• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Meh...

So I was just stopping by the forums and would like to get some things straight.
    Ckret is female. I'm sure a she wouldn't like to be called "He".
    The hack is in a unofficial death. Don't expect a new update in a while.
    Do not, for any reason you may have, beat the gym or the Dojo, or you'll miss out on a Reeeeeally rare pokemon, and will not be able to progress in some places.
    So yeah, I think thats everything.
    Um...but...yeah, rainbow, I REEEEEEALLY dout thats true. if it is, it doesn't matter, ckret can't hear you XD
    And there is no BETA....Yeah...just play the alpha

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    WOW NICE HACK I LOVE THE SCRIPTS AND ALL THE HARD WORK/TIME PUT INTO IT. I PLAYED THE GAME AND LOVED IT!

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I don't think so. The maker hasn't been online for some time.

I think the maker was online recently....
    her mood changed from lonley to rash
    so pherhaps were in luck and the hack is complete and she'll come out present the hack all guns blazing

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I am back, and boy, do I have a story to tell you. See, I was on a cruise to the Philippines, when suddenly Godzilla bit a chunk out of the side and our ship got stranded on a tiny desert island. We had to repair the 50-foot hole with two rolls of duct tape and a box of unmatched sandals...

No, actually, I've just been on hiatus. Between a very busy summer and a very busy start to college, I haven't had much time to work on the hack. It isn't dead, though. It's far from dead. It has just been put aside for a while, and hopefully I'll find some time to work on it some more, now.

First of all, here's my to-do list for the next alpha:

Already finished:
    -- the promotion battle has been written
    -- the script to keep you from battling Sabrina has been written
    -- the hostage situation with Jenny has been written
    -- Rock Tunnel has been completely remapped, including an interesting new area for you to explore.
    -- nearly all of the trainers in Rock Tunnel have been edited. (It might be all of them, actually; I'll have to check my notes.)
    -- the wild Pokémon in Rock Tunnel have been edited
    -- the Great Ball in Pokémon Tower has been changed
    -- all other items in Pokémon Tower and the Rock Tunnel have been changed as well
    -- that annoying trainer on the first floor of Pokémon Tower with the Ghastly has had her Pokémon changed to a Normal-type.
    -- the Marowak has been rescripted so that the only way to beat it is by... well... beating it, not running from it or catching it. (Catching it is impossible now anyway.)
    -- the trainers with really ridiculous Pokémon (like the level 7 Muk, or the Frustration Eevee) have been fixed to be a little less ridiculous
    -- the first steal script has been written, meaning I now have a template I can use for all OTHER steal scripts, so they shall be quite easy.
    Still need to be done:
    -- make it so you can't battle the fighting dojo
    -- make it so you can't get the Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic.
    -- run-through the Rock Tunnel and debug it, in case of any random weirdness.
    -- edit the trainers on Route 10
    -- make a temporary roadblock just east of the Route 10 Pokémon Center so that I can release the next alpha
    Optional for this alpha:
    -- implement the first homeowners fights
    -- make a better roadblock below Lavender Town than that stupid gate
    -- fix the images in the game intro, as well as the backsprites of the player.
    -- make new scripts for the N, W, and S Saffron guards.

Now, I've got about ten pages worth of comments to reply to. Here we go.

As far as the difficult trainers goes it works with the concept because in my personal experience rocket grunts are weak and useless. Therefore, if the trainers are far more powerful than you, it would still work storyline wise

Yeah, that was one of the ideas behind the difficult trainers. Most Grunts in the game can be beat up pretty easily, so I wanted to show that same thing from the opposite perspective. :P That's the same reason you get a Rattata at the beginning, lame as it is.

I'm not sure if this is already implemented in the stealing process, but I would like to see unique info on Pokemon that you steal from trainers, such as the OT being the person you stole it from, where it was caught, ect.

That's something I'd like to do, but so far, my scripting skills don't quite allow me to do that. Perhaps I'll be able to implement that at some point in the future. We'll have to see.

I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist writing a little piece on this for the gaming site I'm part of.
    (I can't post the link here, <15 posts, but if you have a search for MOREtotheGAME you'll be able to find us :))

Thanks for the review! I appreciate it. :D

By the way, Ckret, this may be a dumb thing to ask, but do you need any help with... plot development?
    It's what I'm best at (I haven't been scripting long enough to be any help there, and though I can map, I'm definitely not what you'd call 'proficient').
    Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I hope I'm not spamming your thread or anything...

