• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hopes and Predictions for Music?

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
  • How do you feel about the music in Black/White? What soundtracks were memorable for you? What soundtracks do you want recycled or changed in B&W2? Discuss. ^^

For me, I only like the music in Route 10. I really like how some route soundtracks sound slightly different during each season. I REALLY want the legendary music changed in BW2. They were not up to snuff. I also find the rival battle music to be annoying.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I hope the music in BW2 sound like the ones I love from BW. There were only a few that had a sort of lullaby kind of sound to it. XD That's just my preference though.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'd love to hear new soundtracks in B2W2 as I always look forward to hearing new music in Pokémon games.

This.

Ugh, I can't really comment on what music I like since I've promised myself not to listen to any Black/White Version music (excluding anime renditions/pieces that are used for Best Wishes' background music, since it would be very hard to hear dialogue if I muted the TV to avoid the music) until I actually beat the game first. ;_;

I guess maybe Kyurem's new Formes could have new battle music (although Kyurem already has a theme from BW which IIRC is identical to Reshiram and Zekrom's battle themes with the exception of the instrumentation). If there's some type of Battle Frontier-ish place that incorporates the Battle Subway, maybe the new Frontier Brains could also receive new battle music.

An idea that's been floating in my head (primarily influenced from an Easter Egg in Golden Sun: The Lost Age) is that when the player visits Game Freak in the game, the Sound Designer lets you listen to all of the music tracks in the game (the ones from BW and B2W2, with beta tracks being included as a bonus, such as the RBY Champion remix), essentially functioning as a Sound Test.

To my knowledge, no Pokemon game (excluding the Super Smash Bros. series) has had a full-fledged Sound Test, with the closest thing in recent memory being the Pokegear's Pokemon Music Channel's Pokemon Past Archive program in HeartGold/SoulSilver, which apparently is only accessible on Sundays. Given how some music can be very hard to access in-game (such as Champion and Frontier Brain battle themes) and some music ends up being lost forever in-game (usually, legendary Pokemon music) unless you start a New Game, I think a Sound Test would be very convenient for us Pokemon-music audiophiles when on the go with the handheld (especially for those of us who carry around handheld consoles but don't own portable music players).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • If they do any new awesome tracks, I just hope a soundtrack comes out.

Given their track record, this ain't likely.

What do you mean? :cer_confused: Excluding Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions for some strange reason (where the closest equivalent is the GB Sounds tracks of HG/SS), Game Freak has produced soundtracks for each generation, paired versions and remakes alike. Even Pokemon Black and White Versions have their own soundtrack, Pokemon Black & White Super Music Collection.

If you mean soundtracks containing "third version"-exclusive music (with Emerald's Frontier Brain battle theme being one such example), then, yeah, I see where you're coming from...that's probably not likely, then. :x But most of the paired versions have had a soundtrack dedicated to them, and given the weird nature of B2W2, Game Freak might decide to make an exception, provided there are enough new tracks in the games to warrant another soundtrack release...

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years

• Supremely fabulous.

Haha.
    Anyway, I hope, if they bring Ghetsis back, that they change his music some. It was a bit dull in my opinion. I also didn't like the E4/Champion music, but I'll live with it if it gets brought back up in B2/W2.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked the music from the original B/W. In B2/W2, I think it'll stay mostly the same, except that Kyurem may get its own battle music (a la Giratina in Platinum).

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I liked the music from the original B/W. In B2/W2, I think it'll stay mostly the same, except that Kyurem may get its own battle music (a la Giratina in Platinum).

Yes, I agree.
    I could also see them adding some cutscene music, or possibly some slightly altered battle music, but that's about it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Oh, I know the major game releases had soundtracks. They're sitting on my bed shelves.

I just wonder if this game is "major" enough to have its own. If it's a new adventure in Unova, I hope they've at least redone a lot of the music.

Oh, I think I see what you mean. I hope B2W2 are "major" enough as well, although we would need a lot of new music present for this to be viable.
    I expect a soundtrack release for B2W2 if a lot of music has been redone...although, I think it would be kind of weird going through a region again that contained different music than what was present in the region's last appearance, which would be BW. The closest experience I've had to this was in Golden Sun: The Lost Age...the general "continent/world" was the same as its predecessor, but new portions of the "world" Weyard were visitable, and battle themes and overworld music changed (for most of the game, anyway). Even weirder, certain new places reused old overworld music. The location seen in the beginning of The Lost Age, Venus Lighthouse, used the exact same music as it had in the preceding game... :< I guess Kanto in GSC/HGSS is the closest Pokemon-related example where the region's music differs from what the region had as music during its last appearance in a game.

I liked the music from the original B/W. In B2/W2, I think it'll stay mostly the same, except that Kyurem may get its own battle music (a la Giratina in Platinum).

This, although it would be kind of strange, considering Kyurem's BW battle music uses the same tune as the battle themes of Reshiram and Zekrom. Giratina in Diamond/Pearl was different, because the battle theme it got was essentially "battle theme for generic legendary Pokemon", as I presume that Game Freak didn't want to indicate the relationship between Giratina and Dialga/Palkia just yet. Giratina receiving its own battle theme in Platinum seems like a different case, because Giratina never shared Dialga/Palkia's battle theme to begin with in DP.

Yes, I agree.
    I could also see them adding some cutscene music, or possibly some slightly altered battle music, but that's about it.

I'm expecting more cutscene music, if there's more of a story to be told in B2W2 to continue the plot from BW...

Lastly, I'm hoping that the following track makes it in B2W2 (maybe for a cameo Trainer battle by someone, or for new Frontier Brains?). If that's not possible, I hope it becomes an actual Pokemon battle theme in a future Pokemon game... Apparently, it's a custom-made composition (as in, made in the style of Pokemon game music but not an actual Pokemon game track) by Junichi Masuda and his group MTM. I found it in this thread long ago; see this blog posting and this article for more details; it's kind of confusing to properly explain. >.> I don't even know the proper name for it (and no, as far as I can tell at the moment, it is not a "leaked Generation 6 track" but was composed by Junichi Masuda; it was seemingly requested by Shoko Nakagawa/"Shokotan" on Pokemon Sunday some time ago, from what I can infer from the blog posting).

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Next to HeartGold and SoulSilver for nostalgia's sake, I personally think Black and White had the best soundtrack in the series. At this point I'm not exactly sure what their sequels will offer in terms of music, but if they're similar to the soundtracks of other third entries, then I'm expecting a couple of new catchy tunes.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • If they decide to use all new music I'd love for them to insert an item like the GB Sounds in HGSS (except like the DS Sounds). Route 10 and Castelia City are places with awesome music that I'd love to still be able to listen too. I still hope there is new music though, it gives me a chance to love more.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm betting they're going to remix most of the tracks. I agree with TwilightBlade though, the legendary battles didn't give me a FEELING. I'd also love if the champion battle was redid to sound more fierce. I mean if you compare Cynthia's to Alder's, it just has no place to compete. I guess my main dislike with BW's soundtrack is that most of the music that should sound fierce and you know, "make you feel like...this is it." it just isn't there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love all the music, but if anything the only thing that could be improved is N's farewell. There's another version on Youtube which I'm re-listening to right now. It's just amazing. :3 Other than that I think the music can only get better since it's almost perfect already. ;x

Back