• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

ly like it too. But you never know, some people might have pposted plenty of complaints.

tons of people complained about a couple small lil things that were completely pointless:
    wailord not taking over the entire screen (completely idiotic IMO, if wailord was its real size,you couldnt play the game)

a small graphically glitch where it would seem to stand on certain things (i never encountered it on the ROM, and their super buggy,so i think its just pissing & moaning over nothing)

& how you couldnt walk backwards right away you had to press the button switch (OMG! its gonna kill you to hold down the button :cer_no: )

now the only good constructive complaints i saw were:
    it was limited to the 1st pokemon in your party where you couldnt choose just anyone in the party (is it really hard for nintendo to add an extra option in your party screen saying: "walk" & "return")

and the whole you couldnt choose to shut it off if you didnt want it (which would shut up all the pointless complaints instantly would it not?)

---------------

i personally loved the feature (sure ive only played on a horribly crappy ROM that glitched every 10minutes, and had horrible lag every 5minutes) i found it enjoyable, and i loved how my Golbat evolved into Crobat in no time
    also walking around with my Typhlosion was epic
    i didnt see any graphical errors, i found mini wailord adorable, & i always hold down the move button anyways so it didnt prove much of a problem to me
    i did find the whole limited to first slot annoying considering i just wanted quilava following during several parts :P but i lived with it :)

well thats my opinion on the follow me feature, i really hope it comes back :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    tons of people complained about a couple small lil things that were completely pointless:
    wailord not taking over the entire screen (completely idiotic IMO, if wailord was its real size,you couldnt play the game)

a small graphically glitch where it would seem to stand on certain things (i never encountered it on the ROM, and their super buggy,so i think its just pissing & moaning over nothing)

& how you couldnt walk backwards right away you had to press the button switch (OMG! its gonna kill you to hold down the button :cer_no: )

now the only good constructive complaints i saw were:
    it was limited to the 1st pokemon in your party where you couldnt choose just anyone in the party (is it really hard for nintendo to add an extra option in your party screen saying: "walk" & "return")

and the whole you couldnt choose to shut it off if you didnt want it (which would shut up all the pointless complaints instantly would it not?)

---------------

i personally loved the feature (sure ive only played on a horribly crappy ROM that glitched every 10minutes, and had horrible lag every 5minutes) i found it enjoyable, and i loved how my Golbat evolved into Crobat in no time
    also walking around with my Typhlosion was epic
    i didnt see any graphical errors, i found mini wailord adorable, & i always hold down the move button anyways so it didnt prove much of a problem to me
    i did find the whole limited to first slot annoying considering i just wanted quilava following during several parts :P but i lived with it :)

well thats my opinion on the follow me feature, i really hope it comes back :)
    Yeah i dont understand alll fo those complaints either. But who knows,m maybe they have added the option to turn of the pokemon follow you thing. and thats what theyve done on the pics theyve shown.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    it won't happen, not now not ever. I know why too. They need remake exclusive features right? the panoramas when entering a cave/forest/rocket place and now HGSS's following feature. It won't happen in Grey either, just like DPt didn't get panoramas.

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    Sadly, I don't think this would happen. Look at the pictures/videos of the game. Pokemon aren't following you. Shame, isn't it? :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    One complaint I had was when you ran over a ledge the pokemon would "unrealistically" dynamically leap over the ledge to catch up to you. Of course I'm using the term "unrealistic" loosely in a pokemon game.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of this feature since I thought it was pretty awesome and it didn't hinder the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Option

I doubt they will, I think It has actually been confirmed.

I didn't really like it that much anyway. They should make it a option if you want to are not.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I can see them making it an option in the thrid game as a gimmick to get people interested.

Its all about the monay

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I can see them making it an option in the thrid game as a gimmick to get people interested.

Its all about the monay

I thought the very same thing. And besides we'd have seen proof already if it was in BW, though an Amity Square-ish area is still a possibility

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
    I would really like it if they did, but I really don't think it's gonna happen. In the pics of gameplay and the trailer and such, it's just the trainer by himself. Unless there's an option to have your Pokemon out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I personally think that it's a feature that you can turn on and off in the games. We've seen already Chiramii and another pokemon running around in the daycare so its safe to assume that they will include the pokemon OW sprites. If they include the sprites for the day care I think it is very likely that the following feature will make a return.
    As to the reason why it hasn't been advertised, it was one of HGSS's key new features and a major selliong point for the games. BW will have a ton of new features to promote their game, it won't look good to say 'hey we still have that following feature'.

but yeah i'm not 100%, but I think it will be in BW more likely than not.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I want this feature to make a comeback in B/W. It's fun walking around with your lead Pokemon and seeing their reactions in their environment. If it does make a comeback, maybe it could have the additional option of choosing whether or not you walk with your Pokemon.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    i would like the feature of walking againg but hopefully pokemon would pick up more battle related items...
    and as platinumdude said, i would als olik eto choose whether or not i can walk with my pokemon.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Yeah i dont understand alll fo those complaints either. But who knows,m maybe they have added the option to turn of the pokemon follow you thing. and thats what theyve done on the pics theyve shown.

i agree :)

I personally think that it's a feature that you can turn on and off in the games. We've seen already Chiramii and another pokemon running around in the daycare so its safe to assume that they will include the pokemon OW sprites. If they include the sprites for the day care I think it is very likely that the following feature will make a return.
    As to the reason why it hasn't been advertised, it was one of HGSS's key new features and a major selliong point for the games. BW will have a ton of new features to promote their game, it won't look good to say 'hey we still have that following feature'.

but yeah i'm not 100%, but I think it will be in BW more likely than not.

i agree with this as well :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I practically fell in love with that feature. Maybe they made it an option now and they are keeping it hidden until the games are released. I cant see any reason why that feature wouldnt be included except that maybe there is already a whole bunch of stuff in the cartridge and they couldnt fit the walking feature in it

The Red Chain

I practically fell in love with that feature. Maybe they made it an option now and they are keeping it hidden until the games are released. I cant see any reason why that feature wouldn't be included except that maybe there is already a whole bunch of stuff in the cartridge and they couldn't fit the walking feature in it

Well HGSS having all 493 Pokemon able to follow you, including forms and shinies, was a sort of buying gimmick. They wanted to implement that to make it more likely for fans to buy it, due to curiosity and how cool the feature is. I can't see B&W having it, despite how much I'd love for it to make a return. B&W has enough new features, like full motion. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Well HGSS having all 493 Pokemon able to follow you, including forms and shinies, was a sort of buying gimmick. They wanted to implement that to make it more likely for fans to buy it, due to curiosity and how cool the feature is. I can't see B&W having it, despite how much I'd love for it to make a return. B&W has enough new features, like full motion. XD

Including some new features we have yet to see. o3o;

If it doesn't happen to come back and that was a just a HGSS feature, I would at least like to see something along the lines of it. Like back in DPPt, they had the Amity Square where you could take your pokémon for walks and be able to collect items from them. I would love for them to have something similar to that, but this time be able to carry any pokémon with you. Having only certain "cute" pokémon even excluded some of the cute pokémon which I didn't really fond much. :\

So if Black and White has something like this, I'd look forward to going wherever it takes place in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back