Thanks for offering, but at this point I don't really need help with plot development. I've already got a few people helping on that, heh. I'll keep you in mind if I do, though.

im pritty sure ckret is a girl =P

You are correct, sir. Thank you. XD

@Ckret: You should make some new held items for Team Rocket that make your Pokemon dislike you, but also make their stats grow faster, or improve their performance in battle, etcetera.

Those would be awesome items. Unfortunately, scripting them would be rather challenging... If I ever figure out a way to make them, though, that sounds like a good idea.

This hack looks amazing just from what I've seen and read of it! I only wonder...when it comes to the 'stealing Pokemon' part, when it's time to come across Legendaries, will you be taking them from the Trainers, or will it be like in the Anime, where Team Rocket clashes with the Trainers for it, using some super high-tech machinery?

It depends on the legendary. Some of them, you'll be catching in the wild; some of them you'll have to steal from other trainers; some of them (or at least one of them) you'll have to battle several times before you can catch it... Nearly all of the legendaries will have some sort of mini-plot attached to them, so catching them will be more interesting than randomly-run-around-dungeon-mazes-until-you-find-a-legendary-sitting-there. I doubt you'll get to pilot big fancy machines, though. Hopefully the plots will be interesting enough that you won't need mecha.

You already steal from trainers but on scripted events only.
    I think he already said in the next beta we'll be able to battle house owners and steal pkm from every trainer.

The next beta, you'll be able to steal from at least one more trainer (it depends on how far I get), and I might get around to doing house owners. But you won't be able to steal from every single trainer. That'd make the game way too easy.

I wonder what Ckret is up to. Someone said she's taking a college course? It's been a while since she posted here.
    Something really cool that Ckret could do with the game is possibly insert some Team Rocket Mechs into some of the extra Pokemon slots. Granted, it would be awkward to send one out from a PokeBall, but it would be cool if you could be assigned a giant mechanical destructo-thingy for certain missions.

I'm not just taking a course: I'm *in* college, freshman year. :P It's taking rather a lot of my time. (Right now, I'm supposed to be working on a project that's due in three days...)

Yeah, as cool as mechs would be, having them fill up Pokémon slots would be both awkward and a little illogical. I'm probably going to stick with the various HM items as far as the fancy Team Rocket equipment goes.

luigi-guy;4937449[edit said:
    : Jhoto will be in this, right? Great! I just read a thread and It got me thinking...What if silver really IS part of team rocket? They're ya go, that'll add more storyline to it...

XD According to HeartGold/SoulSilver, Silver is Giovanni's son; something that had been speculated a long time, and something I'd already planned on including in the hack. (This means I'm going to have to play HG/SS to get the exact canon details on that, but hey, I was going to play it anyway.)

Ugh..when I read that get that free TM will block off a achievement I made a new save but skipped all the unimportant bits with cheet codes...unfortunatly now I have unlimited pokeballs and rare candies... I guess it was a bad idea, huh?

Well, so far I don't think there's anything in the game that'll refuse to let you progress if you have unlimited Poké Balls and Rare Candies... What "unimportant bits" did you skip, though? If it's the stuff at the beginning, like meeting Bonnie and battling the Psychic and such, that all triggers flags that'll be used later in the game. So try to be careful with the skipping.

Played the alpha but was disappointed in not able to steal that bikers pokemon so I will start the game again if you going to make all of the trainers that weren't stealable in the alpha steal-able in the beta

I'm not going to make *every* trainer stealable, you don't need to start over. Any trainers that you can't steal from yet, you won't be able to steal from later.

@Ckret, do you think you'll include any sort of encounter with another criminal organization? Like Team Magma, Team Aqua, etcetera?

There'll be an encounter with some kids who think they're in Magma/Aqua in Viridian, and there will probably be at least some references to Team Galactic during the Johto arc. Beyond that, I'd like to do more references to other criminal organizations, but have no plans for exactly how to work them in yet.

Will the secret rocket warehouse being included?

From Sevii Islands? I don't think so. It'll be referenced, but I don't have plans for the player to go there at this point. (One reason for that is that the maps that are currently being used for the Sevii Islands are going to be gotten rid of to make room for Johto.)

