded Allegra to lvl 20, and she evolved into a Loudred! :]
    -Took on Roxanne, which was absolute hell. It took me three tries, and it was a looong battle... I used like 10 potions and 5 super potions. But I finally won! Which was a relief.
    -I did all the Team Aqua crap, got the PokeNav, etc. etc. I saved outside Mr. Briney's house and will be setting sail for Dewford later.

Allegra -- Loudred (f) -- lvl. 21 -- Modest
    -Pound
    -Uproar
    -Astonish
    -Howl

Back