• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey trees

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The only Pokemon I'd want to use honey trees to capture would be Heracross... but looking at those odds on Bulbapedia - coupled with THAT wait time - means that searching for one would be a very fruitless endeavour. I admire the concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used them for the most part early on in the game, for Pokedex entries. Of course, doing so before getting Fly meant having to stay in the same general area until a Pokemon showed up at the tree. I probably spent the most time trying to get one of those elusive female Combee (which ended up being one of my Contest ringers as a Vespiquen). After getting all the Honey Tree Pokemon, though, there wasn't really any reason for me to keep using them.

MirandaxPikachu

Lovin' Pikachu since 1999.
    Years
    I always waited for them, I usually took my DS to my room at night, and slayed huney on them when I was about to sleep, so I could check them out the next morning, I always aimed for an Aipom, THEY ARE ADORABLE!
    And a Cherubi's, they where awesome! :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    HORRIBLE. I would really love to know what they were thinking when they thought Honey Trees were a good method of obtaining Pokemon. I would really just LOVE to know. Please.

Yeah, but you've got to admit that the concept behind it was good, but the way they executed it was far from that. I mean, I like the fact that it provided to be a unique way to catch uncommon pokemon, but the issues definitely outweight the benefits in this case unfortunately. I think if they brought it back -- that is, updated and without such a wait time, then I think it'd be a great little asset to any game.

Back