• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hopes, Dreams, Discoveries, awesome opening scene!

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    When I first saw the opening theme I thought it was really weird because I didn't know anything about the plot... the crowning scene seemed so random. I love the first part now, but I still think the part with the words is sort of lame

Years
    The first part was amazing- gave hints that they really thought the story through this time around.
    The second part would have been good if they had just left out the words- it's always nice to show what you'll be doing in the game, but spelling out certain themes isn't necessary.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Like it?! I loved it! The cutscene was epic, the music was awesome, the second part... -_- WTF way to ruin it!

Its like this epic music with this kicka** video/slideshow going on, then suddenly its like someone changed the channel while you are watching TV and the show is right at the climax T_T .... Oh noes I hate cliff hangers >.<

Do you like that they took a brand new direction for the opening? Is it too long? Do you think this is an inidication as far as future games go and the direction they'll take?
    To be honest, I hope they do this again and again, only I hope they do it for the entire intro. 30 to 60 seconds would be epic, then fade to the title screen. Before anybody says that 60 seconds is too long, remember you can skip it if you want to.

Or does it seem too much like an advertisement, rather than an opening?
    The second part yes, drop it and extend the first part!

Nameless.

Do you like that they took a brand new direction for the opening? Is it too long? Do you think this is an indication as far as future games go and the direction they'll take?
    Oh I love the direction they took in the opening. The animation, the artwork, the 3D effects are all very eye-catching and lovely! The motion was a bit choppy in regards to how N was walking, but it still looked very attractive nevertheless. It gave a nice mysterious feel to the plot of the game and it was really nice to watch. As for the "Hopes, Dreams, Discoveries" opening, it was nice, but not as great as the intro to the plot of the game. I'll give my thoughts on that one below.

Or does it seem too much like an advertisement, rather than an opening?
    It felt like both really, but maybe a bit more like an advertisement than an opening. It just felt like one of those things you see on TV more than to open up a game you're about to play.
    Could've been without but it was alright I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I love the new opening, but it kinda spoils the fact that N is part of Team Plasma. I wouldn't know what the heck it was actually about if it hadn't included Ghetsis.

Back