• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I didn't want to read 10+ pages of comments so I'm just going to post this:

Things that "raised flags" to me from playing the current release:

1- Mr. Psychic still gives the TM. Seems a little bit early to be getting such a strong TM to me.
    2- Biker + Eevee?
    3- The high amount of Status Changing + Healing (Seems a little rough to have so much of this in the beginning with no marts and having to go to base to heal...)

Oh and P.Gas and Potion is really annoying, but that's just me lol

Good Luck again, can't wait for the finished product to be released.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019

1- Mr. Psychic still gives the TM. Seems a little bit early to be getting such a strong TM to me.
    2- Biker + Eevee?
    3- The high amount of Status Changing + Healing (Seems a little rough to have so much of this in the beginning with no marts and having to go to base to heal...)

All of those things have been pointed out before and will
    be fixed in the next release

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    That's the problem with these long threads, it's so hard to tell what's been covered already unless you want to read all... 29 pages. To respond to your points:

It is. I meant to seal him off, actually, until later. If you saved after getting the TM, you probably want to restart the game (sorry!) because you'll be able to steal a Pokémon from him later on that won't be obtainable anywhere else in the game. If you've already got the TM, though, then the flag that says you've talked to him has already been set, so you won't be able to get that Pokémon later. So, I'd recommend restarting.

The same goes for if you decided to go battle the Fighting Dojo and/or Sabrina's Gym, because those locations technically aren't blocked off. If you beat the Fighting Dojo you block off a special event later on, and if you beat Sabrina's Gym, then you've triggered a flag that's essential to game play, which means that it'll be impossible for you to progress in the game once that flag's triggered.

2- Biker + Eevee?

There's a logical explanation for that guy; it just isn't very good. After doing the math and assuming that the happiness level of foe Pokémon will automatically be the happiness level that the Pokémon would have if it were caught in the wild (in other words, 70), then that Eevee's Frustration is really, really nasty. It'll be given less powerful moves and less heal items later on.

(As for the fact that the Biker even has an Eevee, it's not much of a stretch. Bikers specialize in poison and Fire-types, so he could have gotten it with plans to evolve it into Flareon. :P I'm trying not to be tied down by the boring, done-a-million-times movesets you usually see in trainers' Pokémon.)

Yeah, I'm going to do less healing items. Only "major" opponents should have them now. I should point out, though, that even if there aren't any marts, there IS a vending machine in the base. Vending machine heal items are actually a lot better than normal heal items, anyway. Fresh Water and Super Potion both heal 50 HP, but the former is $200 and the latter is $700. There's also another heal place. If you talk to the guard in the east gate of Saffron, he'll heal your Pokémon for you. I don't think anyone's noticed him yet, though... XD Plus that healing pad in Pokémon Tower, but you have to get there before you can use it, of course.

They are annoying, heh. Like I said, I'll be reducing the number of heal items for Trainers that aren't part of "big" battles. Glad you like it so far, despite its flaws.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    Probably one of the best romhacks i've played. Really good story and everything's super. :D

But i guess the alpha-version of this ends after you get the Big Machete? Or else i do not know what do to, to get further in the game. I've talked to all the NPC's in Saffron & Lavendel. I even tried to battle in the Fighting Dojo and the Saffron Gym. ^_^

But yeah, keep up the good work. Hope the next alpha comes out soon. :D

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Probably one of the best romhacks i've played. Really good story and everything's super. :D

But i guess the alpha-version of this ends after you get the Big Machete? Or else i do not know what do to, to get further in the game. I've talked to all the NPC's in Saffron & Lavendel. I even tried to battle in the Fighting Dojo and the Saffron Gym. ^_^

But yeah, keep up the good work. Hope the next alpha comes out soon. :D

That's where it ends, after you get the Big Machete.

And, by the way, if you beat the Dojo or the Gym and then saved the game, you'll have to restart the game eventually. The same goes for the Psychic TM guy. The flags triggered by those events are going to be the same flags that trigger bigger events later on, which means that if you trigger them now, you won't be able to do the bigger events once they've been scripted. Particularly with the Gym; if you beat Sabrina, eventually it will become IMPOSSIBLE to continue the game.

In the next alpha, you won't be able to do those events, so it won't be a problem then.

Anyway, glad you like it so far.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    That's the problem with these long threads, it's so hard to tell what's been covered already unless you want to read all... 29 pages.

Hmm.. I've got an idea. Why not make a sort of FAQ for the first post? You could encase it in a spoiler if it becomes too big, but you can answer all of the common questions through that. Like, "does the beta end when I get the machete?" and "Mr. Psychic still gives TM29.."

Maybe it'll help just a little bit.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Hmm.. I've got an idea. Why not make a sort of FAQ for the first post? You could encase it in a spoiler if it becomes too big, but you can answer all of the common questions through that. Like, "does the beta end when I get the machete?" and "Mr. Psychic still gives TM29.."

Great idea, Atlus!
    That would decrease the number of Nooby Posts.

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
    Lol I used the walk through walls code and started the real game. :P fun

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    But those "newbie posts" do keep this thread on the first page almost always :)

lol true
    makes it easy for me to find. me l a z y
    oh yea and i must mention... theres a great ball in the tower i used to catch me a marowak!! is that gonna be fixed for the next beta?? ;)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    oh yea and i must mention... theres a great ball in the tower i used to catch me a marowak!! is that gonna be fixed for the next beta?? ;)

Yes. And that's why we need a FAQ up front. :]

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years

How did I not think of that?! :o
    GREAT IDEA! :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    Sorry if I sound like a newb, but how do I download this to my Ipod Touch if it isn't a GBA file?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    is this a hack of pokemon fire red? because it isnt working for me...

..yes, as stated in the first post. :/

What exactly did you do? Did you actually use a FireRed rom, and not just try to play the patch in VBA?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back