[EDIT 2] Possible to upgrade the raft through promotions? There is some underwater mechs here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket%27s_mechas

That'd be nice, but that'd be really tricky to do, given the sprites in the game. The raft is going to replace the Surfing Pokémon overworld sprite, so to change that sprite in the middle of the game would be awkward. And even if I did that, the raft would function the same way, so it'd only be a cosmetic change.

Also, I realize that I am a nobody on these forums at this point, and I accept that I will be until I have made some posts, however I would like to extend to you the offer of any help that you may need for your game.
    -- I do not have many skills when it comes to Hacking these Roms YET, however I am in School for Programming, and am Always looking for things to tinker with in my spare time. ( I Currently Work the Overnight Shift at my Job, and spend 8 Hours being the ONLY Person in the Building, and spend most of my Time playing through games, and reading. I have access to a personal computer, and would love to help with any and all needs for this game --

Thank you, I appreciate the offer! Right now I'm pretty much working on this solo with a little help on the side, but I'll let you know if/when I need some more people to help with the hack.

Beating the Firered/Leafgreen good guys should make you take over the whole of the kanto. HEEHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :)

As fun as that would be, I'm afraid that won't be happening. I'm trying to follow the plots of R/B/Y/FR/LG and G/S/C/HG/SS, and Team Rocket doesn't exactly take over Kanto between Gen I/III and Gen II/IV.

But just because I'm following the original plots doesn't mean Team Rocket won't be up to quite a few "behind the scenes" activities that the protagonists of the original games never see...

1. The male trainer sprite: why green? Kinda creeps me out.
    2. Good plot line. I like it. If only GameFreak would figure this out.
    3. Stealing Pokemon that early. If you're going get a Ratatta anyway, why steal so early?

1. You mean the green hair? Because I wanted him to be a weirdo. Plus, besides the palette that I used for the female trainer (which is mainly gray/red), the one that was green/purple was one of the few others that'd look all right on a Rocket.
    2. Thank you. XD I wish they'd figure it out too.
    3. Because you're Team Rocket and it's your job to steal Pokémon. The whole reason you got a Rattata was so that you would (a) have a Pokémon to help you steal more, and (b) have a Pokémon so boring you'd WANT to steal more.

Maybe you can trade Pokemon you steal/catch to the grunt who's in charge of stocking the game corner:
    Five Pokemon and you get a level five Abra, twenty, you get a level twenty Lapras , thirty, ETC....

The one in red looks like midmae from robotech..... good job!
    maybe you could post a tutorial?

Hmm, an interesting idea... How would you carry twenty/thirty Pokémon in your party to give to the Grunt, though? :P But you'll definitely be able to get Pokémon from the Game Corner much more easily than most other trainers, however that method works out. Employee discount, after all.

What kind of tutorial do you think I should post? Scripting, spriting...? Or do you mean a walk-through for the game?

Go to the simple question thread/How to patch roms in the rom hacking board to find out 'why toxic purple isn't working'

Feature coming out in the next release:
    Battle Jessie and James.
    Take (Rookie)Officer Jenny hostage.
    Go through The new redesigned rock tunnel (No flash required)
    Go through Moon Mountain (M.t. moon) And Diglet tunnel (Not comfirmed, though very likely)

Do NOT get Mr. Psychic's TM, Beat the gym or the dojo. If you do you'll have to make a new file.
    The second Marowak WILL be removed from the game and so will all pokeballs until you defeat Marowak (To prevent you from catching it)

Thats Pretty much the whole thread in a single post.
    Oh...I almost forgot! There will be a new item called:
    Spoiler:

This will be used to make pokemon only able to evolve through trade evolve without trading.
    It will be for sale later on in the game.

Thank you very much for the summary. Maybe I should just copy/paste this into the first post... XD

I don't know if this has been said before, but don't include the Escape Rope in pokemon tower... i used it to escape and never got my machette and great balls, untill i was wondering around the alpha and stumbled on it.

