• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOMESTUCK // SHENANIGANS [M] [IC]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
  • Josie: BEHOLD! The CHAINKIND!

Forged in the isolated mines of Zillyhau, the mysterious CHAINKIND makes its debut, golden pieces of jewelry reinforced with the elusive -OHSOSHINY!!!1- powers, lighter in weight, prettier to the eye. Their capacity to shine is one that has left people blind in the legends of old. It is the kind of weapon only a true damsel can possess, and one they must wield with pride. For it is a female's best friend. THE CHAINKIND ENTERS!

18KGP_B022_Crystal_18K_Platinum_plated_plating_platinum_Bracelet_nickel_free_Rhinestone_zicon_crystal_SWA_elements.jpg_200x200.jpg

CHAINKIND

Spoiler:

picture.php

??? ??? - ???

A beautiful symphony of death and destruction has been playing in the air for quite a while. A female figure of golden hair and big, round eyes the color of honey is standing from a balcony, white, beautiful console brackets that are joined by a series of plinths and balustrades of an equally shining shade. Her hands getting a solid grasp of the later as she processes what's going on. Meteors falling, cities burning, and then that game...

What does it mean? Is the world really coming to an end? Why now, and not 2012, that would've been so predictable, but this? There's no way one had foretold that outer space would spit on Earth's mouth until it is reduced to nothing!

And then that game... it said it had to connect to someone, SA, was it? But she's not a person with friends, so why just ask her to play with a total stranger?

A piece of ash is seen flying around, landing in her shoulder. Warm, yet not burning, and rather comforting as it embraces her shoulder. She wipes it away before it causes a burn, and turns a round, a look of decision on her face. If this is the last day of her life, then she must do something she hasn't done before...

Do the laundry.
    Oh, and also play that game.

With a fluttery noise and bouncing step, this girl and her dress, which makes her look like a mix between a maid and a Salem witch, and a hat that might as well just hide the look she's looking for, huge ribbons of all shapes and colors scattered around, make their way across a beautifully decorated living room, paints and statues and white walls and spinning chairs and whatnot, barely skimming thru the furniture of her home, until she reaches a couch, where a laptop with a Pesterchum window and a SBURB screen await to be utilized.

quantumQuack [QQ] began pestering sublimeArrhytmia[SA]

QQ: Hey stranger, I want to play a game.
    QQ: Huehuehue
    QQ: Actually no, I'm not a stalker serial killer sorta whatever thingy
    QQ: Unless you're a hot guy
    QQ: Or know a very, very hot guy who's single
    QQ: Or in a relationship
    QQ: Married even, haha!
    QQ: ...
    QQ: So yeah, I'm a apparently supposed to play this SUBURBZ game with you
    QQ: Or something
    QQ: And I guess I have to invade your house with weird machines so that you do...
    QQ: Machine thingies?
    QQ: Is there even a rule book for all this?!
    QQ: Anyways, lemme see... where to deploy potentially destructive objects...
    QQ: Hmm...

Scrolling across a list with three machines, and then gliding across a really fancy castle, she begins to ponder where to place this phernalia. The garden seems like a nice place, and then again, this girl won't probably have time to run all the way to her garden just to play with a machine. Assuming this was even real, it's obviously some really real NPC interaction via a chat client and... shut up. There ain't no way this is real, in fact, it's so not real that she can just do this:

QQ: I hope you like that garden of yours
    QQ: I placed an ALCHEMITER or whatever over there

That's right, she just did it, she stuck the Alchemiter in the garden, from a nice place where it will take a very, very long run to jiust get over there, or so she thinks, yes, she's sure of it. DON'T QUESTION HER SUDDEN CHANGES OF MOOD!!!1

BAM! Goes the TOTAL LATHE, TOTES LATHE or whatever as it strikes the concrete of the castle's hallways, next to a semi opened door with the a creepy woman face inside it. Yes, she's sure it's a creepy woman face, no, she doesn't know the fancy term for it. No, she's not american, can I continue her narration, please? Thank you.

