• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
  • Hey astar you seem to respond to most post pretty quickly so I'll ask you. Is there's a way to patch the ROM on a Mac. I have a program that can apply IPS and UPS patches but it doesn't recognize the APS patch. Thanks in advance.

Even though I have a Mac, I have it bootcamped and tend to do all my Rom Hacking on the Windows partition. I have looked up your question and it seems that you can emulate .exe files (A-Ptch) using a tool called CrossOver. I hope that helps you out.

Bad patch, you can upload a perfect patch it?

I don't quite understand. Are you saying the patch doesn't work? If so, your wrong. It has worked for everyone else. Just follow the instructions in the FAQ section and it should work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    I said APS patch can not play, you can be a IPS patch it?
    I patched later he says "you are trying to patch is not valid. "

Last edited:

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • I said APS patch can not play, you can be a IPS patch it?
    I patched later he says "you are trying to patch is not valid. "

My Rom is expanded to 32MB to increase the amount of content. IPS patches only work up to 16MB meaning I had to use APS or UPS.
    Your problem would of been avoided if you read my FAQ on the first post.
    You need to expand your FireRed rom to 32MB using XSE before attempting to patch.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015
    Even though I have a Mac, I have it bootcamped and tend to do all my Rom Hacking on the Windows partition. I have looked up your question and it seems that you can emulate .exe files (A-Ptch) using a tool called CrossOver. I hope that helps you out.

I'll try that I also found winebottle which is supposed to do the same thing. I hope I can get it to work. If not then I'll have to dual boot this Mac as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Hack looks great! Haven't had a chance to play it yet because I can't seem to find a working .aps patching tool...I tried to download the one from Mew's Tools but one link didn't work and the other, when unzipped, just gave me an empty folder.

Again, it looks great, looking forward to playing it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    That's not a bad suggestion.
    I will have a mess around and find the best place to add some cut trees. :)

i have a suggestion on where to put the cut tree

look at the image i have attached it shows u what to remove and where to place the trees, tell me what u think, just a suggestion :)

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015

look at the image i have attached it shows u what to remove and where to place the trees, tell me what u think, just a suggestion :)
    I'm pretty sure he's already fixed it.

Anyways, I think I finished the Beta... I was wondering if the beta is over after the Team Rocket episode? Either way it was awesome! I was also wondering if you were going to add Pokemon from the new games? Or add some Fakemon?

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Says in A-Patch not a valid .aps file

Look in the FAQ on the first post, your solution is there.

Hartshill Path got remapped meaning it no longer needed Cut Trees. Thanks for the time you put into your image though. :)

I'm pretty sure he's already fixed it.

Anyways, I think I finished the Beta... I was wondering if the beta is over after the Team Rocket episode? Either way it was awesome! I was also wondering if you were going to add Pokemon from the new games? Or add some Fakemon?

There are no Fakemon, but there are a couple of 5th Gen knocking around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    Hack looks great! Haven't had a chance to play it yet because I can't seem to find a working .aps patching tool...I tried to download the one from Mew's Tools but one link didn't work and the other, when unzipped, just gave me an empty folder.

Again, it looks great, looking forward to playing it!
    This. McAfee keeps saying it's a trojan and then deleting it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    This. McAfee keeps saying it's a trojan and then deleting it.

Does it keep registering it as something like ARTEMIS? If so, it is McAfee. You can either A) Contact McAfee and tell them this file is not a Trojan or B) Temporarily disable McAfee. Option B would most likely be quicker and more effective.

66hunter66

Itrainespeons. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    hm.... the story seems amazing, and the OW maps look awesome too... but im not sure if i got a bad rom or if this has already been talked about but theres lots of random messups with the sprite pics so far. the rivals picture doesnt appear in battle, and the pictures of the pokemon in the pokeballs on Cedar's desk are messed up completely. Please tell me the rom is messed up because it kind of bugs me.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • hm.... the story seems amazing, and the OW maps look awesome too... but im not sure if i got a bad rom or if this has already been talked about but theres lots of random messups with the sprite pics so far. the rivals picture doesnt appear in battle, and the pictures of the pokemon in the pokeballs on Cedar's desk are messed up completely. Please tell me the rom is messed up because it kind of bugs me.

This is most certainly a messed up rom. Try and get your rom from elsewhere.

News:

As I told you a while ago, I have be working on a Pokémon Black and White Guide for the iPhone. Well it was released on the store yesterday, so anybody that is interested, take a look.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pokemon-black-and-white-guide/id418963249?mt=8

Seeming the above is off topic, best bring it back to hacking. I would like to thank everybody that voted for me in HotM. Now the iPhone application is out of the way, Grey shall continue. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Your hack looks good
    I hope you continue to ...
    but I think it would be better
    with other tiles

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    Damn, I can't play this rom. I love psychological stories ( let me guess, the sister apears back in the story? )

and yes, I used XSE to increase the rom size and tried both E and U versions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    Incredible!

Astar_1, even if i heard about your game only today i already wanted to play the complete version.

Now i'm downloading the first beta version and i will tell you my definitive opinion after.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    What the hell?!

I cant patch fire red and i cant play your game, what's going on?

XSE dont work and A-ptch says (when i try to patch) "the file you are trying to patch is not a valid one"...

Can you make an IPS patch instead of an APS patch please? Because an IPS patch is very easy to use compared to the patch you've maked...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    I have resolved my difficulties. you do indeed nee dthe (U) ROM, but I had to download a new copy for some reason

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    I cant patch fire red and i cant play your game, what's going on?

XSE dont work and A-ptch says (when i try to patch) "the file you are trying to patch is not a valid one"...

Can you make an IPS patch instead of an APS patch please? Because an IPS patch is very easy to use compared to the patch you've maked...
    If you read the FAQ on the first post, he says that the reason why the patch might fail is if it is used on the wrong region ROM. He also explains why you need APS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back