I don't remember that being said yet. I might change the Escape Rope to something else (unless I already have, I'll have to check), but including it doesn't actually interfere with any of the flags, so I might just leave it for now. It won't mess up the game, it just means that you'll have to go back into the tower to continue the game. :P

Hm....Well Clyde hasn't been shown so far...(His sprite might have but I can't remember) And Bonnie tells you to go back to base for the battle to get your promotion...So that wouldn't really work...And I don't see why she WOULDN'T want you to rank up, since, well...your TR. It could go like this "Bonnie:Go back to the base to battle for your next promoti- wait a sec *Gets out phone* Are you sure? Ok *puts phone away* Well, they say the've got a special surpise back at base" So, you go back to base. "Bonnie: Oh, the surpise? I hope your pokemon have full heath!" *Battle with bonnie bigins*

Nope, Clyde hasn't been shown yet.

And I like that idea! I might not use the exact situation, but a sudden battle like that would be fun. I'll take it under consideration.

this hack is the only reason for me to visit PC. if Ckret has....abandoned us... gulp... i might lose hope soon... :S

this game has so much promise too so so many great ideas

I'm still here!! I've just been busy. And will remain busy for quite a while... But I haven't abandoned my hack, don't worry.

Q: Can I get another pokemon instead of "oddy"?
    A: Yes, you can get "Oddy" (Oddish), "Poly" (Poliwag) and "Vulpy" (Vulpix) When she asks if you want a oddish say no, And she ask you if you want the poliwag, ect.

Q: I've got to "Vulpy" but I've decided I want Oddy/Poly, How do I get them.
    A: When you get to "vulpy" say no, And she'll tell you the pokemon again.

Thank you for those points; I might put that on the first post, since I've seen that first question come up at least one other time...

Amazing hack so far. Is there ever going to be a time to nickname/rename Pokemon? I was rather sad when I didn't get to name my little Rattata. I'ma hide in my fail-box now XDD

XD Yeah, there's still the Name Rater. But thanks for pointing that out, since it isn't immediately obvious.

There should be an option TO do something like replace it with one of the Mimic Girls Pokedolls and take the Marowak for yourself. XD

I played it about a day or two ago for the first time and I have to say I really love it. Its challenging and I have a big interests on how this is going to work. Fighting people and then taking their Pokemon after you beat them. Plus Team Rocket Hacks are nothing new but they just never have that "feel" to it. I like the challenge that you have to go through How the game is out to get you.

But after you get the great balls that kind of falls out of place because it will get easier with time.

I like what you are doing but in order to keep the challenge up I think for some of your missions working your way up from grunt their should be a restriction on how many Pokemon you can take on the mission itself and not just leave it out to judge for the player.

Like say for instance... If you could, one of your missions your partner steals your pokemon and you have to chase him down and get them back with other trainers blocking your way. Just a little area out of the way of the game.

Getting the Great Balls is actually kind of a way to make up for the fact that those will be the last Poké Balls you'll be getting for quite a while. Yeah, you can catch Pokémon for now; but it doesn't get a whole lot "easier" in that regard. Especially since you'll really have to pick and choose what you use those Great Balls on.

Having restrictions on the number of Pokémon you can take would be really difficult to work into the scripting of the game, and logically wouldn't make a lot of sense, because why would Team Rocket want to make things harder for their own members? Still... There could be some events where that could be used, such as if they want you to take less Pokémon because they'll know that you have to steal several at once, or because they want you to transport certain Pokémon from Point A to Point B. However, most of the game, it'll be up to you to decide how many Pokémon you keep in your party.

I'm definitely going to try to keep the game challenging, though, in a variety of different ways.

Just finished playing the alpha, and I loved it!
    I just have a few problems.
    A) Why does your rival look green-skinned?
    B) can't you make it so that it's something other than rattata, coz at it's current rate, you'll have problems with the Ghost tower (Something like Poochyena or Houndour) I know it's part of your story to have a pathetic Rattata.
    C) Erm... Isn't a machete a bit violent?

A) Usually, the rival is supposed to have blue hair with brown skin. Sometimes the graphics glitch a little and he looks brown haired with green skin; however, the only time this happens to me is during the intro where you have to choose a name for your rival, and in the game itself he looks normal. Does he look green-skinned to you in-game, or only during the intro?
    B) Sorry, but I'm sticking with Rattata. Getting to steal a Pokémon immediately after that should help make it less annoying in Pokémon Tower, though. And I'm changing the Tower so that, on the way up, you won't have to battle a single Trainer with a Ghost Pokémon. On the way down, you'll have Great Balls so you'll be able to catch more Pokémon to use against trainers with Ghost-types, if you want.
    C) Yes, yes it is! Welcome to Team Rocket. :D In the official games, it says that Team Rocket killed that Marowak. Having a machete (which you mainly use to Cut plants) isn't so much more violent than the original games, especially since the Marowak murder happens off-screen and the machete isn't dripping blood or anything. In any case, this is a Rocket game. Presumably, the people playing it don't want to be goodie-goodies who happen to wear black turtlenecks, they'd like to do some notorious things.

