• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #113] Pokémon Sanctuary

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looks great, and promising; except for the green, and wight road tiles. Those colors do not go together xD

Thanks :) There is a high probability of me changing them now I can edit my own tiles, they were originally changed so the edges matched the colour of the grass ;D.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    *UPDATE*

First off I promised to show some events, so here you go:

Poor EMILY, your RANGER partner for the majority of the game, has got herself into a bit of trouble, can you help her fend off the Nidoran?
    [HotW #113] Pokémon Sanctuary

A mysterious REBEL is plotting in VERTICAL CAVE! What is he and his red haired companions up to?
    Yes, this mysterious man is your "Rival" in the sense he if the other character you name.

Sadly EMILY has a thing for getting into tough situations.
    :bandit: :bandit:

------------------

Special Script I mentioned earlier? Wondered if you guessed it...

As far as progress is concerned the game is almost fully scripted for the routes I have mapped.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Im guessing red heads are the evil team
    and it all looks good

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This looks amazing.
    I love the story, especially the ranger training.
    Good luck! :3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This looks amazing.
    I love the story, especially the ranger training.
    Good luck! :3

Thanks! :)

I need to do one big map and then a few house-size maps (and then of course script them). Once that is done I will be releasing a beta version :) Most likely next week!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    looks good
    i like using dig like that and emily getting herself into trouble
    looking forward to the beta

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • This is very nice hack.
    I like the ranger idea.
    But you could make main hero ranger since it's ranger hack ;)
    As for the Dig script. It's very well done. =)
    Keep up the good work and this hack will be awesome.
    I wanna see beta soon :D

Smarties

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Hi, It's good to see a hack that's very unique/original from other. :>

The storyline is very interesting, I found it exciting and challenging. The words that you used are very clear and easy to understand too. Well done with that part. For my ratings, I'll give your storyline 9.5/10

The features of the game is intelligent especially the No Gym Feature. What I mean is that it's different from others and better (in my opinion) than battling gyms and so on. I'll give it 9/10

Screenshots looks amazing, your mapping is fine, scripting is fine too. palettes and so on. As what as I can see everything is normal so I'll give it 10/10.

Overall, 8.5/10 is my rating for your hack. Good job. This hack is very promising. :>

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    looks good
    i like using dig like that and emily getting herself into trouble
    looking forward to the beta

Thanks :D I'm hoping to make a few more similar special move scripts leading to yet more secret areas and items, however they will come later in the game.

This is very nice hack.
    I like the ranger idea.
    But you could make main hero ranger since it's ranger hack ;)
    As for the Dig script. It's very well done. =)
    Keep up the good work and this hack will be awesome.
    I wanna see beta soon :D

Thank you! I will be changing the Hero OWs at some point in the future, once I can find/make/have made some nice fresh sprites to use.

Beta coming within a week (I say optimistically XD I still have scripting to do).

Hi, It's good to see a hack that's very unique/original from other. :>

The storyline is very interesting, I found it exciting and challenging. The words that you used are very clear and easy to understand too. Well done with that part. For my ratings, I'll give your storyline 9.5/10

The features of the game is intelligent especially the No Gym Feature. What I mean is that it's different from others and better (in my opinion) than battling gyms and so on. I'll give it 9/10

Screenshots looks amazing, your mapping is fine, scripting is fine too. palettes and so on. As what as I can see everything is normal so I'll give it 10/10.

Overall, 8.5/10 is my rating for your hack. Good job. This hack is very promising. :>

Thank you for the rating, and I'm glad you like the features and story as that's the most important bit!!

Also congratulations on your 1st post being here ;D.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You can ask WesleyFG for permission to use his ranger sprite from old Light Platinum =)

Thanks for the advice but I shall *attempt* to make my own OWs, and they won't be 'classical' ranger looks exactly (as Ranger NPCs will have that look).

Still scripting for the beta >< I think that will be done by tomorrow and then I have to do some extra bits such a title screen and introduction text.

