• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    They probably didn't include it due to memory related issues - remember B/W has significant graphic improvements compared to previous versions.

Also I doubt that at this stage they'd have mapped all those new 150 pokemon sprites together outside of battles.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    This is probably the case. Throwing the feature in the third game is a good way to promote sales.

Yeah, my thoughts (and wishes) exactly.

It stinks that the feature *seems* not to be present because I absolutely loved it, but that would definitely make me buy the third installment of this games, specially after I felt fond of some of this new pokemon!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    itll be in the 3rd version, since as we know D/P where guinea pigs for the DS, B/W are guinea pigs for all these new features they probably took it out since B/W are test runs& once they see how well B/W run, the 3rd version will be fixed, updated& improved like they did with Platinum therefore "Grey" will probably have the feature reintroduced,& revamped along with everything in B&W along with a huge update (& trust me, NDS games dont take as much memory as you think)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    It seems more likely to me that they will bring it back in the remakes of RSE if they are some than the third version though...

I hope they do make RSE remakes. They were my second favorite, only to the original G/S/C (loved HG/SS too!). And it would seem to fit the pattern if Pokemon could follow you. Though who knows... for all we know, you might be able to do it after you "beat" the game. All the scans seem to be pre-E4 so there's still a chance! <--Thoug pretty random, that last idea XD.

Golden Heart

Rainbow Ho-Oh
    Years
    As much as I like it, I doubt it will come back. It seems to be an HGSS exclusive thing.
    Not to mention, there is going to be a lot of sprites because of the animations..

It can always return in any of the games that come after this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope they do make RSE remakes. They were my second favorite, only to the original G/S/C (loved HG/SS too!). And it would seem to fit the pattern if Pokemon could follow you. Though who knows... for all we know, you might be able to do it after you "beat" the game. All the scans seem to be pre-E4 so there's still a chance! <--Thoug pretty random, that last idea XD.
    After the E4 I used the feature less though, I also doubt they will do that anyways :(

Years
    Well i had an idea that certain pokemon could eveolve when you've walked around with them long enough. Imagine that, just walking around with your new Gen 5 pokemon and BAM evolution screen pops up and you get a new kick a$$ pokemon for your collection.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I'd like to be optional. In a similar fashion where you go through your party to choose a move such as 'Fly', there could be an option to follow. The benefit of having them follow you could be creating a closr bond and making the Pokemon happier.

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
    Well, from trailers that have been released, there has been no sign of it happening... but maybe you can turn it on and off... gawd I hope so.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I don't think the following feature will happen. If it will the images would have had the pokemon following the trainer, but they didn't which is a shame.

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
    Well it wouldn't be the first time they removed a nice little feature - Pokémon animations from Crystal were removed in RS, and the day/night cycle was completely absent from Generation 3. Neither of those absences went down too well with fans at all, so surely they wouldn't do it again? I can't imagine adding the feature into the games would be too difficult, but I also agree that having stuff like an undersized floating Wailord following you does kinda look daft. They should also make it so that you can ride stuff like Rapidash too on the overworld instead of just following you, just as a nice little feature :D .

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't think they will, I was bias toward it. I didn't hate it and I didn't love it :x

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    They probably planned it, but took it out due to the maximum memory on the game card (HG/SS used pretty much all of it's memory up on the following features sprites), the third version, however, will be on the 3DS and will hopefully include the follow feature, mainly because 3DS has 5 times more memory than the DS for the advanced 3D Graphics the system has, I know this because the GBA has more memory than the GB and GBC combined, and the DS has more memory than the GBA.....

.....Unless the executives screw it up and have no follow feature in the third game, no matter how much the fans will ask.....

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    It's HGSS specific, as a 10 year celebration. But it'll be back on 3DS for the R/S remakes to celebrate their 10th birthday in 2013.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It's HGSS specific, as a 10 year celebration. But it'll be back on 3DS for the R/S remakes to celebrate their 10th birthday in 2013.

i HIGHLY doubt that, considering firered,&leafgreen, that alone disproves your statement.
    but the fans are pains in the butts when we want something we will get it :cer_pissed: lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back