• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Lol, you know, I'm not even going to bother telling them from now on. If they seriously missed the 200 earlier posts dealing with this same stinkin' issue, they deserve to fail :P
    Then I'm not gonna tell them either.
    If they don't see this post, they should miss out.:P

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Im not reading all 51 pages of posts... has anyone mentioned gang rivalries? You try to dominate the whole world, so you have to dodge authorities (many levels, from police to FBI I guess) and at the same time, gain trust with the locals in order for you to expand your "turf" while another gang is trying to do the same

Oh god no. That would be terrible. FBI? FBI!? FBI in a Pokemon game!? The FBI is American. Its pretty much a fact that Kanto and Jhoto (The only regions in the game, so forget all about the whole world.) are in Japan, or rather, what ever the country is called in the games. So forget FBI, or any authorities than the Police officers, as they're the only people (Not including the Heros from R/B/G/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG/HG/SS) who are trying to get rid of Team Rocket at the time the hack is taking place. It is said that there might be a few gangs of little kids who think they're Galactic/Magma/Aqua, but if my memory is correct, R/S/E and D/P take place much later than R/B/G/Y and G/S so its quite possible that Galactic, Aqua and Magma didn't exist back then, so the idea wouldn't really work.

But meh, don't pay me much mind, just stating my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    umm im feel like a total noob, but how do i convert the ips file into a gba so i can play it.

btw this game sounds amazing, i just cant figure out how to play it lol

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    umm im feel like a total noob, but how do i convert the ips file into a gba so i can play it.

btw this game sounds amazing, i just cant figure out how to play it lol

use LIPS and select apply patch and then select the IPS patch, then the rom and it will patch it so you can play it. hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    use LIPS and select apply patch and then select the IPS patch, then the rom and it will patch it so you can play it. hope this helps!

ok thanks, but what rom? i have the toxicpurple ips, and then where do i get the rom?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    ok now i get it, but when i open it on vba it just says "The 1M circuit is not installed"
    i appreciate the help btw

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    chex424, the "1M circuit board not installed" is fixed by going to options>emulator and finding the save type. change it to "flash" and "128k", or else you will have to restart .... so yea just start a new game now because if the game saves somewhere automatically, like after the E4, you will lose your save cuz it wont be able to save.... whoever told him to press the a button, is a dick.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    chex424, the "1M circuit board not installed" is fixed by going to options>emulator and finding the save type. change it to "flash" and "128k", or else you will have to restart .... so yea just start a new game now because if the game saves somewhere automatically, like after the E4, you will lose your save cuz it wont be able to save.... whoever told him to press the a button, is a dick.
    I'm not happy with you...
    There IS another way to save, and the alpha is so short you don't
    need to anyway.

Juu

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    is there this game in .gba form? id really like to play it on my psp

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'm inclined to agree with Chrunch here. It's pretty pathetic that you insult someone for giving what you thought was the wrong instruction, and then showing everyone that you know even less...
    If you know anything about VBA, you know that you can click file>save and make a save file any time without messing with the save type.

@Juu, you just patch the file to a Firered rom and it'll be .gba format. If you don't know how to patch, just PM me please, we've already cluttered up Ckret's thread enough...

Anyway, guys, let's move this discussion back to TP, we've sort of strayed off-topic here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I'm inclined to agree with Chrunch here. It's pretty pathetic that you insult someone for giving what you thought was the wrong instruction, and then showing everyone that you know even less...
    If you know anything about VBA, you know that you can click file>save and make a save file any time without messing with the save type.

@Juu, you just patch the file to a Firered rom and it'll be .gba format. If you don't know how to patch, just PM me please, we've already cluttered up Ckret's thread enough...

Anyway, guys, let's move this discussion back to TP, we've sort of strayed off-topic here.

Sorry didnt mean to be that way.

But you have to understand that in firered, many, MANY people lost their save file b/c their save type wouldnt let them get past the e4 after they beat them. I know theres no E4 in this game, but in case for some reason we have to allow the in game save to work properly, he will lose his file. I just felt that if we are going to help someone who is new, we cant give them wrong advice, b/c i didnt want him to be screwed if he lost his save. And anyone who read that would be too.

So if anyone gets the "1M circuit board not installed" screen, go to 'emulator' and change the save type to flash, flash128k =]

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    You should either put that it's a Firered hack at the very top or very bottom of the first post, because it was impossible to find. I just ended up ctrl-fing it. This looks amazing though I'm really excited about playing.

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    You should either put that it's a Firered hack at the very top or very bottom of the first post, because it was impossible to find. I just ended up ctrl-fing it. This looks amazing though I'm really excited about playing.

It is written in the first post:

And some other stuff
    Since I can't find any other place to mention this: it's a FireRed hack, currently.
    Because I like having Kanto made for me.

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    Sorry couldn't be bothered to look through all the pages on this thread to find the answer to the question I'm about to ask, so sorry if it's a repeat...

How far through are you with Toxic Purple?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    hey I just started up on this site and so im a bit of a noob, but is i possible to download this game yet or do i have to wait?

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Lol noobs are annoying but anyway,
    You can Downlaod an Ips patch Goto first post.
    Then use lunar Ips to patch it onto a POKEMON FIRERED ROM.
    Then open with VBA. And enjoy...!
    And everyone else just copy and past this to answer any noob who asks this question ok...
    so can we have peace now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back