• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Foods: What does your family do?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    For Thanksgiving me and my family may go down to Disneyland, yay!
    We'll most likely have a traditional turkey dinner with the usual sides like stuffing, mashed or scalloped potatoes, yams, etc.

For Christmas we have tamales every year, us being Mexican-American and all. We make chicken and pork varieties, tamales filled with jalapeno cheese, and even sugar tamales. My aunt also makes the most delicious cookies every Christmas.

Ayselipera

Well for Thanksgiving we have for the most part traditional foods. Such as...
    turkey, stuffing, mashed pototoes, squash, etc. Although we do have creamed onions for a weird food, which is disgusting.

My family is mosty Italian so for Christmas eve we have 7 different kinds of fish. No meat what so ever. (which is an Italian tradition if you didn't know.)

1. Calamari
    2. Shrimp
    3. Smelts
    4. Backala ( I mave have spelled that wrong.)
    5. Scallops
    6. Cod
    7. Flounder

Then for Christmas Day we have all kinds of meats. For the most part its ham, roast beef, meatballs, and meat raviolis.

Easter is a whole other story, but I won't go there. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Thanksgiving: The usual. Turkey, corn, potatoes, stuffing, etc. Sadly, TGI Friday's, Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and the like aren't open that day :(

Christmas: I want to say ham along with a bunch of side dishes that closely resemble Thanksgiving. And see above comment about me wishing the major casual-dining restaurants were open.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of home cooking. Especially since "fries" are notably absent from both lists.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in jolly old England. o: But for Christmas, our family have a roast turkey (usually undercooked by my grandma), roast potatoes and various vegetables like carrots, green beans and (icky) sprouts at lunchtime, then have things like vol-au-vents and Pringles for dinner. 8D

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
    Years
  • We usually go up to my grandparents for the holidays, and them going all over the world they know how to make food from different countries they usually experiment, last year they made a pumpkin soup. For Christmas we usually have ham and some other stuff they also experiment on that holiday to cant remember what they made last year though.

Aksyel

Trajnisto Komencigxa
    Years
  • For Thanksgiving we just go to my grandma's house with turkey, potatoes, etc.

---

Por Thanksgiving, ni iras jxuse al la domon de mia avino per meleagro, terpomoj, etc.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    For Thanksgiving I'm gonna go down to my aunts house in Virginia and have a feast.

Party Like its Friday!

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • For Thanksgiving I am going to my cousins who lives a few streets over and having a big family dinner with my family, we are a big, close family so it is always great getting together. The morning of Thanksgiving, we play football and it is always a ton of fun. :)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    For Thanksgiving I am going to my cousins who lives a few streets over and having a big family dinner with my family, we are a big, close family so it is always great getting together. The morning of Thanksgiving, we play football and it is always a ton of fun. :)

I still live in town I went to high school in and every Thanksgiving morning they have their "Big Bone" football game against our rival school. The Big Bone is the equivalent to what homecoming would be to most high schools, complete with a dance crowning a Big Bone King and Queen.

Since I'm an alumni I may go. Afterwards we go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I still live in town I went to high school in and every Thanksgiving morning they have their "Big Bone" football game against our rival school. The Big Bone is the equivalent to what homecoming would be to most high schools, complete with a dance crowning a Big Bone King and Queen.

Since I'm an alumni I may go. Afterwards we go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Really, you guys do that on Thanksgiving? I never would have thought of that, that is actually really interesting. Yeah, my high school does it like most and we play our cross-town rivals on the friday afternoon before Homecomming.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • A bunch of food and akward moments with distant relatives:S Candy Yams are what I look foreward 2:D My mom makes them every year, and me and my Sister dual to near death for them. Haha.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    For Thanksgiving my family gets together and makes a ton of food.

For Chrismas my family get together opens presents, goes to play something like Putt-Putt, then goes out to eat.
    My holidays are awesome!

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • For thanksgiving my family invites everyone they know and then we have like 20 tables at the park and then we have lots of turkey and other stuff. It's like a huge party actually it is a huge party.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Really, you guys do that on Thanksgiving? I never would have thought of that, that is actually really interesting. Yeah, my high school does it like most and we play our cross-town rivals on the friday afternoon before Homecomming.

Yep every Thanksgiving morning we play against our cross-town rivals.
    Also, what's funny is the game is played at the community college I now attend laugh out loud.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    On Thanksgiving I usually will be with my good friends or my parents' friends. And I usually will eat the usual. We have turkey, stuffing, red cabbage, green beans, rolls, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, buttermilk pie, cherry pie, etc. And I usually be watching a movie or something. It is fun. ^^

On Christmas I will be with my family. We eat shrimp cocktail on Christmas Eve and on Christmas it is pancakes, eggs, sausage(Breaksfast), ham/turkey, green beans, stuffing, red cabbage, German Apple Cake, pecan pie, etc. And we open gifts. Usually I will get money and then the next day me and my brother will go and spend it on stuff. It is great.

And New Years Eve it is shrimp cocktail, cheese, crackers, celery sticks, carrots, etc. And we see the ball drop. It is great.

I can't wait til this Christmas. I don't know what we are going to do.

Skreamish

Mhm.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    My family will usually buy pre-made foods for any meal, because no one in my family has any cooking skills. Heh.

Back