One thing get's me about the pokemon you steal... You're team rocket, why don't you just steal them all? :P

Because if you could steal ALL of them, that'd make the game way too easy, since every time you battled a trainer you'd get at least one new Pokémon. Besides, it'd be foolish for Team Rocket to risk getting arrested to snatch some kid's Pidgey. When they steal a trainer's Pokémon, it'll be because that trainer's already been defeated, there isn't anyone nearby who'd try to report/stop the crime, and this particular Pokémon is really worth stealing (i.e., rare).

... and if it is THAT Bad for you, See about Closing down the Thread, and Open up a New one, with a Q&A in the FIRST Post, ...

Gasp! D: Close the thread? I'm glad I came back... I've had a list of "bugs" in the first post for quite a while, I'll go back and expand them to include all of the other things that just keep coming up. (Although even that list isn't very useful, since people still keep battling Sabrina and the Fighting Dojo despite the fact that it's mentioned on the list... Eh, c'est la vie.)

Hey, I gave advice and personally WHO has the patience to read every single page?

After personally going through page mid-30-something to page 47 (and, true, stopping to reply to a lot of them), I can attest to how time-consuming it is to read everyting. Considering that I'm personally invested in this thread and I didn't even have to go back to post 1, I can only imagine how hard it must be for the complete newbs. Kudos and cookies to those of you that do read every page, but please to not be rolling eyes, shaking fists, and spewing venom at the newbs who were too intimidated by the 1000 posts to go through them all. I'll add a Q&A to the first post, hopefully that will clear up some of the repeat questions.

When I got on floors 3 and up in pokemon tower... All I could see was grey and black wavey lines and anyone else in there...

Hmm, I heard that happened to someone else as well, but so far you and the other person are the only ones who've mentioned that glitch... Did you try restarting from your save point and/or from the beginning and going up again? If so, did the glitch remain? And are you sure you're using a clean FireRed rom?

I dunno what causes that glitch, but since it's happened to two people now it must not be a one-off thing... But it does seem to be rare, at least. And the other person said, I think, that it only happened on one floor, so maybe it's a slightly different glitch.

If it doesn't go away for you, well... maybe you could pretend there's a power-outage in Pokémon Tower? :P

Don't jump to conclusions, try asking if any of the team members know. if you think that. I've noticed that alot of hackers don't pick up projects for years. XD

If its true though I would hope someone picks up the project at least.
    !)This hack is not progressing anymore, Why is it in Progressing Hacks XD
    2)She was the only one working on it, so yeah, you can't ask any team members
    3)I hope shes not secretly working on it and randomly comes out no where with the next version....Actually...No that would be good.
    :laugh:

Good points, eh I need to keep updated, but many people posted here so its hard to keep up.

I would think it would be ok to have someone else take it over. I like the idea, and the other team rocket hack with the same Idea was canceled a while ago.
    Ya know what? I might edit Rock tunnel slightly and release a "Unofficial Beta 2, not finished, but at least you get to check out rock tunnel floor 1 XD
    Oh, and the unofficial website:
    wahackpokemon.com/en/toxicpurple-space

Heyyy, thank you VERY much for asking permission! You know, PMing me? Or leaving a VM? Or emailing me? Or something? Yeah? Instead of deciding to take over?

Especially since you'd be wasting your time, since Rock Tunnel is the part I've almost got done. :P I'm mainly fiddling around with the Trainers at this point.

How would you edit Rock Tunnel anyway, since you don't even know what I plan on doing with it? Other than that one map on page 25, at least. Heck, it doesn't even have the new ladder to the hidden area.

As far as taking over the project, isn't that ... Illegal?
    No Rain. As long as the owner gives permission to someone then it isn't illegal.

No, it isn't illegal if the owner gives permission. However I have NOT given permission. (I haven't even been asked for it...) If I ever give up ToxicPurple, I'll make a post saying so, choose someone to pass it on to, and give them all of the content I've made for it--sprites, scripts, tons of notes, and the current WIP--so that they can pick up exactly where I left off. But that's a big "if" and at this point I don't have plans to pass it on.

