• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    Well I have 2 glitches:
    There is a great ball lying around in pokemon tower, if you catch marowak, the game acts as if you beat it.

There is a tile on the floor that the ghost marowak was in the original game that has the level 30 ghost marowak script still on it. This only works before you fight the level 11 live marowak

Also, if you cheat and get to the warp in the 1st map, you can still go all the way through the maps the way you went in the original fire red, to get back to the story.

Also, is Silver (the rival from g/s/c and the son of Giovanni) in the game? I would like to see Silver defeat a few rockets, then eventually find out that Giovanni's his dad.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Well I have 2 glitches:
    There is a great ball lying around in pokemon tower, if you catch marowak, the game acts as if you beat it.

Already been addressed, that Great Ball will be removed. Incidentally, the game also acts like you beat the Marowak if you run away from it, and I'll be fixing the script on that point, too. When I first made the script, I wasn't able to implement a solution.

There is a tile on the floor that the ghost marowak was in the original game that has the level 30 ghost marowak script still on it. This only works before you fight the level 11 live marowak

Yes, I wanted to test the level 11 Marowak's flags and vars, so I left that tile there to make sure that after the battle, the level 11 Marowak script set the same vars that turned the level 30 Marowak script off. I go upstairs, I beat the Marowak, I go downstairs and step on that tile, if nothing happens my script worked. I forgot to move the script tile somewhere you couldn't walk when I released the alpha.

Also, if you cheat and get to the warp in the 1st map, you can still go all the way through the maps the way you went in the original fire red, to get back to the story.

Well... duh. This is an alpha. The first alpha. I've made events in Saffron City and Lavender Town. There is a reason you need a cheat to get to that warp: it's because you're not supposed to get to that warp. What exactly did you expect to be outside the borders of the alpha, the Distortion World? The rest of the ToxicPurple? Hey, if I had the rest of ToxicPurple finished, it would totally be released by now, believe me.

Also, is Silver (the rival from g/s/c and the son of Giovanni) in the game? I would like to see Silver defeat a few rockets, then eventually find out that Giovanni's his dad.

Yes, G/S/C Silver is in the game and is Giovanni's son, and no, beyond his family relations he isn't like manga Silver. ToxicPurple Silver is first met in Celadon City, where he's a brat whose father gives him a lot of goodies for free and who will sell you Poké Balls for $500, little con artist. He becomes anti-Rocket (as he is in G/S/C) after his father gives up leadership of Team Rocket and vanishes. Silver already knows that his dad is the former Boss Rocket; being abandoned by his dad has kinda left a bad taste in his mouth over the Team, not to mention turned him into a cold-hearted bully.

Anti Hero

Bagel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Personally i think this hack is WIN, but i hate the fact that you start with ratatta, for osme reaosn..I just don;t like him lol, they show up EVRYWHERE, but the rom is dha bomb! and story line is well put together, and the objectives. Great rom hack, and nice effort

~An-Hero™

Yes, G/S/C Silver is in the game and is Giovanni's son, and no, beyond his family relations he isn't like manga Silver. ToxicPurple Silver is first met in Celadon City, where he's a brat whose father gives him a lot of goodies for free and who will sell you Poké Balls for $500, little con artist. He becomes anti-Rocket (as he is in G/S/C) after his father gives up leadership of Team Rocket and vanishes. Silver already knows that his dad is the former Boss Rocket; being abandoned by his dad has kinda left a bad taste in his mouth over the Team, not to mention turned him into a cold-hearted bully.

I find that highly interesting!

ckret2

Years
    Personally i think this hack is WIN, but i hate the fact that you start with ratatta, for osme reaosn..I just don;t like him lol, they show up EVRYWHERE, but the rom is dha bomb! and story line is well put together, and the objectives. Great rom hack, and nice effort

Thanks, glad you like. :D And yeah, sorry about the Rattata, no one really likes it. (Well, a few people do. I admire them, willing to reach out to and love all Pokémon, including Rattata. Not exactly a Rockety attitude, but not all Rockets have to be cold-blooded, I suppose.) The Rattata isn't supposed to be likeable, it's supposed to encourage new Grunts to go out and steal stuff. Like you do in the first five minutes of the game. Success!

Anti Hero

Bagel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Thanks, glad you like. And yeah, sorry about the Rattata, no one really likes it. (Well, a few people do. I admire them, willing to reach out to and love all Pokémon, including Rattata. Not exactly a Rockety attitude, but not all Rockets have to be cold-blooded, I suppose.) The Rattata isn't supposed to be likeable, it's supposed to encourage new Grunts to go out and steal stuff. Like you do in the first five minutes of the game. Success!

Lol, well speaking of stealing, my school friend told me about this rom hack where you see someone's bike and just steal it, then you battle them for it lol. Well my question is, what are the requirements to be a beta tester?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Thanks, suggestions are appreciated. :D

Sorry the ghosts are so annoying. BTW, the one Channeler on the bottom floor with a Gastly will have her Pokémon changed to something else. Something a Rattata can attack. That way, on your way to the top of Pokémon Tower, the only Ghost-types you'll have to deal with are wild, so you can run from them if you don't want to and/or can't fight. (Luckily, Rattata has a 50% chance of having Run Away. So that'll make it easy to run.) On your way back down, you'll get to start catching other Pokémon.

