• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hoothoot or Pidgey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I'm building my team in SS and I need a flying type...

Hoothoot or Pidgey?

Which one is better and why?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Hoothoot is SP. ATK; Pidgey is ATK. Hoothoot has one evolution; Pidgey has two. For Bird Pokemon, both have decent movepools.

It just depends on what kind of attacker you're missing for the team; Noctowl puts up a great Wall with Reflect.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    Tough decision, Hoot-Hoot has Hypnotise(spelling fail) but pidgey is stronger, faster and has a wider move pool and better evolution(s)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Hoothoot because Noctowl learns really good Psychic moves. :] Which is better than just Normal and Flying moves, like Pidgeot learns.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    I personally liked Pidgey better than Hoothoot. They're both great in their own rights. If you want more special attacks, go with Hoothoot and Noctowl. If you want more direct and quick attacks, go with Pidgey.

For me, Hoothoot only served as a hypnotise-er, but I later found out there was a better solution: Butterfree. With Compoundeyes, which gives him extra accuracy with moves, Sleep Powder, an improved Hypnotise, and good Speed, he's a surefire way to slam status effects on other Pokemon for capturing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    could anyone elaborate on an ideal moveset for noctowl? i was thinking of

Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Extrasensory
    Zen Headbutt

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I really can't just between the two, so i let fate decide if it's dark then i get Hoothoot, if it's morning then it's Pidgey

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
  • I trained both my HootHoot and Pidgey to their final evolution and both are lvl 40. I chose Pidgeot over Noctowl because my Pidgeot pwned my Noctowl in a battle. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Other than the thread getting a bit off-topic, this thread really isn't warranted anymore. I've trained both Pidgeot and Noctowl, and to me, I like them both. It really depends on what you choose to train and whether or not you need a Physical Attacking Pokémon or a Special Attacker - which was mentioned above in the earlier posts. Just go with which ever you choose as any will do perfectly fine in an in-game team.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back