• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hooray for my inability to sprite!

Years
  • Yay, I suck!

yes, as the name states, i have absolutely no skill at spriting fakemon, but here are some of my failures.

scratches
    hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!

splices

yanma, spinarak, catepie, butterfree, ampharos and beutifly

blastoise, quagsire, rhydon, lickitung, and nidoking

umbreon, espeon, strantler, eevee, abomasnow, and delibird

trainers

hooray for my inability to sprite!hooray for my inability to sprite!

if any of the images are blurry, click them.

Last edited:

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Actually, the ghost is pretty good... not a fail!

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • The splicemon are pretty well done.
    I would've geven Lickitung more of a neck, but whatever.

The psychic girl trainer is well done.
    The others.... not so much.
    Make the head easily morph to the body, so it doesn't look pasted on.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! <3 etc, etc.

Years
  • here are both of my entries in the july pixel art contest.

now, apperantly this sprite was mistaken an disqualified from the contest, and though it may be similar the the art it was confused with, this sprite was 100% scratch. unfortunately, i do not have and wip pictures saved, so i cannot prove that it was not a pixel over, so i had to do another.

here is my current entry. it is actually a sprite i had previusly wroked on, so i will have to change it.

Last edited:

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • To be honest, most of the are win. The ghost is especially great, and you can clearly see the texture. You splices are also clever and good. Keep it up!

~Prof. W.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    these are pretty good don't be so hard on your self

I agree, your really tough on yourself... Your sprites are actually really nice. Of course, you do need to fix some area's but, no one is perfect.
    I think your main weakness is anatomy with the Fakemon. I suggest that you use a base of a normal Pokemon for them.
    Also, I really love the Digglett animation; it's cute! :)

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
  • yes, as the name states, i have absolutely no skill at spriting fakemon, but here are some of my failures.

Hooray for my inability to sprite? You are way too underselling yourself.

*looks on 1st post*

these fakes aren't half bad! But as they say, there's still room for improvement. What I can advice you is to read spriting tutorials, 'cause you've got potential

as for the sprites, well the scratches are nice and the trainers are good!

Just keep practicing and you'll get better, in spriting that is :)

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Besides the pikachu and ditto their great. (P.S The ditto sucks cuz it looks like it started extreme dieting.)

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years

• hooray for my inability to sprite!

now, apperantly this sprite was mistaken an disqualified from the contest, and though it may be similar the the art it was confused with, this sprite was 100% scratch. unfortunately, i do not have and wip pictures saved, so i cannot prove that it was not a pixel over, so i had to do another.
    Sorry, but that's just a plain lie.
    It's a pixel over.

cipE

Breaking
    Years
  • I wouldn't call these bad, some of them are nice.
    Although I really dislike the first ones from scratch, except for that diglett.
    Which really looks like it was a real sprite from the game.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • meh, its scratched, but It could still use a bit of work. but I must say that it is better than the scratches in the first post. keep practicing ^_^

Back