• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hold Items.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Since Generation II Hold Items were introduced. They have changed the game dramatically since.

What is your opinion on Hold Items? What is your favourite hold item?

Which do you think is the most useful hold item?

I think they're quite good and can alter a battle in one turn. My favourite hold item would have to be the Lucky Egg. C:

And for the usefulness it goes to either; Choice items, Leftovers or Life Orb.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like hold items - they add a nice direction to the gameplay imo and are managed all right as well. I'd say I always liked Leftovers (yay healing) and Amulet Coin just for the money purposes, and the Lucky Egg/Exp Share are pretty darn useful as well.

Most useful item is kinda debatable as it depends on the Pokemon and what you want to do and all. It'll also differ if you're talking about competitive or just in-game stuff as well I suspect.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I've always liked hold items. Curing poison with berries was such a live saver.

That said I always like the Lum Berry, which can be pretty useful in some situations.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • What is your opinion on Hold Items? What is your favourite hold item?
    They're mostly useful. Even the "negative" ones such as Toxic Orb can play out to advantage with abilities, like poison heal.

Leftovers. They allow pokemon to heal gradually without resorting to healing moves.

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • I like hold items because they make pokemon a little harder.
    My personal favorite is brightpowder. It's so satisfying when you see in the text box, "the foe's [insert pokemon species name here]'s attack missed!"

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I always liked hold items. As far as casual play is concerned, finding the right item for the right Pokemon (eg Bullet Seed for a grass pokemon) positively added to gameplay. Your team felt more complete if they each were holding an appropriate item.

However, I have never used berries as hold items. To be honest, I hoard berries. I never plant them. I never use them. They sit in my bag, and none of my Pokemon will get their grubby paws on them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • What is your opinion on Hold Items? What is your favourite hold item?

I think it's a brilliant idea without them, battles would be less fun/tactical and easier/harder.

If berries are included, then Sitrus Berry, I always grind my teeth when the opponents Sitrus Berry heals health which happens almost everytime and heals quite a nice amount of HP, not alot compared to Hyper Potion but still good. It makes me want to use them but I never seem to have any on me ;/

Basic Hold Item is a draw between Lucky Egg & Exp Share, two of the most useful items in the game IMO.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Held items compensate for the fact that you can't use Potions in battle. My favorite held items are Leftovers, Life Orb, Expert Belt, Scope Lens, Wide Lens and the Choice items. IMO, Leftovers and Life Orb are the most useful held items.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hold items are great. :) I find Leftovers, Lucky Egg, Exp. Share, and Life Orb to be the most useful. I'm only an in-game player though. I'm sure there'd be more honorable mentions if I was into competitive, haha.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I like hold items. I think Leftovers, Lum Berry, Exp. Share, Life Orb and Max Revive to be the most useful items.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hold items are awesome... until one held by your opponent snatches victory from you xD. My favorites are the Exp. Share, Lucky Egg, Leftovers, Sitrus Berry in 4th/5th gen, and Lum Berry, with those last three being most useful in battle.

Years
  • Some of them seem rather useless to me but overall I think theyre nice for the games. You can make more various strategies in games which makes it more more intresting!

Personaly I like Focus sash and Lum Berry the most :3
    But in the end I suppose I like Focus Sash more since most of my fav Pokémon are the typical speedy ones with low defenses </3

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • I love hold items and use them as much as possible. My favorites are the Amulet Coin, the Lucky Egg and the Soothe Bell. Why the Soothe Bell? I like my team to be happy, that's why!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • What is your opinion on Hold Items?
    It is one of the best features in the game

What is your favourite hold item?
    Left Overs, I love restoring health little by little as the opponet is slowly losing theirs due to their Toxic fate

It depends on your battling stratgey

:t354:TG

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen today
    I liked it since the beginning my favourite are the ones that raises move type power like miracle seed.

Back