I don't want to have two Pokémon steals so early so close to each other (Diana and that Nerd), and most of the ones you can steal will be really rare ones. Otherwise it'll start to look like you can steal Pokémon from every third Trainer, which kinda destroys the challenge of it.

You'll get to start stealing more Pokémon starting in Rock Tunnel, which is the next area that'll be opened up in the second alpha. When it gets done.

Yeah, I understand. Would ruin the game. But that's cool if we get more steals in the second Alpha :D. And if you do change that pokemon you'll be a lifesaver, only my second pokemon can hit it and it's only level 5 :(. LOL. Did you know that ghastly's move doesn't affect Rattata, and Rattata doesn't effect it. I'm stuck in a never ending loop.

Thanks, glad you like. :D And yeah, sorry about the Rattata, no one really likes it. (Well, a few people do. I admire them, willing to reach out to and love all Pokémon, including Rattata. Not exactly a Rockety attitude, but not all Rockets have to be cold-blooded, I suppose.) The Rattata isn't supposed to be likeable, it's supposed to encourage new Grunts to go out and steal stuff. Like you do in the first five minutes of the game. Success!
    I like Raticate's :o

Edit:I went up the stairs in the tower and all I got is a cloudy room. Is that meant to happen? I went up the stairs after actually managing to beat the ghost pokemon with my chosen pokemon and then this happens. Bug? Or is level like this?
    (I would show you a picture but I need 15 posts :/, I'll edit this with picture after I get my 15 posts :D)

Last edited:

DarkPhantomX

Buggy Black Knight
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Well I figured out the best thing to do in the game is when you get the first great ball catch a Zubat, Astonish is super effictive on ghastly making it easy to level, plus the level thirty ghost marowack can't even hurt it. I beat it with a level eight Zubut which was funny.

Also whats the deal with Cubone, mine is level seven and only knows growl and tailwhip from what I remember of the old games boneclub was level seven. Nevermind it finally learned it at level 9, but still leveling it up 6 levels with the switch out gets dull.

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
    lol isnt everyone who plays it a tester?

Yep, pretty much. ToxicPurple doesn't have any official beta testers at this point. When I make a new script I test it out myself, and I'll be trusting you guys playing the alpha to tell me when there's problems.

Yeah, I understand. Would ruin the game. But that's cool if we get more steals in the second Alpha :D. And if you do change that pokemon you'll be a lifesaver, only my second pokemon can hit it and it's only level 5 :(. LOL. Did you know that ghastly's move doesn't affect Rattata, and Rattata doesn't effect it. I'm stuck in a never ending loop.

Uh, yeah, I'd say that after having played Pokémon for nearly nine years, I learned long ago that Ghost moves don't affect Normal-types and vice versa. :P That's one of the main reasons I gave all those Channelers non-Ghost-type Pokémon, with the exception of that one Channeler at the beginning that I just flubbed on. (I only took the time to beat it once, for the sake of checking flags, and I only did that because my Vulpix was lucky enough to burn it before it fainted. XD So yeah, I've had the same problems with that Channeler.) It will most definitely be changed by the next alpha.

Edit:I went up the stairs in the tower and all I got is a cloudy room. Is that meant to happen? I went up the stairs after actually managing to beat the ghost pokemon with my chosen pokemon and then this happens. Bug? Or is level like this?
    (I would show you a picture but I need 15 posts :/, I'll edit this with picture after I get my 15 posts :D)

The ghost Pokémon on the next-to-top floor, you mean? You realize you're not supposed to beat that ghost Pokémon, right? As I've mentioned before, the fact that there's a tile downstairs that lets you battle it isn't supposed to be part of the game. Yes, beating the one downstairs will cause problems, because it's not supposed to be there. From your description, it sounds like beating that Marowak makes it impossible to battle the Marowak upstairs, and I might check the scripts later to confirm this.

That means beating the ghost Marowak instead of the level 11 Marowak makes it impossible to trigger the flags that let you progress in the game, meaning you'll neither be able to get a Machete nor be able to get that first promotion, with the end result that you will never be able to get out of Saffron City and Lavender Town. Congrats! If you saved your file after beating the ghost Marowak, and that Marowak upstairs is gone, then you're gonna have to restart the game, sorry. Add "battling the ghost Marowak" to the list of game-breaking errors, alongside "beating Sabrina in her gym" and "beating the fighting dojo." None of which are things I'd recommend attempting with a level 5 rat anyway.

Well I figured out the best thing to do in the game is when you get the first great ball catch a Zubat, Astonish is super effictive on ghastly making it easy to level, plus the level thirty ghost marowack can't even hurt it. I beat it with a level eight Zubut which was funny.

By "the first great ball" do you mean one one the floor in Pokémon Tower? Because any loose Poké Balls in Pokémon Tower are going to be replaced in later alphas by something else. You won't be able to catch any wild Pokémon before getting ten Great Balls from Admin Bonnie. And like I just explained, beating that ghost Marowak will break the game due to mis-triggered flags. If you saved, you'll have to restart your game if you want to make any more progress.

