• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hosting Pokemon Video Game Tournaments?

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
    Years
    Hey PokeCommunity.

I live about 10 minutes away from a local hospital that's currently in its first phase of building its own cancer center. I know it probably is receiving a lot of funding, but I really want to help out. I can slightly relate, as my grandfather died of cancer when I was just a kid, and this kind of technology wasn't available, and I really want to help to make sure this technology is ready for people in the future.

I realize my city is pretty small (about 175000 people), and the likelihood of a great turnout is probably as small as the city, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience running tournaments. TCG, VGC - the principles are relatively the same, right?

My plan is to hold a monthly video game tournament. I essentially want to charge $10 - $15, with all profits going towards the cancer center. Along with tournament participation, friends and I are breeding some...hard to get (so to speak) Pokemon (ie- each generation starter, Eevee's, things of that nature) as giveaways, prizes, certificates, etc etc.

So where do I begin? How do I plan this all out to host it? If anyone here has hosted a tournament (local to widescale, any help is appreciated), I'd really appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

Back