• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hotel Mario!

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • Hotel Mario is actually a fun puzzle game. Mario and Luigi gotta find the princess by passing the 7 koopa hotels, she is stolen by Bowser.

what a cool game!

Only available in CD-i

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd bet on someone posting a YTP quote at some point here... but I'm going to give you a serious response, assuming that's what you're honestly after.

I heard it is actually quite entertaining overall, if a bit simple. The problem is the format — Phillips didn't sell many CD-is, and there'll be even fewer game copies. I don't doubt there are CD-i emulators, but it doesn't seem worthwhile enough anyway. Still, prove me wrong, I guess... Is closing all the doors across seven stages all there is to the gameplay, or what?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I'm more surprised that you have access to a CDi than anything.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I'd bet on someone posting a YTP quote at some point here... but I'm going to give you a serious response, assuming that's what you're honestly after.

I heard it is actually quite entertaining overall, if a bit simple. The problem is the format — Phillips didn't sell many CD-is, and there'll be even fewer game copies. I don't doubt there are CD-i emulators, but it doesn't seem worthwhile enough anyway. Still, prove me wrong, I guess... Is closing all the doors across seven stages all there is to the gameplay, or what?

I am not certain how to quote this.

And there are certainly emulators for it out there. It wouldn't be that hard to put one together and there are some people that genuinely liked these games when they put a blind eye to the horrendous cutscenes.

I couldn't get past the horrendous cutscenes, though.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • i don't have CD-i, just posting it. :P
    some people are coming here for Luigi's Spaghetti, Mario's No, Mario's Toaster Scene, or Bowser's Laugh, some of them come here for YouTube Poop.
    or some came here for Link:FoE, Morshu's MMM richer!

Back