• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Is it a shiny pidgey you have or is it because its afternoon? Wow I really love the idea of a newspaper stand. It would be cool if you have like a bunch of old people in a town far away from one of the newspaper stands and they will give you cool items or more money for bringing them newspapers everyday. You can even link some awesome events with the newspaper like knowing what day to actually go on an go on a boat from one city yo another. Thatl prevent people from beating the game in one day. Im just saying. These ARE ideas so dont hate people. Later

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    You can even link some awesome events with the newspaper like knowing what day to actually go on an go on a boat from one city yo another. Thatl prevent people from beating the game in one day. Im just saying. These ARE ideas so dont hate people. Later
    Those are pretty good ideas but people can re-set their date on PC and that should also re-set day in VBA so they will still be able to beat it in one day.

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    This game will have a battle frointer?or a battle tower?
    and if it will have two regions?

bladewarz

Starting post right now xD
    Years
    Oh boy another good founded hack! i hope it soon release! With all wishs i hope you will done it!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    (To nassos1992-)You can't download it yet, it isn't finished. Read what he said on the first page. (he did mention to not ask about that, since he would announce when it is available for download.)

What he does have up is amazing, though! i like the way you can choose your starter pokemon, the graphics, and the racing minigame plus newspaper. I love the story too. I can't wait until this is availabe for download! It's just amazing!

bladewarz

Years
    mew_nanni i fully agree this will be best hack i ever play! well if he will not quit... To creator i can tell to things: Keep going.

rhoval

Temporal Traveler
    Years
    you know this game is really awesome!
    and i agree this game is something to be waiting for~

and yet.....
    im still new to this whole thing.
    i still find hard to believe that this is still happening.

i know i shouldn't be asking this but...
    you know what would be good?
    if someone could buy a share from the nintendo company in the late 90's
    right about now you will be rich!

i tried it! but money is of no use to me... you can't the money from this era
    because of the differ...... you know what never mind!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    i know i shouldn't be asking this but...
    you know what would be good?
    if someone could buy a share from the nintendo company in the late 90's
    right about now you will be rich!

i tried it! but money is of no use to me... you can't the money from this era
    because of the differ...... you know what never mind!

You can never earn money from hacking Pokemon games.
    The reason is simple: It's supposed to be a hobby, not a job.

Thanks ^^ and well that's possible its a simple add ^^ but isn't the sound effect enough?
    -------------------------
    Mitchel1

Not really, because HG/SS has the earthquake effect in.
    And also, the earthquake effect can make the Player feel that you're
    really "shaking" the tree.

bladewarz

Years
    Is there are new news? i mean new updates? this will be awesome! (Yeah yeah i allways say that xD)

Kreto~

Spanish Hacker & Scripter
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    This is a good hack!
    Some palettes and tiles are very good.
    Well done =D
    Good bye =)

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish, yeah xD

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    We should call this a game not a hack. It looks incredible mitchel1. cant wait till it comes out

cspmoneymaker

OK ... Where is the latest beat ? I can't find it !!! :nervous:
    And how far does it go already ? ;)

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    There is no beta realesed yet
    We dont know how far it goes or when it realesed

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    OK ... Where is the latest beat ? I can't find it !!! :nervous:[...]

HE ALREADY SAID TO NOT ASK FOR BETAS OMG DUDE

Irritations aside, I must agree on this part:

[...]And how far does it go already ? ;)

This Hack is awesome. You are awesome. One question though, are you going to change the Giratina encounter Text to the one similar to Platinum Distortion World Giratina Encounter?

Storm Eater

My destruction is my creation
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Wow if I played this I`m gonna die because my life is complete when I play this hack I meant game.

Years
    Well, Mitchel it's been a while scince the last update.. I hope there will be some soon.
    I know you're busy with life & girls...LoL!! Anyway, good luck!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
    Is it a shiny pidgey you have or is it because its afternoon? Wow I really love the idea of a newspaper stand. It would be cool if you have like a bunch of old people in a town far away from one of the newspaper stands and they will give you cool items or more money for bringing them newspapers everyday. You can even link some awesome events with the newspaper like knowing what day to actually go on an go on a boat from one city yo another. Thatl prevent people from beating the game in one day. Im just saying. These ARE ideas so dont hate people. Later

Nah its not a shiny pidgey :P Its because of the afternoon effect indeed.
    About the news paper, thanks you're support it. About the effect from people that they will beat it in one day is impossible. Sure... You can cheat the time, but within my eyes, cheating is for a bunch of f*gs. Also cheating is abit useless xD Because every day there will be a random newspaper. Its just luck you'll need :P

About the events, thats true it could be possible that when you lucky and only got your first badge it says: "A special Wi-Fi event today and you need to travel to another far away city."
    apart from the Wi-Fi you also can trade POKéMON, receive speciale items and might it says a special area would be open.