And finally, the CRUXTRUDERIZER or something. She decides to make this NPC a favor and place it next to her bedroom, because it's obviously a very important device, don't you see, anyone could see it's important shape, and possible contents full of importantness. It's so obvious.

QQ: And there's also some LATHE maker in a hallway next to a creepy woman face
    QQ: And a very important device that looks important next to your bedroom
    QQ: I like your hair :3

And then she finally sat nicely, and by that I mean she laid all across the couch, patiently awaiting the obvious nPCs repl;y, with nothing in the world being able to distra--- Oh, look, a fly!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

JOSIE: reply

Spoiler:

Someone is pestering you, finally! You hurry back over to the computer, noticing a new red streak of fire in the sky over the countryside outside of your window. It's... Ryan?

theoretcialSilence [TS] began pestering sublimeArrhytmia [SA]
    TS: So, uh. Hello. And I'm guessing I have to say "good bye" as well.
    TS: Considering the world's ending and all that.
    TS: Actually... give me a moment.

SA: ryan! are there meteors where you are too?
    SA: I don't think we need to say goodbye. if everything goes well, we might enter a game session for real.
    SA: with our actual bodies.
    SA: divya did, I'm wathing her on my screen as we speak. she is in some other world.
    SA: maybe if we finish all steps, we can enter that land too.

You really Leon is okay. He hasn't replied back yet. You watch Divya on the screen. She is doing very okay, fighting imps together with Ruchi... Ruchisprite. A booming noise was heard outside. You haven't got much time left and have to strain yourself to breathe properly, because you are actually nervous.

Then, BROTHER screams in the corridor. "Josie, what is this!?"

You raise an eyebrow and walk up to the door. "What."

"There is a huge machine suddenly standing in the hallway! How did it get here?"

Your eyes widen and you swing the door open quickly. There stands BROTHER between the brown walls of the spacy corridor, next to a large white CRUXTRUDER. Leon must have connected at last! Without uttering a word of explanation to your BROTHER, you hurry back to the computer yet again. But SBURB doesn't mention Leon at all. Instead a client window is saying:

Connection with QQ established. QQ is now the server of SA.

"Who is QQ?" you think out loud. Did Leon change his handle?

"What is going on, Josie? Where did that come from?" BROTHER asks, having followed you into your room. You turn around and try to keep your mask of calm, but failing some. BROTHER notices. He walks up and puts his hands on your shoulders. You melt. "Please tell me. FATHER is crazy downstairs, I'm seriously getting afraid he'll kill us just to not let the meteors get to us or something."

You look deep into his eyes. "Okay. I am playing a game. It is not just a game, it's something more. If we play it right, I think it can get us away from here. Safe and sound. Teleporting, of sorts."

BROTHER nodded, confused and slowly. But then he inhaled with a determined look. "Whatever you say, sis. I believe you. Can I help with anything?"

You are incredibly relieved and want to just wrap your arms around him. But you don't, of course. "Yes. Force the lid off that machine's tube," you say and point towards the hallway. You mean the CRUXTRUDER, and he understands. He doesn't ask questions, he just disappears out from your room. Meanwhile, you sit down at your laptop and see that someone new has been pestering you for a while.

quantumQuack [QQ] began pestering sublimeArrhytmia [SA]
    QQ: Hey stranger, I want to play a game.
    QQ: Huehuehue
    QQ: Actually no, I'm not a stalker serial killer sorta whatever thingy
    QQ: Unless you're a hot guy
    QQ: Or know a very, very hot guy who's single
    QQ: Or in a relationship
    QQ: Married even, haha!
    QQ: ...
    QQ: So yeah, I'm a apparently supposed to play this SUBURBZ game with you
    QQ: Or something
    QQ: And I guess I have to invade your house with weird machines so that you do...
    QQ: Machine thingies?
    QQ: Is there even a rule book for all this?!
    QQ: Anyways, lemme see... where to deploy potentially destructive objects...
    QQ: Hmm...
    QQ: I hope you like that garden of yours
    QQ: I placed an ALCHEMITER or whatever over there
    QQ: And there's also some LATHE maker in a hallway next to a creepy woman face
    QQ: And a very important device that looks important next to your bedroom
    QQ: I like your hair :3

You just gape for a little while. She put the machines in the garden and... in the abandoned wing, if the creepy woman face was the COUNTESS BUST. There was really no other creepy woman in the castle, unless they had ghosts. But that would mean she had to run a long way to get the dowels for the ALCHEMITER! Oh man. Not cool.

