• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoopa Officially Revealed!

Years
    I'm really excited about Hoopa. I have loved it since first seeing it. It's got a pretty cool design. Can't wait to snag one! Hopefully soon.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    To anyone still asking I'm pretty sure Archdjinn is pronounced 'ark-jin'. It was driving me crazy that no one responded. :psy copy:

I'm getting pretty pumped now that Hoopa is officially released, but like everyone else, PULEEEEEASE be a wifi event. 3XD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The fact that Hoopa's dex number is right after Diancie makes me want to ship those two due to their different facial expressions. I still need to know its base stats to see if it's overpowered or not.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I would get excited about this, but only after the method of distribution is announced. If it's a wi-fi event, yay, time to celebrate! If it's streetpass, the one-use code or some other method, then I'm simply going to look elsewhere whilst all the Hoopa hype calms down.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    *slow, underwhelming applause*

...I really don't care about Legendaries anymore, especially since Gen III when they started event pokemon

Now they just make completing the National PokéDex next to impossible

Hoopa really needs to stop leaving her rings scattered throughout Hoenn though, Pokémon keep tripping through them

Good luck to those that use her, I'll stick to my common Pokémon and treat Legendaries like the forces of nature they are and leave them alone

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    *slow, underwhelming applause*

...I really don't care about Legendaries anymore, especially since Gen III when they started event pokemon

Now they just make completing the National PokéDex next to impossible

Hoopa really needs to stop leaving her rings scattered throughout Hoenn though, Pokémon keep tripping through them

Good luck to those that use her, I'll stick to my common Pokémon and treat Legendaries like the forces of nature they are and leave them alone
    Her? Hoopa seems more like a dude IMO... (Especially since Hoopa Unbound has a beard.)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Her? Hoopa seems more like a dude IMO... (Especially since Hoopa Unbound has a beard.)

Honestly, I haven't seen Hoopa Unbound
    So. I'll probably headcanon them into two separate entities

Besides, female vikings and dwarves all magnificent flowing beards as well

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well Hoopa isn't a Viking or a dwarf but a Djinn (aka Genie).

@ Twilight Kun Uh, not sure if Mew had events in Gen I but I do know that Celebi had one in Gen II (think it was Jp only though...) so Gen III wasn't the start of event legends (it wasn't even that big in Gen III with only two exclusive to events, and with ORAS' regional dex in fact has only one exclusive to an event (Jirachi as one can get Deoxys in game, and one can also trade for the other Lati) like Gen I (Mew) and Gen II's (Celebi) and their remakes' regional dexes.

Unbound Hoopa seems a bit OP...one of it's weaknesses is bug but that is barely seen in higher tiers leaving Fairy as it's main weakness. Then comes that truly exclusive signature move it has...and it's stat boost...

Wonder what Volcanion would get...perhaps a Primal to fit the three major form changes in the series.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Unbound Hoopa seems a bit OP...one of it's weaknesses is bug but that is barely seen in higher tiers leaving Fairy as it's main weakness. Then comes that truly exclusive signature move it has...and it's stat boost...
    Doesn't Hoopa's dual typing give it a 4x weakness to Dark types, who are now becoming more common in the higher tiers thanks to few Fighting types and Knock Off's buff this gen?

Years
    Doesn't Hoopa's dual typing give it a 4x weakness to Dark types, who are now becoming more common in the higher tiers thanks to few Fighting types and Knock Off's buff this gen?

Hoopa unbound is Psychic/Dark so it got rid of it's 4x weaknesses to Dark and Ghost only to gain Fairy as a weakness. I would say it's a fair trade.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years

So Scolipede, Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, Pinsir, and now Mega Beedrill are hardly ever seen?

This thing would fall so hard to a Megahorn, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz, Adaptability-boosted U-Turn, or Pin Missile.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Honestly, I haven't seen Hoopa Unbound
    So. I'll probably headcanon them into two separate entities

Besides, female vikings and dwarves all magnificent flowing beards as well
    Even without his unbound form, Hoopa looks like a guy IMO. But, he does have that blush on him...

Years
    So Scolipede, Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, Pinsir, and now Mega Beedrill are hardly ever seen?

This thing would fall so hard to a Megahorn, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz, Adaptability-boosted U-Turn, or Pin Missile.
    Those are a few. In recent times I've only seen Scizor, Heracross, Pinsir, and Mega Beedrill used though, not as much Volcarona as in Gen V.

Can Hoopa learn any fire moves?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Hoopa and his Signature attack "Hyperspace Hole" can be traded to XY
    His Alternate form can also go to XY

However, Hoopa-Unbound's Signature attack "Hyperspace Furry" can't be traded to XY.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    His Alternate form can also go to XY

Where did you hear this?

In addition to what ORAS said above me, Hoopa Unbound itself is not in XY code either. I've tried trading it over myself and it said unable to trade or something like that, and when I tried trading Normal Hoopa, it traded just fine.

Back