Not really, as the hack isn't really copyrighted. Since the Hack isn't very far in it would be possible to make a "fanfic" of the project itself. I had to learn design laws for a class they practically shoved them all in our face.

... Yeah, true, I wouldn't exactly be able to sue anyone. :P But really, it is my intellectual property, and I think at least that it'd be against the common rules of Netiquette for someone to take over my project without even informing me, yeah? Besides, unless I'm mistaken the mods of PokéCommunity would have something to say against a member hijacking another member's hacking project. (And if I AM mistaken... Hmm. Good thing I came back.)

Somebody please take this over if she doesnt come back within the next month
    it has so many good ideas
    i would buy this game

... Seems I chose a VERY good time to come back.

Wow. I'm pretty pissed. It's 4 in the morning and I've just read every post in this thread from page one to forty five to find out that there has been no word from the creator in over a month. This shouldn't be in progressing hacks or the thread should be temporarly closed, or at least tidied up so people don't read through 45 pages of the same stuff over and over.

Anyways onto the hack itself, what a creative and innovative storyline. For a first project you seem like a natural hacker, the work really is outstanding. The only thing I dislike about the entire thing is the apperance of the character you place as, and that is so inconsequential that it is not even worth mentioning. One thing I think I remember reading is you talking about Mewtwo appearing at a lower level with a moveset of: Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Recover. If that happens Rattata would boss it in a battle.

My sincerest apologies for annoying you with the lack of progress. I'm back.

The appearance of which character, male or female? Or both?

Just so you know all hm are scrapped exept...
    Cut (Knife)
    Surf (raft?)
    And maybe strength

In any case, not a single HM move will be required. Some will be replaced by Key Items and some will just be gotten rid of all together. Either way, no HM slaves.

Sorry for the bump, But I iwould like to say, they jhoto part of the gmae might not go as planned due to...
    Spoiler:

Yep, I expect HG/SS to change a bit of the plot in Johto. Not a lot, though, since the basic plot is still the same and Giovanni is still missing, and from what I've read about the plot of HG/SS, he never really comes back. I could be mistaken, though. I'll have to play the game myself. Either way, not a big change.

Is there any place to fight wild pokemon before the first mission? I didn't see any in that first bunch of grass next to Team Rocket's base. I won the first trainer battle and got an Oddish, but I want to know if I would be able to level him and my Rattata more before fighting any more trainers.

If it has to be trainer only battles until after the first mission, then do they at least reset whenever you leave the route so you can fight them more than once? I wouldn't mind this if they weren't so difficult and gave only the EV points I want to use for my pokemon. Maybe you could make a set of trainers for each of the EV points and each of them only use pokemon for that specific EV.

I picked up the one potion in the PC and saw a vending machine with Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. Are there any other recovery items to get before the first mission?

In the next release, there will be grass in Route 8 where you can battle wild Pokémon.

Those are the only recovery items, unless I've missed/forgotten some. But it's hard to top vending machine recovery items early on in the game. :P

im no noob he has lvl 50s on his team and all i have is a lvl 8 rattata and a lv 5 poiwag any help me

A Super Nerd with level 50 Pokémon? ... I have no idea where that came from. Did you go into the Saffron Gym, by any chance? But I don't think there are any Super Nerds in there... I dunno where he came from, there shouldn't be any trainers like that. Are you sure you patched to a clean FireRed rom? That's the only thing I can think of that could've caused a Super Nerd like that to appear.

The only thing it would take is some minor script edits and sprite changes. The rival is not "set" to be male.

True. However, it would take a lot of scripting to make it so that the rival's female when you're male and male when you're female, and that'd be just too big a hassle.

Since it comes down to choosing between male or female, the rival's going to be male. I could make the rival a female, sure, but I prefer the rival as a male.

I AM READY TO DONATE 250.00$ IF THE FINAL HACK RELEASE DATE IS POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Cash or check?

I'm kidding. Of course I'm not taking money for this. There is no final release date yet, because I don't know how long the hack is going to take.

So I was just stopping by the forums and would like to get some things straight.
    Ckret is female. I'm sure a she wouldn't like to be called "He".
    The hack is in a unofficial death. Don't expect a new update in a while.
    Do not, for any reason you may have, beat the gym or the Dojo, or you'll miss out on a Reeeeeally rare pokemon, and will not be able to progress in some places.

