• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honeymaid's Sprite Showcase

Honeymaid

Game Design Student IRL
Years
  • Okie dokie day then, here are my best( in my opinion) sprites.

Oooh and comment please :)

Here's my first partner pokemon i ever made up, nicknamed, NIBBLES! FEAR HIM!

Shyn(pronounced Shine)
    Normal
    Crown Claw Pokemon
    This pokemon has an inexplicably flowating "crown" above it's head, it is said that those who befriend a Shyn can expect great things of themselves, at the cost of many trials and tribulations.

Here's my Evo of Lapras, Laprince.

Laprince
    Fin Ear Pokemon
    Laprince, the evolution of Laras, once thought to be nothing more than a rumor, has been brought to light, more ferocious when threatened, but still peace loving, an evolution said to be brought on by extreme danger.

Penchkry
    Water
    Joke Feather Pokemon
    Penchkry is a natural prankster, often leaving puddles of water or ice for people to slip on, only problem is, that once somebody slips, it feels bad and makes some ice for the bump that often results.

Pentrice
    Water/Flying
    Whale Feather Pokemon
    Pentrice, the evo of Penchkry, has given up it's strange waddle, in exchange for powerful fin-like wings, that can push itself as easily through water, as it does air.

Penlord
    Water/Flying
    Air Fin Pokemon
    Penlord is a peaceful giant, hunted to near extinction, is making a comeback as one of many trainers favorite pokemon.

Here is another one i Made up, the end of my grass starter line, but he can also function as a re-elemented tauros.

Movine(three different related meanings, Moo, Bovine, Vine)
    Grass/Fighting
    Grass Mane Pokemon
    Movine collects water through it's hooves. It's pads at the end of the stalks on it's head are often seeking out light, except when fighting, when they fold up to protect the delicate fronds.

Here's one of my faves, a species that has never been turned into a pokemon.

Cottail
    Frond Ear Pokemon
    Grass/Fire
    Cottails tracks can be determined by the charred ground around them. It never stops running for fear of catching fire to surrounding plantlife, it was thought to be a mirage, because of the rippling air around it.

Keracles
    Bug Baby pokemon(i'm assuming you can tell what this is...)

My Trainer card and badges i made up, pretty neat, neh?!

My First town

One of the fakemon i saw at a site into a sprite form, i call her Umi!

Last edited:

Honeymaid

Game Design Student IRL
    Years
  • ::blushes::
    Well they aren't that good, I just kept at them till I was satisfied they were good enough, I mean I'm sure that there are alot of people who are much better at this then me.

Well as towards how i made them, i just used photoshop zoomed in al the way using a 1 pixel pencil, and alot of work

Thank you very much for the comment :embarrass

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • The customs could use some major work in the anatomy area. The shading could use some work as well, especially on Cottail & Penchkry. I really like Shyn, although it looks a little too much like Meowth in my opinion. A couple of these are also quite easy to destinguish what sprites were used as bases, but then again, you never said these were all custom sprites, either, so I guess that is ok. Also, some of these could not be used because of the fact that they are a tad on the big side. :\ With all that said, the ideas are great, and I always enjoy checking out new FakeMon, as that is my area of specialty ;) Keep up the good work. :P

Honeymaid

Game Design Student IRL
    Years
  • Sorry if this sounds rude, i'm just really sensitive
    Well, I suppose it's all a matter of taste, as i've had Human and Animal Anatomy classes.

but thanks for the comment all the same :)

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Well, yeah...I should have specified there...the anatomy on Penchkry was mainly what I was referring to.

For Penchkry: The head looks a little back too far. That's not the major problem though. The fins/arms look a little odd shaped, and the other thing I can see is the feet could use some work. The claws seem to kind of just drop off the end of the foot straight down.

One other minor thing I forgot to point out is the outlining. Black outlining is generally discouraged. Instead, try using a darker shade of the main color used on the body. I think it really takes a sprite to the next level and makes it a lot more lifelike or realistic. Don't get me wrong, your stuff here is really good. Don't get discouraged by my comments. I'm just trying to point out some things that you can work on, because we all know no one is perfect. But you are leagues better than most custom spriters around here ;) Once again, keep it up!

Years
  • If you could, please give credit for some of the designs. I know for certain that the penguin/whale creatures are someone's non-pokemon monsters (they belong to Irene/Eerin of jurassicpeace.com), and I've seen a very similar thing to the grass rabbit pokemon before...

Onto the sprites themselves. Not bad...the main nitpick I have about them is about the outline on some of them, especially the Pen line. The black on there sticks out too much compared to the rest of the colored outline.

MasterMan

MasterMan Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2006
    very good job but u said u made them with ADOBE photoshop??

Honeymaid

Game Design Student IRL
    Years
  • Yep, those are irenes designs from Jurassic peace, i just did the sprites, i don't intend on using them in my fangame unless she gives credit, so no worries.

ANd yes, with Adobe, my fav industry tool :) EEE i love it!

Years
  • i like the first one very kawaii and the rest are kawaii too you must be new here by the look of the number of posts it says you just joined. want to be friends honeymaid?

Years
  • Aswell as this being your own thread. Please do not revive threads older than one month, and do not 'bump' them either. Create a new thread showcasing your work rather than bumping a very old one. So, this shall now be closed.

~Closed.

Back