• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holly ****.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I'm Scottish, so I pretty much use curse words like punctuation, which is funny because through school I was like the only person who didn't swear.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oh my god I'm so bad. :X

I curse like no other, and it actually hasn't been until recently that I've gotten really vocal around family and stuff and at first everyone was like, "woah." but now it is what it is LOL.

Of course though I hold back in certain settings lol like school, work, etc. Although I have sorta slipped up a little past the "boundaries" while at work with co-workers I'm familiar with, like I usually limit cursing at work (away from any customers ofc) to damn and hell in the stock rooms or wherever. But if I become friends with someone I'll get a liiittle bit more vocal, but I still don't go as far as the big bombs lol.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    In Spanish, curse words are mere adjectives to show emphasis. To actually offend someone, you need to string a full set of curses, direct them at a particular person or sound extremely angry while you recite them. Otherwise you can add one or two every five words and nobody will blink. That's why, when I really want to curse, I prefer to curse in English, because it sounds so much... worse. For that very reason, I rarely curse when I speak English.

Years
    I curse mostly to be ironic, especially around my parents, who curse a lot. Like, a lot. Anyway, it's something that I obviously refrain from when in school or in public, but otherwise...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I swear every waking moment of my life, basically. Every other word coming out of my mouth or when I type is the f-bomb or some other curse word.

Save for this post at least, since this is a more family-friendly internet board lol

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I would like to kindly point out the spelling error in the thread title: Holly is a collection of 400 to 600 differing species of flowering plants.

Holly ****.

^ This is not what you meant.

Also, I tend not to curse aloud, only in my mind.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    No not really ever haha
    Only when necessary or to be over dramatic or prove a point.
    In front of family however closed lips haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't swear at home because my parents are crazy religious, but I curse everywhere else. I work at McDonalds, and the language there is like in the Wolf on Wallstreet. I swear in every day conversation I guess, I don't really pay attention to it because it just seems like the norm nowadays.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I curse when I play video games. When I die in platformers, you'll hear the occasional "fuck!" or "shit." Same thing goes with fighting games and games like Pikmin where I mess up a strategy.

In person, I don't swear that much. I used to a lot but I toned it down ever since I was 17. I find it unnecessary unless I'm really upset or frustrated.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    irect them at a particular person or sound extremely angry while you recite them.
    the Spanish language already sounds angry enough

I tend to curse to myself more than I do others. normally it's under my breath in reaction to something I'm doing that's gone wrong, but hardly ever to others unless it's being said in a joking manner.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't swear at all in front of my parents because one time I did and they got mad at me even though they swear ALL THE TIME. Around certain friends, I guess I don't; I've had some friends tell me I swear a lot and some comment on my word choice whenever I do swear. So I guess you could say I curse... sporadically?

I would like to kindly point out the spelling error in the thread title: Holly is a collection of 400 to 600 differing species of flowering plants.

Holly ****.

^ This is not what you meant.

Also, I tend not to curse aloud, only in my mind.

It's in the holiday spirit!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I used to be the most innocent of children, especially coming from my family I never even told someone to "shut up" till about the last year of primary and everyone gasped thinking that it couldn't have been me. I never really didn't swear out loud until about the second to last year of college/high school.
    Of course, I did sometimes in my mind and sometime online since my online friends growing up swore on an often basis. I think things changed when I went to America for about 2 months for film camp and other things, and my friends swore like sailors and I just picked up the habit from them.
    I cooled down a bit since then (2 years ago) and only swear if I slip up or make a mistake at someone. Rather not swear so much anymore haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I try not to curse a lot (especially because my school's pretty strict when it comes to these things) but I can't help it when I'm mad, or whenever I get surprised. I almost never curse someone directly, though.

Back