• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    i love this hack, it is simply amazing, and rattata as a starter, im gonna keep it, why? cause i always keep my starter, im gonna keep my elemental starter as well (poliwag) and probably gonna catch one more pokemon for my main team, and let the rest be stolen or rare pokemon that i switch out

can't wait for the next release

p.s. i caught the marowak YES!! level 11 beast

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    I love this hack so far. The character sprites are awesome and the dialogue is very amusing. Much better than anything Nintendo would make if they had actually made this game.

A couple things i noticed...
    1) Mr. Psychic still gives the TM - I like this, but i wasn't sure if you were aware of it.
    2) Maybe there could be another opportunity to get a 3rd pkmn before the tower or maybe to get a potion because if the elemental starter ever faints vs ghost, you basically go into an endless battle 'till "Struggle" b/c Normal doesn't effect the ghost and ghost doesn't effect normal :/... If you do have it in there, my bad :)
    3) I really like the storyline :D Keep up the good work

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    2) Maybe there could be another opportunity to get a 3rd pkmn before the tower or maybe to get a potion because if the elemental starter ever faints vs ghost, you basically go into an endless battle 'till "Struggle" b/c Normal doesn't effect the ghost and ghost doesn't effect normal :/... If you do have it in there, my bad :)

Agreed. I had to go through that battle twice before I actually realized I had to train. (Pssh.. who doesn't mindlessly press buttons?)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Agreed... (Pssh.. who doesn't mindlessly press buttons?)

yeah, seriously! haha
    oh i forgot to mention that no HMs is brilliant.
    But will they be avaliable in TMs? cuz i like Surf. its a moderately powerful water move with a good amount of PP. but if you don't want it in, i can adjust ^_^

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I love this hack so far. The character sprites are awesome and the dialogue is very amusing. Much better than anything Nintendo would make if they had actually made this game.

A couple things i noticed...
    1) Mr. Psychic still gives the TM - I like this, but i wasn't sure if you were aware of it.
    3) I really like the storyline :D Keep up the good work

1) Yep, I'm aware of that. I haven't gotten around to rescripting the event. He's ultimately going to do something different.
    2) I changed the Pokémon that the first trainer has, so it's not a Ghost-type anymore. That way, even if your elemental starter faints, your Rattata will be able to fight it.
    3) Thanks. :D Glad you like so far!

Agreed. I had to go through that battle twice before I actually realized I had to train. (Pssh.. who doesn't mindlessly press buttons?)

The only time I stop mindlessly pressing buttons is when I get asked if I want to delete a move to learn a new move?

That's why almost all my Pokémon know only attack moves and no defensive moves. Easier button-pressing.

yeah, seriously! haha
    oh i forgot to mention that no HMs is brilliant.
    But will they be avaliable in TMs? cuz i like Surf. its a moderately powerful water move with a good amount of PP. but if you don't want it in, i can adjust ^_^

I think some of the HMs will still be available. However, it'll be impossible to get the HMs before the Key Item is obtained. So, like, for Surf, you'd need the raft to even get to the place where you get Surf, and that eliminates the danger of accidentally getting the ability to Surf on your Pokémon before you're supposd to be able to.

I'll probably provide Surf and might provide Strength, and after that maybe Waterfall.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    i love this hack, it is simply amazing, and rattata as a starter, im gonna keep it, why? cause i always keep my starter, im gonna keep my elemental starter as well (poliwag) and probably gonna catch one more pokemon for my main team, and let the rest be stolen or rare pokemon that i switch out

can't wait for the next release

p.s. i caught the marowak YES!! level 11 beast

Just tryin' to tell you that the next release
    won't have Marowak or esle the story doesn't make sense.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    even though the raft will act as a surf hm can you please include the actual surf hm as well? it is my favorite water move in the gave since it has 95 power (2nd only to hydro pump) and surf has 100% accuracy and 15pp, hydro pump is only 80% with 5pp. in pokemon crystal every water pokemon i had learned surf lol xD

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    Hey C. I started playing the alpha, and I must say it's one of the most fun hacks I've played so far. Thanks for your hard work and effort. :)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I do not know if anyone has said this yet but too many pages to look through
    [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

The words overlap here

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    If you looked like three posts up, you'd find your answer here already.

man im really really sorry for that, please forgive me lol

p.s. you have done a great job ckret on this project and everyone thinks so i think you should like make a website for it or advertise somehow lol but maybe not because eventually you will get a hack of the month/year/all time award so that would be great publicity lol. i know i spread the word but too bad most of my friends have grown out of pokemon hah

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    The words overlap here

yeah i noticed that too. i thought it was just my rom being stupid b/c my rom can do weird things like put a green bar in the middle of the screen while trading cpu lol.
    that could probably use fixing. =)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    SO far might be my first post but this is the most enjoyable rom i played out of them all. Keep it up man cant WAIT for the finish.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    This still looks really good. I haven't actually downloaded the Alpha or anything because I never did before, but I'll do it sometime.
    I will when it's finished for sure though.

A few pages back you said you didn't want Staryu and Exeggcute as both are Psychic so why not switch Staryu for Shellder?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

The words overlap here

yeah i noticed that too. i thought it was just my rom being stupid b/c my rom can do weird things like put a green bar in the middle of the screen while trading cpu lol.
    that could probably use fixing. =)

Eh? That doesn't happen to me...

ckret2

Years

The words overlap here

Yeah, I noticed that problem after the alpha was released. It's been fixed now and the problem won't be present in future versions.

ckret2

Years
    New features, from the next alpha!

Double-posting, for great justice. It's legal if I'm sharing new features. Which I am.

Some screenshots from some new scripts in the upcoming alpha:

Spoiler:

This is just so you know I am, indeed, working. And believe me, the promotion battle script and the police hostage script were beasts to write. I can't just be normal and have the boss battles sit in one place for you to calmly walk up to and challenge, can I...? But that would be a gym battle.

Just FYI, this battle is probably going to be the last time you have the luxury of battling fellow Rockets if you want a promotion. Henceforth, promotions will be earned through stolen goods, poached Pokémon, and battles with various Trainers that probably want to arrest you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back