• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • You know, I'd forgotten about Gallade. You think there's gonna be Dawn Stones available any time right off the bat? I'd think it'd be saved for Super Training (if it's included) or Frontier prizes. :(

I dunno. ;( Hopefully we can trade between XY and RSE right off the bat, I'll probably give myself one. And maybe breed for some good egg moves ^_^

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    As tempting as it is to plan a team (like I've done the past 2 gens), I would rather not this time around.

X&Y ended up providing a crap ton of options as far as Pokemon went. There were so darn many of them per route and city that I had an awful time deciding my final team. I have a feeling the variety will end up just like that all over again. So I think I'll avoid planning for the time being and just roll with whatever I end up with when November comes.

But for sure I'm gonna keep my Treecko on the team.

Love me some starters.

Tek

Years
  • Hmmm.... thinking.... Ok!

Treecko
    Azumarill
    Wigglytuff
    Raichu
    Jirachi (assuming I can bring mine up from HG pre-E4; otherwise Xatu or maybe Spoink/Grumpig)

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • -Swampert or Sceptile (if he gets a mega)
    -Breloom or Walrein
    -Armaldo
    -Castform
    -Tropius
    -Slugma or Torkoal

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I know part of my team. It'll be a variation of the team on my first Sapphire playthrough which I never finished.

Sceptile - My favorite Hoenn starter! And one of my favorite starters overall. I love this guy. :3

Altaria - Another one I've always wanted to use. Since I already used Flygon, the one on my old team, in my X/Y team, I figure I'll use this one as my flyer instead.

Gardevoir - Definitely want one of these! My boyfriend has one and it's overpowered as balls. Also, it was on my old team. :3

Ninetales - I've always wanted to use a Ninetales in a team, but I never have for some reason. Now's my chance!

The other slots, I'm leaving up in the air to replace with whatever I decide my fancy wants me to try using. Probably something I've never used before. I'll most likely use a RNG to decide at least one. :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Swampert definitely. I love it. I'll go for Breloom, Skarmory, Manectric and a few other that I haven't decided yet. It's based of my original team in Sapphire.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • If I don't end up nuzlocking it like I did with XY, my team will be as follows:

-Blaziken
    -Milotic (Implying it's not damn near impossible to find a Feebas, that is.)
    -Cacturne
    -Flygon
    -Manectric
    -Armaldo.

This is of course assuming that only Hoenn Pokemon will be obtainable.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I summon Swampert, Castform, Swellow, Flygon, and Altaria.

Swampert kills all gym leaders since a Mudkip. Waterfall and Earthquake will be the deadly moves for him.

Castform is so adorable but that doesn't mean it is weak. Weather effects I use are sunny day and hail( got rainy day covered) and fire blast and weather ball are always in service. I used to have het for contests but in battle she proved herself worthy.

Swellow was always my first capture and few pokemon can keep up with him. Fly and Ariel Ace will leave grass types crying for mercy. Plus Double Team ensures survival.

Flygon is amazing at attack and speed ensures to strike first. Works great in a double battle with Swampert by using fly/dig and then my water buddy uses surf or Swampert using Earthquake. Outrage will kill all other dragons.

Lastly Altaria is a very awesome dragon pokemon. Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor will leave opponents blown up.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • In Hoenn it's really hard to make a team because all the early Pokés have crap level up movepools and are therefore hard to raise. It's possible the remake fixed that.

My team always has Aggron and Walrein to one-shot Drake's dragons. Never used Gardevoir.

Years
  • For this game I decided to randomly generate 5 Pokemon from the random Pokemon generator and use whatever it generates. This is what I got.
    1)Audino
    2)KlingKlang
    3)Hitmonlee
    4)Bouffalant
    5)Kangaskhan
    (Too many normals, it hurts)
    And I'll be choosing Torchic as my starter.

Years
  • Back in the day of RSE it was easy to choose 6 favourites, but I noticed that with the years passing I grew to like many pokemon that didn't appeal to me back then, I think I'm going to end up liking them all eventually xD
    These were my favourites at the time of Emerald:
    257.gif
    277.gif
    286.gif
    306.gif
    330.gif
    359.gif

I really wanna use Milotic and Gardevoir this time around, I will probably replace Swellow, and maybe Breloom or Absol, so It'll probably be like this in the end:
    257.gif
    282.gif
    306.gif
    330.gif
    350.gif
    359.gif

If OR/AS keep the same exp. share of X and Y I may even consider rotating more than 6 pokemon.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Mudkip! And whether I like it or not I'll probably gardevoir again. I'll try to grab myself an aron to use too since I've never raised one of those. May get an exploud in the end too.
    But really its all just random, ahaha!.

Years
  • Well, for the starter, my choice is split between Treeko, and Mudkip.. Treeko would be more challenging, but mudkip is so useful in hoenn ! He can run surf and waterfall, and its not an hindrance like other HMs on other pokemon !

Then, this is 100% sure, Mightyena ! :D
    They'll probably won't bother fixing it, given its been nearly 3 gens and they haven't done much to help it. But regardless, I'll bring it to the Hall of Fame, healthy, and with a bunch of KO-ed E4 pokemons at its name! :)
    Just like I did in emerald ! I can't count the number of times that this pokemon saved my butt, even when I didn't expect it to! XD

Then:
    - Manectric
    - Swellow
    - Linoone, for a while(pickup is awesome and linoone does the job for a while)
    - Camerupt(never got to really use this guy before)

I might box the starter, or linoone for another one at one point. I also want to train a Flygon, but I'll have to periodically box trapinch, because he's not all that useful until evolved. I might get Breloom, Gardevoir, Azumarill, or another water type. I'd like to try Wailord, Walrein or Milotic for once, if its not as hard as it was to catch a feebas in R/S/E anymore !

What is annoying though, is that its gonna be harder this time, because mightyena is stuck with stats/abilities even moves more or less, from gen 3, and now its special defense is really a problem, even when fighting things it got an advantage on.. Ghosts mainly, their moves were physical in gen3, before the physical/special split in gen 4.. So intimidate helped even more in taking down ghost types, but not so much now. Plus, nearly all other Hoenn pokes got serious upgrades..
    And of course, gamefreaks changed the level it learns Crunch from 47 in Emerald, to 65 in X/Y .. -_-
    That doesn't make any sense GF.. That pokemon doesn't need a nerf.. Crunch is relatively weak, and even Sandile learns it at 33 ffs..

Welp, looking at all that text, I guess I'm a little too excited about the remakes ! XD

Back