SA: okay.
    SA: this is very strange.
    SA: where is leon?
    SA: and who are you?
    SA: but we'll take all that later.
    SA: for now... thanks I guess.

You hear a cracking sort of noise from the hallway. "BROTHER?" you call out.

"Josie, get over here," he replies, sort of faintly.

You hop off the chair and run out into the hallway. BROTHER has gotten the lid off the CRUXTRUDER and now you see...

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Divya Jhaveri - hellaawesomemode: [ON]_OFF

The ogre slams his fist down towards Divya, crushing the grass she had been standing on moments ago. Divya quickly recovered from her jump/dodge combo only to perfom another one, this time avoiding a wide swing from the ogre's left hand. Quickly, Divya jumped in towards the beast with a series of blazin' hot jabs that left burn marks on her foe's brownish skin. Ever cautious, Divya pulled back as quickly as she had initiated, keeping her distance as the ogre once again tried to turn her into a flapjack. This time, she jumped onto the ogre's hand as it pulled its limb back towards its body. The ogre, however, avoided a bad situation by shakingthe Indian girl off before she could capitolize on the advance. Divya hit the ground with an "Oof!" Her opponent was ready to try squishing her again, but an extremely convienient bullet hit him in the gut, stunning him momentarily. Divya rolled away and saw an orange ghost-thing fly off. Ruchi.

Divya stood up,and stopped herself from dusting off with her fire hands. The ogre was a couple paces away, but as menacing as ever. Divya tried to remember something from her kalaripayat that would help her, but all she could recall were grappling moves.

"You're lucky I don't have a gun or something!" She called up at the beast. Nonchalantly, the ogre responded with yet another ground-pound. Did these things have limited movesets or something?

"Divya...."

"Huh?"

"Divya, use the force."

"Ruchi!" Divya turned to see a giggling girl phaze through her house.

"Divya, just keep hitting it. Like really its not even a hard boss." Divya didn't have a comment for that. She just frowned and turned back to the monster. Just keep hitting it? Sure. She lunged, fists flying at the beats legs and, for the first time, it cried out in pain. Sudden;y,, and unexpectedly, it exploaded into a shower of grist. Divya fell, midswing, into the grass as the little chunks floated down to her.

"Oh, and, Divya darling," her friend said nonchalontly.

"WHAT."

"Ryan's trying to get a hold of you. Do try and be responsible to your duties as Server." She giggled again and flew off once more. Divya surpessed her rage as she gathered grist. Sometimes Ruchi was such a brat.

theoreticalSilence [TS] began pestering ardentVotary [AV]

TS: I'm guessing the world's ending over where you're at?
    TS: I seriously hope it's not Sburb... uh, never mind me.
    TS: Hopefully you still have some peanut butter to snack on before the world ends, eh?
    TS: Okay, so apparently your my server player for Sburb, which means you aren't clueless.
    TS: That's good.
    TS: You're probably really busy right now, but when you can, set this up for me, alright?
    TS: Yeah. I'll be waiting.

AV: Oh! Ryan, sorry!
    AV: I almost forgot you were in on this whole thing too, my mind has been a bit overloaded.
    AV: Hold on, I'll try and make sure you get in without a hitch, luckily Josie made things easier on me. I'll do likewise.
    AV: Machines down!

Divya went back to her friend's room and got onto Ruchi's laptop. She opened the sburb tab again, and became a server. After a few moments, she had connected to Ryan and had a view of his room.

She did the important thing first, deploy. She put the Alchemiter in the fairly large pink room, the Totem lathe flat against the hallway outside, and the Cruxtruder in the rather empty gray room, where it fits nicely. Divya exhaled slightly, this was pretty easy! Why can't she just do this all day?

Back