Also whats the deal with Cubone, mine is level seven and only knows growl and tailwhip from what I remember of the old games boneclub was level seven. Nevermind it finally learned it at level 9, but still leveling it up 6 levels with the switch out gets dull.

What do you mean, what's the deal? :P It's not my fault; I haven't made any changes to Cubone's moveset. Observe, Bulbapedia. In Gen III, Cubone learns Bone Club at level 9. And in Gen II, Cubone learns Bone Club at level 9. The only two generations where Cubone DOESN'T learn Bone Club at level 9 are Gen I and Gen IV. In Gen I, it knows Bone Club automatically--but since it's impossible to catch a Cubone under level 16 in Gen I, and since the only way to get a Cubone at a lower level is to get an egg-hatched one from Gen II which won't know Bone Club automatically, the actual lowest level you can have a Cubone with Bone Club (without using cheats) is to hatch one in Gen II, level it up to 9 so it learns Bone Club, and trade it to Gen I, unless both of its parents know Bone Club, in which case it'll know it when it hatches at level 5. But that's a heck of a lot of work for one move. :P So, Cubone never learned Bone Club at level 7 until Gen IV, when they did change his moveset. A level 7 Bone Club was never part of the "old games."

(Since that is a little annoying, and since Cubone is available so early in the game, maybe I'll change its moveset so that it learns Pound or something automatically. That's very low on the list of priorities, though.)

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Lol, I never fought a Marowak xD.
    The first channeler with the ghastly was the one I beat with my vulpix. Went up the stairs and then all I got was a grey cloudy room. My Rattata was level 12 btw ;)

ckret2

Years
    Lol, I never fought a Marowak xD.
    The first channeler with the ghastly was the one I beat with my vulpix. Went up the stairs and then all I got was a grey cloudy room. My Rattata was level 12 btw ;)

Huh... Define "gray cloudy room". Did it look like the regular Pokémon Tower room, but empty? Or was there no room, just a blank screen, plus the regular Pokémon Tower fog? If it was a regular Pokémon Tower room but empty, could you get up to the next floor, or go back down to the floor you came on? Did the game freeze, or just dump you in the gray cloudy room?

I've never gotten a "gray cloudy room" and haven't heard that anyone else has. Try restarting the game and going up again, and let me know if you get the same problem again. If you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take screenshots, to post when you get your 15 posts.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Characters were visible, and I managed to go downstairs (because I remembered where they were :p). I have a picture.
    http:*//tinypic.com/m/2lw3mo/4
    (Remove the *)

ckret2

Years
    Characters were visible, and I managed to go downstairs (because I remembered where they were :p). I have a picture.
    (Remove the *)

Huh... that's really weird. Dunno what to say about it, since no one else has said they've had this problem. Did you try to go up the stairs again after you went downstairs, to see if the problem stays the same? And did you try navigating around the characters to see if it's possible to get up the stairs on the other side? (The floor should be laid out the same as that floor in the original FR/LG games, if you want to look at that map to help navigate. Heh, it's like trying to get through a cave without using Flash.) Can't think of anything to say about it for now, but if anything else happens--or if anyone else has a similar problem--please let me know.

in the begin of lavendar tower u can get an great ball u shoukld remove that because of that i could catch the marowak

You haven't been reading the rest of this thread, have you? :P That point has been brought up multiple times already, I've said multiple times that no Great Balls (or any Balls) should be available prior to defeating the Marowak, and I've also said multiple times that the very Great Ball you mentioned will be removed in all later versions of the game. Heck, I even mentioned it in this page, five posts above your posts.

But, thanks for pointing it out anyway. The Great Ball has been removed.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Huh... that's really weird. Dunno what to say about it, since no one else has said they've had this problem. Did you try to go up the stairs again after you went downstairs, to see if the problem stays the same? And did you try navigating around the characters to see if it's possible to get up the stairs on the other side? (The floor should be laid out the same as that floor in the original FR/LG games, if you want to look at that map to help navigate. Heh, it's like trying to get through a cave without using Flash.) Can't think of anything to say about it for now, but if anything else happens--or if anyone else has a similar problem--please let me know.
    I went down then up but it's still the same. It was fun from the beginning though :D

ckret2

Years
    I went down then up but it's still the same. It was fun from the beginning though :D

Really weird... thanks for letting me know about that. Since no one else has reported a similar problem, maybe there was something different about the FireRed rom you patched the alpha onto? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyway, if it's possible for you to fumble around in the dark until you get to the other side, I suppose you can just pretend the lights went out on that floor and otherwise treat it the same. :P I hope it doesn't otherwise affect playability, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    (Remove the *)

I can think of three things that might be causing ths

1. your using an old version of VBA if this is your problem, get the most recent one it will be fixed.

2. You patched to a bad rom, if this is it try a different rom

3. You are usin the wrong save switch to automatic and flash 128k

1 is the most likely, but i would test 3 first

On Topic of the Hack, I absolutely love this, i can't wait to steal more pokemon. This exactly what I want to see from a Rocket hack, the events that were going on as red was getting badges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back