• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen #HoennAllDayEveryday [Day and Night Speculation Thread]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I would love to see Chinchou at night by the shores of Lilicove. It'll be a beautiful view. Honestly if it influences anything I think it'll only be aesthetics. Well as I said before there may be a chance that they'll make it so that Chimecho will be more likely to appear at night (which is reinforced by the fact that it evolves at Night (with high Friendship)).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    It sure was, it looked as if a full moon covered Kalos every day. Speaking of the moon I'll like it if they added in moon cycles to the game where the amount of light at night depends (at least partially as seasons also play a role) on the moon's stage.
    It would be amazing if they made the islands that Darkrai and Cresselia reside on appear on days where there is a new moon and full moon in the real world.

I think it would be wonderful for more time based events to be added to the series in general. It allows the games to continuously change and have more surprises whenever you play.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yes, it reminds me, will there be good time events that will happen? I was thinking that megastones will shimmer at night in postgame like in XY. Other than that, I can't think up of more D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Yes, it reminds me, will there be good time events that will happen? I was thinking that megastones will shimmer at night in postgame like in XY. Other than that, I can't think up of more D:
    I could think of a ton of things. Sadly I don't think they'll take advantage of it as much as they could if they do have the day and night cycle.

So one clever thing would be for more Ninja trainer classes to appear at night.
    They have high tide and low tide for Shoal Cave. Why not do the same thing for places like Mossdeep City. Maybe you could have some sort of secret area you can access on a small remote island?
    Of course different Pokemon appearing depending on the time of day would be appreciated.
    Perhaps Regigigas' chamber (If he has one) could be related to the time of day?
    The light towers at Slateport and Lilycove could shine on the overworld and reveal some sort of hidden item as it passes over the tiles.
    Sidney could hang out around some area during the night since he's the Dark-type Elite Four member.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I personally hope they'll get rid of the mega stone time events and instead make them harder to find if they really want to make them rarer. I had more time to play Pokemon during the day, not night.

Years
    I personally hope they'll get rid of the mega stone time events and instead make them harder to find if they really want to make them rarer. I had more time to play Pokemon during the day, not night.

I think they choose to make them available at night as they thought more people would be home from school, work, ect by then and be able to play.
    I do think they'll remove that for ORAS unless they add a relic which shines light a certain way at a certain time of day like the sun dial (which tbh would have been useless as it wouldn't even serve as a plot device (which was it's only function) if it weren't for the night Mega stones).

Salzorrah

Years
    Maybe coincide that event with Diancie perhaps? Since the mega-stone can only be taken in ORAS, I'm pretty sure, she will will have a significance.

Also, I do hope there would tons of exclusive trainers who would battle it out in different parts of the day. I was thinking Tate and Liza could also be rematched in the Space Station considering it has to do with the moon and such, and only do it at night?

Years
    Maybe coincide that event with Diancie perhaps? Since the mega-stone can only be taken in ORAS, I'm pretty sure, she will will have a significance.

Also, I do hope there would tons of exclusive trainers who would battle it out in different parts of the day. I was thinking Tate and Liza could also be rematched in the Space Station considering it has to do with the moon and such, and only do it at night?

I don't recall if the rockets actually were said to have gone to the moon. The twins are linked to both moon and sun though (Solrock and Lunatone) so I doubt they'll have a rematch at only a certain time of day, unless those times are sunset (end of day and beginning of night) and sunrise (end of night, beginning of day).

It'll be interesting if the Diancie Mega stone event involves us going some place at 8 pm-9pm. Wonder where they're going to have it's Mega stone event take place in the first place.

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    Animal Crossing has a time mechanic where you set the time and date and it runs in relation with the DS clock. That said, I don't think they'd implement something like that, but it is definitely a possibility.

For example, some people may only be able to play during certain hours of the day and to allow them to get the full experience, they can set the pokemon clock to whatever allows them the ability to attend certain events/evolutions without altering the DS's internal clock.

Years
    Animal Crossing has a time mechanic where you set the time and date and it runs in relation with the DS clock. That said, I don't think they'd implement something like that, but it is definitely a possibility.

For example, some people may only be able to play during certain hours of the day and to allow them to get the full experience, they can set the pokemon clock to whatever allows them the ability to attend certain events/evolutions without altering the DS's internal clock.

Maybe, RSE did have us set the clock after all. They could bring that back and make it something like in Animal Crossing then :)

Salzorrah

Years
    In my opinion, I hope we don't get that feature back, even if it was nostalgic. Maybe replace it with another event? Instead of the clock, maybe we can decorate our room a la secret base like we have that feature in RSE.

Years
    In my opinion, I hope we don't get that feature back, even if it was nostalgic. Maybe replace it with another event? Instead of the clock, maybe we can decorate our room a la secret base like we have that feature in RSE.
    Unless they add the PC in the final version of the games I don't think we'll be decorating our rooms in these games as the PC is missing in the screenshots we've seen.

Years
    Well, maybe we can just ask Mom? Like make an event that when you talk to her you would ask if you could change your room up lol

I don't think GF would change it up like that, it'll make it a bit of a hassle if one makes a mistake and has to go back and ask the mother in order to change it...

On topic: Perhaps they could make a Jiranchi event having to do with time. But it's an event Pokemon so perhaps they'll give us an item, and we'll have to use it at night? It'll fit with how it's shown waking up at night in the anime.

Back