• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Holy crap, Furfrou is a beast!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
  • I know right. I got into a trainer battle. Two Furfrou's at the same time, nearly wiped my team out twice. But a mix of burning them, and leachseed I was just able to scrape by. But their main move was headbut, man that did damage.

The heck?The same way i took rid of them.Leech seed from Quilladin and random Burn from Charmeleon.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Using one in rotation on my team, I can say with confidence that Furfrou is a dog with a very loud bark. Initially, when I first caught mine I didn't have any intentions on using it. After getting a feel for it though, I began to like what I was seeing and decided to keep it on me. I honestly wasn't expecting Furfrou to be as good as it has been, but I'm glad that it is. It's currently one of my main powerhouses, which is saying a lot since all of my [nine] party members pack quite the punch on their own.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    My Furfrou joined my team the moment I caught her, and stayed with me until the Elite Four and post-game. I loved the design from the moment it was "revealed" for a split-second in that Pokémon Direct, I love the haircuts (especially the ones you can unlock), and I love the stats. The only thing about Furfrou that I think is a bit lacking is the movepool, but honestly I can only really speak for its level-up moves, since I'm lacking TMs at the moment.

I love Furfrou. I initially wasn't expecting it to be that great, but I caught one and named her Fifi and decided I'd give her a go.

My goodness. Fifi became my MVP pretty much instantly. If I was having trouble with an opposing Pokemon, out she went and down they'd go. I gave her a Rocky Helmet, so that physical attackers break themselves on her luxuriously groomed Fur Coat, and let her Headbutt (and later Return) her way to victory.

Truth be told, I'm quite disappointed with her available movepool, but you can't win em all I suppose. Fifi has Return, Rock Smash, Sucker Punch, and Cotton Guard right now. Oh, and don't try to teach your Furfrou Strength. Despite their ability to rip through their enemies and feast on their organs (it keeps the coat shiny, y'see) they can't learn Strength.

Also, apparently Shiny Furfrou has a white body with black fur. Gonna try and PokeRadar chain one tomorrow! Fifi needs a friend!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I haven't tried working with my Furofu yet. Perhaps I will once I get this last piece of training equipment :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have yet to battle one...other than the one I captured. It was easy to catch...but afterwards it comes off as a handy wall due to it's ability...one proably wants to use a pokémon with Mold Breaker when fighting it...

Years
  • Lol @ this. It is an early game beast at best, but when the rest of the field catches up I'm sure it falls back. I gave mine a haircut even though I dont use it and now it looks stupid.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Lol @ this. It is an early game beast at best, but when the rest of the field catches up I'm sure it falls back. I gave mine a haircut even though I dont use it and now it looks stupid.

Im still using mine and honestly is my best bet against fighting if my delphox faints

Years
  • I love my furfrou. its name is scrafts and the first thing I did was max its defence and special defence. Since seeing its ability its been one of the pokemon ive most been looking forward to using in x and y (the other being torchic :) )
    and I really love the design. not a fan of any of the groomed ones ive seen so far, but I really like it shaggy

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Furfrou may not be very big in size, but they do have quite a lot of energy. I've managed to catch one at the beginning of the the game, and trained it up to about level fifty. Once it had reached that level, I've taken it online to see how well it's able to perform when battling competitively. To my surprise, it's managed to taken down two to three of the opponent's Pokémon single-handedly. d: The foe later used Mach Punch though, which eventually stopped its rampage.

Not only is this Pokémon powerful, it is quite speedy as well. It's got a base Speed stat of a hundred, which is definitely above-average. With this kind of Speed, Furfrou can outrun a variety of Pokémon that people like to use, such as Scizor, Swampert, and Ferrothorn. This Pokémon has a single typing, which helps to keep its weaknesses at a minimum.

My favorite kind of Furfrou would have to be the ones in orange and white, because the color scheme seems to go along with their body pretty nicely. Due to the same reason, I'm also a fan of the ones with blue fur. :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I love my furfrou. I caught a few on a lark when I discovered the grooming store in Lumiouse City (I had some luxury balls to test out). Luxury Ball + Return is AMAZING on Furfrou. I used a Serious natured Furfrou and she was in my party the entire game (mostly due to haircuts disappearing if you bank them) and was level 88 when I beat the elite four. The next highest pokemon was level 65 or so. With Fur Coat ability, you don't even have to try to make them amazing pokemon. It pretty much negates their Fighting disadvantage (except for Fighting attacks using Special Attack). Someone has to use ability-negating effects to overcome the Furfrou if you PVP... and if they are doing that then you know you're doing something right.

I HIGHLY recommend teaching your Furfrou the HM Surf. It helps when fighting against the Steel types in the Fairy gym and the elite four Steel trainer. I had used the move deleter to get rid of hers, in favor of Hidden Power (Poison) to combat faeries, for the final four and immediately regretted that decision! Water moves are better than Normal attacks for ubiquity purposes. I've beaten so many gyms and final four bosses by using attacks that don't have advantage/disadvantage since they seem to give attacks to the defending pokemon that will be super-effective against what pokemon you'll likely bring to the fight.

U-Turn was another good TM to teach as it allows you to have Furfrou tank at the beginning of the fight so you can see what they will be using. Use U-Turn if it's something that it can't handle and start going to town :) If you play switch combat mode, bring back Furfrou between victories! I also used Thunderwave while questing/capturing pokemon, and it's not too shabby for combat either. The only thing more annoying that not dealing any physical damage to a Furfrou is only being able to 50% of the time and watching them eat Leftovers! haha

My moveset on my Muffin was as follows:
    Serious/Leftovers

Return
    Hidden Power (Poison)/Surf
    Retaliate
    U-Turn/Thunderwave

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Furfrou is crazy! For one you can get its fur cut in Lumiose and there are about 10 designs, each unique.

My Furfrou is a powerhouse. During the game he was my HM slave, and my backup pokemon, however he proved more useful than that. Not only did he help beat all the gym leaders, but he literally wiped the elite four and champion with one move: Headbutt. He was only lvl 65 too when I fought them.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Ironically, poodles are one of the lesser-friendly breeds to begin with. So many people think of pitbulls or rottweilers when they think of a dangerous dog, but - and really no breeds are 'dangerous' - often the meaner breeds are the likes of poodles.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I know right. I got into a trainer battle. Two Furfrou's at the same time, nearly wiped my team out twice. But a mix of burning them, and leachseed I was just able to scrape by. But their main move was headbut, man that did damage.

Yes, I know the trainer battle you were talking about. Totally caught me by surprise, and I had to spam Super Potions to make it out of that one!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Furabulous, koffi~

This thread makes me want to try out the Furfrou and give it a whirl. We'll see what I have to say then; although I don't think I'll need to, as loads of people (in this thread) love the thing and use it often. I haven't had trouble fighting them, as I Special my way through them without noticing, huh. Weird, koff~

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    Is Furfrou really that good? @__@ im seriously gonna have to try this.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Is Furfrou really that good? @__@ im seriously gonna have to try this.

Furfrou has the ability Fur Coat, which halves all physical damage done to it. Basically, Furfrou is an epic Physical tank.

While it's nothing to write home about against Special-oriented Pokémon like Gardevoir, it can definitely make an Aggron put in some effort.

Back