Actually, I'm pretty used to getting called "he" in the ROM Hacking forum. XD It happens more often than not. Though I appreciate the people who get it right.

And I prefer "extended vacation" to "unofficial death." More accurate.

Thanks for the reminder about the gym and dojo. In the case of Sabrina's Gym, it's not that you'll miss out on a rare Pokémon if you beat her; you'll miss out on 60% of the game if you beat her. Which is quite a bit worse than just losing a rare Pokémon, I'd think.

I think the maker was online recently....
    her mood changed from lonley to rash
    so pherhaps were in luck and the hack is complete and she'll come out present the hack all guns blazing

Actually, it's always been Rash... Unfortunately, no, the hack isn't complete, but progress has been made since the last time I showed up!

And that's all the posts I'm replying to. Woohoo. Hopefully now I'll be able to make some progress on the next alpha, since it's almost there anyway.

Thanks for the continued support and enthusiasm for ToxicPurple! (No thanks for attempts to hijack the game, though. Although I appreciate the love for ToxicPurple that was behind the gesture, the gesture itself I rather dislike.)

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Wow, great to see you back Ckret.
    The only thing more impressive than your hack is your comeback post. Very impressive.
    Good luck working on this.

ckret2

Years
  • Wow, great to see you back Ckret.
    The only thing more impressive than your hack is your comeback post. Very impressive.
    Good luck working on this.

Thank you! I had to make up for a lot of lost time, hah.

And maybe tomorrow I'll be able to write out an FAQ for the front page. Tonight I'm doing homework and geting caught up on PC again.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Don't worry, ckret; no one steals hacks while I'm around! /waves around infraction stick

..anyways, it's nice to see that you're back. that way I didn't have to prevent them from making a new thread for your hack :3

cspmoneymaker

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,finally he's back ! I've been expecting this hack so much !

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    hey... when is this hack going to be done I really liked the Alpha except fighting the Lady in the tower

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • yay your back welcome back ;) im glad your back to work hard on your hack i cant wait to see some cool updates

thanks

~kian

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Bleedin' eck! don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack. Anyway, I'm glad your back. I'll be here daily from now on :D
    Blargh. Nah, I wouldn't make a unofficial alpha two anyway, I kinda decided that like.....2 minutes and 42.7 seconds after I said it XD
    Or...wrote it XD

[Starts A Helpful Post]
    Go to the simple question thread/How to patch roms in the rom hacking board to find out 'why toxic purple isn't working'

The following will be in the next alpha

Already finished:
    -- Rock Tunnel has been completely remapped, including an interesting new area for you to explore.
    -- nearly all of the trainers in Rock Tunnel have been edited. (It might be all of them, actually; I'll have to check my notes.)
    -- all other items in Pokémon Tower and the Rock Tunnel have been changed as well
    -- that annoying trainer on the first floor of Pokémon Tower with the Ghastly has had her Pokémon changed to a Normal-type.
    -- the Marowak has been rescripted so that the only way to beat it is by... well... beating it, not running from it or catching it. (Catching it is impossible now anyway.)
    -- the trainers with really ridiculous Pokémon (like the level 7 Muk, or the Frustration Eevee) have been fixed to be a little less ridiculous
    -- the first steal script has been written, meaning I now have a template I can use for all OTHER steal scripts, so they shall be quite easy.
    Still need to be done:
    -- make a temporary roadblock just east of the Route 10 Pokémon Center so that I can release the next alpha
    Optional for this alpha:

Do NOT get Mr. Psychic's TM, Beat the gym or the dojo. If you do you'll have to make a new file.
    The second Marowak WILL be removed from the game and so will all pokeballs until you defeat Marowak (To prevent you from catching it)

Spoiler:

This will be used to make pokemon only able to evolve through trade evolve without trading.

And, if that doesn't answer your questions, There is a massive list of answered questions Here

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    if your in team rocket, and you are supose to steal,
    then why don't you get to rob a pokemart?

