• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's a little early to be sure. For all we know these games could have an updated Hoenn pokedex with extra pokemon. Plus a pokemon getting a mega could change everything. With the ease of using pokemon bank and wonder trade you could have whatever pokemon you wanted.

As of right now I'm thinking:

Blaziken
    Ludicolo
    Seviper
    Girafarig (No idea why, it's obtainable in Hoenn so I thought eh why not?)

No clue about the last two slots. Aside from my starter I want to use pokemon I haven't used yet. (I've already used Swellow, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Sceptile, Sharpedo, Altaria, Claydol, Mawile, Tropius, Camerupt, Swalot, Salamence, Cradily and Flygon during other games so the pool has been drained a lot, but I love the Hoenn region so it isn't too hard to think of other Hoenn pokemon I could use.)

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Well I'll probably pick Torchic or Mudkip...I have always wanted to raise a Flygon so maybe I'll pick up that. Gardevoir/Gallade maybe...perhaps both haha! Breloom would be really fun to raise. If Feebas is easy to obtain, maybe I'll get that. There are a lot of Hoenn pokemon I have not raised, so there is a lot of potential for some unique team combinations for me.

Years
  • Lmao that was one of my first thoughts when I heard Ruby and Sapphire were coming back haha xD

At the moment I have it narrowed down to Sceptile, Swellow, Manectric, Dustox, Ninetales and... to be decided for my 6th slot haha :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Swampert - As I would probably take Mudkip as the starter, seeing as I like him a lot.
    Breloom - Because I really would like to get an early grass type to battle the pesky water types throughout the game.
    Camerupt - Seeing as I usually take him along because of his usefulness in fighting out the Elite Four.
    Swellow - This goes without question, as I always like to take generic flying types, and Swellow is awesome.
    Altaria - I always used to take Trapinch or Bagon, but Flygon didn't learn that good moves and Bagon was receive a mite bit too late. And besides, Swablu is cute.
    Linoone - I really liked to take Linoone all through my various games in the region, and he was quite useful as well.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • I can't say now but what I am considering is this -
    - Sceptile
    - Mightyena
    - Ludicolo
    - Magcargo
    - Swellow
    - Manetric

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh, God. Oh, my God.
    1. Gardevoir
    2. Pelipper
    3. Aggron

...idk what other three I would use, but those three are indefinitely on my team. They're my absolute fave Pokemon from gen 3. <3

I'm thinking maybe Dusclops in there, too. because God knows I use him waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much in all of my gen 3 runs.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Doesn't really matter which starter I pick, since we'll probably get them all via Wonder Trade (if it's in this game). I'll probably pick Torchik because I picked him the first time I played Ruby. Might even box him and use other Pokemon.

Lets see what features the game will have, but I might do some sort of a nuzlocke/wonderlocke since I never got to do it in Kalos (because one save slot = brilliant idea XDD)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Two Pokémon I would surely be having on my team are Blissey and Skarmory; together, they always do great teamwork, as one helps you wall opponents on physical side of things while other does it specially. Latter would be there to mostly set up entry hazards and whatnot, and former's job would be to keep all members healed and set off all status effects that might be affecting them. :] I may wind up including Blaziken, but not too sure about that; it's banned from competitive play, so I'm still deciding if it's actually worth it or not. If I don't choose Torchic as my starter, then I will definitely select Mudkip and train it into Swampert.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I know I'll have Blaziken for sure. As for the rest, I'd like to try out some new Pokemon. Every time I've replayed the original games I used more or less the same team. This time, I want to try Aggron, Salamence, and not sure about the rest....

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • > Blaziken
    > Bellossom
    > Mawile
    > Water Type Pokemon
    > Flying Type Pokemon
    > Any other Pokemon

Possible Pokes are Gardevoir, Froslass, and maybe import some of my teams in X and Y

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Mudkip and evo mightyena , Wingull(oooohh I love Wingulls, yes I know they are weak but they are strong enough for the ingame :D ) the electrike . (and others i see as i go)

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • My original team - the most beloved team I ever raised - was the team I had in Emerald. I loved each and every one of those Pokémon individually, and still use them even now in X and Y. However, I have no plans to recreate that team. Instead< I think it will go like this:

• Swampert - My favourite starter of all time, and what I personally think is the cutest
    • Shedinja - Thought it was slightly odd/creepy at first, but I caught a shiny one and it grew on me
    • Crawdaunt - Always thought this Pokémon was EPIC
    • Flygon - Loved the concept of a dragonfly that could carry me around on a whim
    • Vileplume - One of my favourite 1st gen Pokémon and an awesome grass type
    • Camerupt/Marcargo/Armaldo/Cradily - All Pokémon I never really used, but was interested in
    These are all Pokémon I adored in the game, but never really used seriously. The only similarity this has to my original team is the Swampert, but my original Swampert is a girl, so it's unlikely they'll even be the same gender. I would love to write a fanfic based on my original team and my new team meeting.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Blaziken, Gardevoir, Sharpedo, Swellow, Altaria, and Dusclops(Dusknoir if it's available before post-game).

I'd eventually replace Sharpedo with Kyogre.

Ttar0914

Years
  • Let's just wait for more information about what pokemon are going to be available and what not in or/as. But as of now my team will be:

Blaziken
    Swellow
    Sharpedo
    Flygon
    Manectric
    Groudon/Kyogre

Years
  • Not really sure on which starter to pick, but some Pokemon I plan to use on my are:
    -Hariyama
    -Kingdra (If Mudkip isn't my starter)
    -Altaria (If Mudkip is my starter)
    -Salamence
    -Metagross
    -Dusclops/Dusknoir (Depending on if the game will have cross-gen evolution

Back