• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey Trees!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Like in Diamond & Pearl, there is an item called Honey that you'll be able to find within the game. You will first encounter this in the Floaroma Meadow after you save a man from a Galactic Grunt. He will give you 10 items of Honey to tide you over. From there, you can buy more Honey in amounts of 1s or 10s for 100 a piece. You can also obtain it with Pokйmon with the Honey Gather ability!
    Wurmple
    Combee Aipom
    Burmy
    Cherubi
    Heracross
    Munchlax - Random Based on SID
    Tell me wich pokemon you catch from honey trees!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It would be nice to find a Munchlax after a while, but that Pokemon just never appears on my radar. :-|

As of right now, I've only caught Aipoms, Combees, Burmies, and Cherubies.

Years
    Honey Trees, I hate them so much...
    The last time I used them was when I had to get a female Combee for the Scramble Challenge, and that's already some time ago since the challenge is dead by now....
    Whatever, why I hate them is because most of the time, Wurmple or something similarly useless spawns, and when looking for something specific (like Combee), rarer Pokemon like Hera or Aipom appear. Too bad there's no use for them at that time...

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've caught everything but Munchlax with Honey Trees, and I just decided to import a Snorlax from XD and breed it.

They're annoying because of the long wait to get results. It's easy to get wrapped up with something else in the game and forget to go back and check the tree. Especially before you get Fly. And Wurmple appears way too often.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've got, over D/Pt, with multiple playthroughs on Diamond:
    1 Cherubi
    2 female Combees

I use LeafGreen and Emerald for the others:
    Emerald-Aipom
    LeafGreen-Heracross from Pattern Bush or whatever it's called, Munchlax from the two Snorlaxes

FluffyShaymin

A fluffy lil Shaymin
    Years
    The Pokemon I have caught using a Honey Tree would be: Burmy, Cherubi, Aipom, and Combee. I hardly use Honey Trees any more beacuse they can get kinda annoying.

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
    None. My luck is the worst with them, i've never seemed to be there at the right time to see it shaking. I just traded for a Snorlax and bred for Munchlax ^_^

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I haven't done this in about a year, but I remember getting Burmies and even a Munchlax once. D:
    That Munchlax took many attempts, but it was worth it, even though I didn't use it much.

Really hate those honey trees, though. >_>

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I caught these pokemon using honey on trees:
    Aipom, Cherubi Combee and a muchlax.
    I know it may be hard to believe I caught a munchlax, but it was true. It took me a while though.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    The honey trees were dumb. All I ever caught were wurmples,Burmys Cherubis, Aipoms, and Combees. Never seen a heracross or Munchlax. I'd rather use the headbutt trees anyday.

Back