Nope it needs movement as well. :P
    Anyway, the updates look really nice especially the battle backround. :)
    Good luck! :D

Thanks ^^ about the headbutt script... I update it with some extra features. Also I added the earthquake effect that you people wanted.

Those are pretty good ideas but people can re-set their date on PC and that should also re-set day in VBA so they will still be able to beat it in one day.

What I already told at sir.euge. Sure they can change the time/date but it would be a bit useless. Every day has a rondom newspaper and a checkflag.
    So they can't beat it within one day + you need to travel sometime far away to get it.

This game will have a battle frointer?or a battle tower?
    and if it will have two regions?

No, no, and yes :P

Oh boy another good founded hack! i hope it soon release! With all wishs i hope you will done it!

Well about the release I can't really give away alot. I only can say because of the many features it will have it will not goes that far. Alpha 1.0 only might have: 1 town, 1 route, 1 cave, 1 city, 1 forrest and the first gym. and ofcorse a couple side quests. After the first release it might will take not that much time for the upcomming releases.
    Because the graphics and advance scripts has took alot of time.

(To nassos1992-)You can't download it yet, it isn't finished. Read what he said on the first page. (he did mention to not ask about that, since he would announce when it is available for download.)

Thanks for replay that. ^^ I really get sick of those comments about beta's/alpah's xD (banner in sign tells that xD)

What he does have up is amazing, though! i like the way you can choose your starter pokemon, the graphics, and the racing minigame plus newspaper. I love the story too. I can't wait until this is availabe for download! It's just amazing!

Thanks ^^

mew_nanni i fully agree this will be best hack i ever play! well if he will not quit... To creator i can tell to things: Keep going.

Thanks ^^

You can never earn money from hacking Pokemon games.
    The reason is simple: It's supposed to be a hobby, not a job.

Not really, because HG/SS has the earthquake effect in.
    And also, the earthquake effect can make the Player feel that you're
    really "shaking" the tree.

True about the selling ^^ Might when its complete 100% I might will sell it for 50$... nah J/K xD

About the earthquake effect, I added it so don't worry =3
    This is a good hack!
    Some palettes and tiles are very good.
    Well done =D
    Good bye =)

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish, yeah xD

Thanks

We should call this a game not a hack. It looks incredible mitchel1. cant wait till it comes out

To make it sure it's still a hack xD

HE ALREADY SAID TO NOT ASK FOR BETAS OMG DUDE

Irritations aside, I must agree on this part:

This Hack is awesome. You are awesome. One question though, are you going to change the Giratina encounter Text to the one similar to Platinum Distortion World Giratina Encounter?

Thanks to annonce about the alpha ^^ About the giratina encounter, I'm that far yet xD might in the future it will.

Wow if I played this I`m gonna die because my life is complete when I play this hack I meant game.

Thanks, and its a hack not a game eh xD Just to be sure =3

Well, Mitchel it's been a while scince the last update.. I hope there will be some soon.
    I know you're busy with life & girls...LoL!! Anyway, good luck!

Thanks, and true about the last line xD
    Well here are some updates =3

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...:[/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Before I continue I must announce that I must wait untill metagross respond. You might will think: What? why!.. Well he still has (hopefull) the most recent version from DC: LoG
    and the version I use has now a glitch (because of the many tests I did, without a back-up ^^")
    Don't worry I got all tilesets/scripts/maps/blocks ect. saved also from the updates that will follow I made a back-up (scripts/maps/events/OW's)
    So to make it short it can easly be re-insert.
    But before I can continue metagross has to come online.
    I know metagross is bussy these days with his exams, I beleve. I wish him good luck.
    If you read this metagross... Thanks in advance. =3

Well... lets continue to the updates shall we. ^^

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
    Morris: Hero OW (using move OW)

[highlight]:...:screenshots:...:[/highlight]

Route 602 (new and improverd)
    (Only avaible at alpha 2.5)

Rival checks your POKéMON and battles with your weakness/region POKéMON (new!)

Choosing SQUIRTLE!

Choosing CHIMCHAR!

There are 10 diffult starters. So also 10 diffult POKéMON that the rival could choose.

Headbutt script (Improved!)
    Has now some new features added like for example: more random change, earthquake effect and OW edit.

[highlight]POLL[/highlight]
    Should I add rock climb in DC instead of Climb shoes?
    - Yes, rock climb is an exalent move and should be added, it also gives the feeling you do something.
    - Maybe, I don't see the differents between rock climb and Climb shoes.
    -No, climb shoes are way faster and don't take that much time that rock climb does.
    -You don't need to add both of them

Place your answer or most creative answer in the comment you'll place!
    That was all people. I know its not that great update you might expacted but oh, well it is an update ^^"
    It might will take awhile untill the next update will arive, it depends when metagross will come online and would re-send the rom.

*Damn long message xD*
    ----------------------------
    Mitchel1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back