• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hoenn? (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im probably one of the only people here who thinks this would be a good thing. I hope its true but fake pics pop up all the time.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    Adding features from Hoenn, would be nice and even though I liked it I really don't want to see the region itself. I'd much rather see a few new places in Johto or Kanto that house Hoenn pokemon for us to catch.

Even if they do add in Hoenn (very unlikely) it's been three years since R/S/E and it'll probably be like G/S/C's Kanto. Plus it would defeat the purpose of bringing the Weather Trio to Johto.

for the umpteenth time

POKEMON GSC COULD ONLY HOLD UP TO 16MB. THAT IS WHY KANTO WAS KIND OF FAIL ON IT

POKEMON HGSS CAN HOLD 264MB.'Nuff said

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I'm probably the only person who disliked Sinnoh, and got less enjoyment out of it than the other games.

Back to the discussion. I loved the Hoenn games. They had introduced a whole new set of Pokemon that ruled. I was 10 when I got Sapphire. But I still didn't enjoy it as much as Kanto and Johto. Those games were awesome, and when Pokemon was at its peak. At the time, the atmosphere around the games made it for me as well. Their simple, not graphically complexed gameplay was part of what made the games awesome. Then there was the return of Kanto in Generation 2, which, along with many other things, was the icing on the cake. Hoenn was when it became waaaaay too complicated in some parts. And Sinnoh, my God, was absolutely ruined by the amount of different storylines and objectives. It used to be all about and awesome trainer with a rival and some bad guys he was set out to beat with his awesome Pokemon. hoenn, as mentioned, was kind of a set back.

Bottomline - HG/SS without Hoenn > HG/SS with Hoenn

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    for the umpteenth time

POKEMON GSC COULD ONLY HOLD UP TO 16MB. THAT IS WHY KANTO WAS KIND OF FAIL ON IT

that would mean a DS card can hold pokemon gold/silver about 16 and a half times over.... ya i'm sure there is enough room for Johto, a full kanto, and Hoenn. I would not worry about lack of space if they ever wan't Hoenn in the game.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Hoenn would be cool in it. It's my favorite region :)

It was pretty cool. Unlike Kanto and Sinnoh.

I personally like Kanto, even if it is extremely basic and old. It's Sinnoh that I disliked.
    I'd like to add, that if they added Hoenn in then DSi uses would be happy as that way they wouldn't have to go to Pal Park to get their Hoenn Pokémon, and all Regions would be in Gen IV. Still, unlikely that it'll happen. :(

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    for the umpteenth time

I already know that, no need to yell. But really do we know how much MB HG/SS will take up with Johto, a full Kanto, and all the features. Will there still be enough room to make a full scale Hoenn with added places?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I personally like Kanto, even if it is extremely basic and old. It's Sinnoh that I disliked.
    I'd like to add, that if they added Hoenn in then DSi uses would be happy as that way they wouldn't have to go to Pal Park to get their Hoenn Pokémon, and all Regions would be in Gen IV. Still, unlikely that it'll happen. :(

Well, Kanto is kind of nice. But the thing that made me not like it was the graphics. It was kind of yuck

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    I already know that, no need to yell. But really do we know how much MB HG/SS will take up with Johto, a full Kanto, and all the features. Will there still be enough room to make a full scale Hoenn with added places?

There would definitely be room, but no-one ever uses the full 264MB when creating a DS game... HGSS will probably use a 128MB cartridge with/without Hoenn.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    I'm probably the only person who disliked Sinnoh, and got less enjoyment out of it than the other games.

Back to the discussion. I loved the Hoenn games. They had introduced a whole new set of Pokemon that ruled. I was 10 when I got Sapphire. But I still didn't enjoy it as much as Kanto and Johto. Those games were awesome, and when Pokemon was at its peak. At the time, the atmosphere around the games made it for me as well. Their simple, not graphically complexed gameplay was part of what made the games awesome. Then there was the return of Kanto in Generation 2, which, along with many other things, was the icing on the cake. Hoenn was when it became waaaaay too complicated in some parts. And Sinnoh, my God, was absolutely ruined by the amount of different storylines and objectives. It used to be all about and awesome trainer with a rival and some bad guys he was set out to beat with his awesome Pokemon. hoenn, as mentioned, was kind of a set back.

still pretty narrow minded, there is nothing wrong with adding extras. Hoenn would be as optional as kanto was. how many times do any of us have to drill it in your heads. COME ON KIDS!!! think for once, if Hoenn was in the game who is going to make you go there? desire to get Kyogre or Groudon? well guess what, they were never GSC anyhow. Did they force you into Poekmon contests? no but it was still there as an option. Hoenn would be an option, I doubt it would influence the story of HG/SS. instead it may very well have a whole new one with team megma/aqua... or maybe it well just be there for exploration and no story at all.

I liked the hoenn map. And it did not complicate anything, the story was easy to fallow, double battle were fun...

and the RSE games were pretty simple...

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    If they added Hoenn, more people would be happy if that was their favourite
    If they don't add Hoenn, how will we get Trapinch and what not! Though they could always add them into Johto or Kanto like they did in the anime with Togepi,Munchlax,Mime.Jr,Marril and Snuball.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years

Uhh... I disliked sinnoh along with a few other people

and honestly hoenn wasn't really a setback.(in my opinion)) it wasn't a great game but the region itself was great

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years

That's not true, If Kanto and Johto get a remake, Hoenn should too.

And besides, Hoenn could have a few changes. Team Aqua and Magma might reappear or maybe you can catch Latias and Latios.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    There would definitely be room, but no-one ever uses the full 264MB when creating a DS game... HGSS will probably use a 128MB cartridge with/without Hoenn.

I wish, but if you look at Platinum it is around 130 MB by itself (this is based off an unedited ROM that I have) and that's just one region without all the new features that HG/SS will have (minus a few features that will remain Platinum exclusive then Johto itself might be around 130 MB). If this is the case then how high could it go if a full Kanto is added then a full Hoenn.

Still adding Hoenn wouldn't make sense, since the weather trio will be encountered in Johto now. What would be left for it?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Yeah Kerjo has a point, they game will be mostly full if a full Kanto is added. If Hoenn is going to be in it at all it may just be a part of it used to catch Rayquaza,Kyogre, Groudon.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Still adding Hoenn wouldn't make sense, since the weather trio will be encountered in Johto now. What would be left for it?

Uuh, just wondering... where exactly is it confirmed that the Weather Trio will be encountered in Johto?

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Well there was a Coro Coro scan about it, I'm sure you've seen it. Whether they will be caught in Johto or Kanto, either roaming or set, hasn't been confirmed yet, I think? But the scan did say something about them coming over to Johto after beating the E4. Well, not all but one depending on the game.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    This actually looks pretty fake to me.

Looks like somebody just tried to recreate the Hoenn map. However, if this did really turn out to be true...(which I do SERIOUSLY doubt) I wouldn't like it very much. Isn't two regions (Kanto and Johto) enough? And isn't this a remake of Gold and Silver? Hoenn wasn't in Gold and Silver.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    oh.
    my.
    lordee.
    bee.

That pic is bull. Hoenn Schmoenn

And you know that Hacked Kanto Map that looked extremely real? This could be done by the same person just to fool you.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back