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Oh god I am so glad you're back, ckret. I was getting ridiculuosly worried about this hack-keep continueing on this and never quit....but maybe next time warning us that you will be gone for month?

ckret2

Years
  • Don't worry, ckret; no one steals hacks while I'm around! /waves around infraction stick

..anyways, it's nice to see that you're back. that way I didn't have to prevent them from making a new thread for your hack :3

XD Thanks, that's very nice to know.

hey... when is this hack going to be done I really liked the Alpha except fighting the Lady in the tower

No scheduled completion date yet. (And if I had one, I'd probably miss it...) The lady in the tower has been changed, so she won't be annoying in the next release. Unless you find an underleveled Clefable annoying.

Bleedin' eck! don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack. Anyway, I'm glad your back. I'll be here daily from now on :D
    Blargh. Nah, I wouldn't make a unofficial alpha two anyway, I kinda decided that like.....2 minutes and 42.7 seconds after I said it XD
    Or...wrote it XD

[Starts A Helpful Post]

The following will be in the next alpha

Already finished:
    Still need to be done:
    Optional for this alpha:

Spoiler:

And, if that doesn't answer your questions, There is a massive list of answered questions Here

A useful post. I'll probably copy/paste most of that onto the first post. (First, though, I'm going to finish my project that's due Tuesday. Project takes priority. Then I can mess with the FAQ.)

Having read all your posts so far in the TP thread, it's nice to meet you. :D Glad you're so excited about the hack!

if your in team rocket, and you are supose to steal,
    then why don't you get to rob a pokemart?

That would be because you WILL get to rob a PokéMart. But Team Rocket's general goals are more about stealing Pokémon, taking over Kanto, and getting filthy rich. Even though robbing PokéMarts could help you out on the "filthy rich" thing, it's not Team Rocket's modus operandi. So activities like that will be very minor.

Oh god I am so glad you're back, ckret. I was getting ridiculuosly worried about this hack-keep continueing on this and never quit....but maybe next time warning us that you will be gone for month?

If I'd known I was going to be gone that long, I would've said something. But in the future if I think it'll be a while I'll be sure to say something first.

Years
  • That's something I'd like to do, but so far, my scripting skills don't quite allow me to do that. Perhaps I'll be able to implement that at some point in the future. We'll have to see.

IDEA!

Although this'll destroy the possibility of in-game trades (though I doubt you'd do that in a Team Rocket game.:\), you could edit the animation of the trade process to have a PokéBall float in the air and then float to a TR's hand. That way you could edit the OT and stuff. I said the hand because if it was a man that received it you wouldn't be able to change it if you're a female and vica-versa. Just a thought.

Anyway, this is a fabulous hack. GL!

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    IDEA!

Although this'll destroy the possibility of in-game trades (though I doubt you'd do that in a Team Rocket game.:\), you could edit the animation of the trade process to have a PokéBall float in the air and then float to a TR's hand. That way you could edit the OT and stuff. I said the hand because if it was a man that received it you wouldn't be able to change it if you're a female and vica-versa. Just a thought.

That would be nice, but it would take a while to sprite XD

And ckret, I know it hard to belive, but I think I may have the most posts in this thread XD
    Well, atleast in the top 5 XD

ckret2

Years
  • IDEA!

That'd change the animation, but that couldn't change the script itself for in-game trades. You'd still have to get rid of one of your Pokémon in order to receive the other Pokémon, because that's the way the trade script is set up. Plus, with in-game trades, the Pokémon you receive is the same level as the Pokémon you traded away, and it'd be rather weird for you to defeat a Trainer with a level 18 Meowth, steal it, and get a level 25 Meowth or something.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

That would be nice, but it would take a while to sprite XD

And ckret, I know it hard to belive, but I think I may have the most posts in this thread XD
    Well, atleast in the top 5 XD

Actually, the top five posters in this thread are, in order:

ckret2, alo123, Tony Montana, myself, and then you. XD

That'd change the animation, but that couldn't change the script itself for in-game trades. You'd still have to get rid of one of your Pokémon in order to receive the other Pokémon, because that's the way the trade script is set up. Plus, with in-game trades, the Pokémon you receive is the same level as the Pokémon you traded away, and it'd be rather weird for you to defeat a Trainer with a level 18 Meowth, steal it, and get a level 25 Meowth or something.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Perhaps you could use that idea for a sort of black market idea, as brought up before? Like, you steal that level 18 Meowth, and when you go to a designated "black market" you can use the "trade" animation to obtain a new, rarer, stolen Pokemon (perhaps along with some payment)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back