• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • I have to let you know I really like this hack and I can't wait to see more from you. I'm really impressed :)

_S

Years
  • Fantastic work, man! Probably one of the most enjoyable hours I've spent on a Pokemon hack thus far.
    I experienced no problems that haven't already been covered in this thread.

The concept of the hack's setup is in and of itself a great one, but this really shines in execution, as well as overall vision from what I've gathered from your posts in this thread. The dialogue is especially nice, it reads smoothly.
    I got a kick out of the Jessie, James and Meowth cameos. Very well done, if I may say so myself.

I eagerly await the next release.

Roxas90

That Awkward Kid
    Years
  • This is a great hack; probably the best one I've played so far. I find that well written dialogue is far too scarce for the amount of hacks that are out there, so your dialogue was definitely a breath of fresh air.

Technically speaking I had no problems whatsoever, however, may I suggest you turn down the difficulty a bit at the very beginning? It took me multiple tries to defeat each of the six trainers on route 8. I like that you want to give some semblance of a challenge, but when you don't have any access to healing items, and your opponents are throwing status moves at you and healing their own pokemon, it gets a little ridiculous, not to mention that at least the first one or two trainers you battle will certainly have higher level pokemon than you. I don't know, maybe I just felt a little gypped (after all, The Computer Is A Cheating Bastard), but it might be something to look into. The Pokemon Tower section felt considerably more balanced, but that was probably because my Poliwag and Rattata were at level 14 and 12, respectively, as I entered.

Overall, though, a fantastic start to a hopefully fantastic hack. I can't wait to play the next release!

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    This is a great hack; probably the best one I've played so far. I find that well written dialogue is far too scarce for the amount of hacks that are out there, so your dialogue was definitely a breath of fresh air.

Technically speaking I had no problems whatsoever, however, may I suggest you turn down the difficulty a bit at the very beginning? It took me multiple tries to defeat each of the six trainers on route 8. I like that you want to give some semblance of a challenge, but when you don't have any access to healing items, and your opponents are throwing status moves at you and healing their own pokemon, it gets a little ridiculous, not to mention that at least the first one or two trainers you battle will certainly have higher level pokemon than you. I don't know, maybe I just felt a little gypped (after all, The Computer Is A Cheating Bastard), but it might be something to look into. The Pokemon Tower section felt considerably more balanced, but that was probably because my Poliwag and Rattata were at level 14 and 12, respectively, as I entered.

Overall, though, a fantastic start to a hopefully fantastic hack. I can't wait to play the next release!

I think that the difficult start makes it all the more worth while, that first strive to overcome a few battles and then a balance followed by harder battles.
    If it was easy than it would blend in with other hacks, no challange, just seemless winning no matter how good the story line.

You said this was a breath of fresh air well..... breath.

_S

Years
  • I think that the difficult start makes it all the more worth while, that first strive to overcome a few battles and then a balance followed by harder battles.
    If it was easy than it would blend in with other hacks, no challange, just seemless winning no matter how good the story line.

You said this was a breath of fresh air well..... breath.
    I absolutely agree.

To the other guy, note that the patrol station acts as a Center...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2016
    ive heard that theres a beta out. I loved the alpha and would link to play more of it. if there is a beta, can somebody post a download page? This is so far the best hack ive ever played

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    ive heard that theres a beta out. I loved the alpha and would link to play more of it. if there is a beta, can somebody post a download page? This is so far the best hack ive ever played
    There is no beta out yet, only the alpha you played.

gii

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    ok welll......is it wrong for me to beat the psychic gym leader lol....i taught my ghastly psychic and then beat all the karate ppl....so he leveled up like super fast....then i got hitmonchan and haunter and hitmonchan dominated the psychic trainers....and i traded my haunter to another toxic and he evolved....and then we kept losing and leveling up.....and he just destroyed all the gym leaders pokemon with shadow punch and hypnosis

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • ok welll......is it wrong for me to beat the psychic gym leader lol....i taught my ghastly psychic and then beat all the karate ppl....so he leveled up like super fast....then i got hitmonchan and haunter and hitmonchan dominated the psychic trainers....and i traded my haunter to another toxic and he evolved....and then we kept losing and leveling up.....and he just destroyed all the gym leaders pokemon with shadow punch and hypnosis

Yes, it is wrong. Beating either of the gyms, or claiming the Psychic TM, will mess up the game later down the road. At this point, you're gonna have to restart the game. There is a reason it is recommended in the first post NOT TO DO THAT. (I still really need to edit that post. Among many other things it doesn't mention, it somehow neglects to mention the fact that you won't be able to finish the game if you beat the dojo or Sabrina's gym.)

In the next alphas, it'll be impossible to do those things, so there won't be a problem. Until then, you'll have to restart the game.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Just curious ckret, but how is progress coming along? Most of your posts lately have been replies to things like the Gym questions. I know college is tiring, (I live on a college campus with a college student, after all^^) but just wondering if everything is going ok. I'm sure you're probably about to start or finish finals, too, so good luck.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    You have to say that you and your rival defeated marowak together and then that is the end of the alpha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Will you get a special item or pokemon when you get this promotion in the next alpha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    NOT asking for the release date but... how's alpha 2 going? How close is it to release now?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    oh.... does claiming the Psychic TM screw you over? i recieved it, but i havent taught it to anyone yet. nor have i battled the gyms. great hack btw! i was wondering if there's going to be a box system like in regular games, or if you were stuck with the pokemon you catch. being limited to 6 would be kind of annoying, is all

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back