If anyone would like to design/make/insert a titlescreen for me then please give me a shout! :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    *Mini Update Time!*

So the last few days I've been busy scripting up the last event, which I am now at! That means that by tomorrow all that will be left to do is the touch up scripts before I send it off to my tester.

THEN I will release the hack officially here, hopefully with a new titlescreen as well!

For now I'd like your opinions on things, these are the sprites I am thinking of inserting for the Hero/Heroine:

Ripped and Altered by 874521

Of course the sprites aren't complete, and still need running-frames as well as animation frames but they fit the general idea of what I want.

(P.S. If anyone would like to help make these frames please let me know ;D)

Other than that... Beta and pics to follow soon.

EDIT:

Thanks to Scarf who made this great World Map for me to insert :) Though it may be tweaked before it is properly inserted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    Hey SwiftSign,

Firstly I'm loving the storyline, i find in official pokemon games there isnt really a strong story value, and that people tend to just try and beat the gyms and elite four as fast as they can or try and catch all the pokemon but this hack has a strong story and i'd want to play this for the story its self.

No gyms? No official rival? No typical pokemon centers? this will be hard for me to get used to but also will be an interesting challenge. I want to find the other ways to heal pokemon other then using items. and again with the no gyms, this adds a story value and people wont rush just to beat all the gym leaders.

The quiz for choosing the starter pokemon is interesting, I myself find it hard to choose which pokemon i want to start with but this takes that decision out of the way which is nice and you'll get a pokemon suited for you, gives it a bit of personality i think. I wonder what the starter pokemon will be, will they available to catch through out the game? or our they only available then at the beginning. and if they are available to catch what will make these starter pokemon different from the catchable ones?

Limited items, this will be tough. what if you use one without knowing its going to be needed, are you stuck? is there more available somewhere? again this is challenging and will make you have to think carefully about what you do. I just hope i wont need one item and i'v used it before and saved and its not available elsewhere and i'd have to start again. that would be a big put off.

I'm interested in seeing how the berry system will work and which pokemon will be lurking around in the citys.

screenshots look amazing, really makes me want to try the beta asap and im loving the teasers for the events.

I'm not to sure about adding gender based events, seems a bit sexist ;P but then again theres playback value in that i guess.

Really liking the use of dig. Very creative and Emily seems like a right hoot.

Can't wait to play this, i'll be checking back frequently for updates.

wow this is a big comment. oops.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    BETA 1.0 1.1 RELEASE

So, it's finally here...

Beta 1.0 1.1 goes to the first badge, once you have been given this badge there is very little left to look at so that is your point to put down the game!

Many thanks to AlexAhnon, who has pointed out some preliminary errors and also inserted this titlescreen for me:

Please enjoy and give me your opinions on what you like or dislike, and report any bugs back to me as soon as possible.

Download Here.​
    (aps file) *updated*

See first post or post below for IPS version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey SwiftSign,
    Spoiler:

and if they are available to catch what will make these starter pokemon different from the catchable ones?

Limited items, this will be tough. what if you use one without knowing its going to be needed, are you stuck? is there more available somewhere? again this is challenging and will make you have to think carefully about what you do. I just hope i wont need one item and i'v used it before and saved and its not available elsewhere and i'd have to start again. that would be a big put off.
    Spoiler:

The Starters will not be found in the wild at all, there may be a chance to get the others at some point though.

As for Items, there will be small 'shops' such as shown in the screenshots and only one mart, most of your items will either be gifts or found in the wilderness.

.aps :(
    Dont you know how to do .IPS

Just for you:

BETA 1.0 in IPS form is HERE

EDIT

My friend is currently playing through, and has pointed out that during the Nidoran Event Dying = Dead Event. This event IS important, therefore if you die and find that the event does not replay please reload a previous save (and level up before hand).

This event is just after a warning from a girl on a bridge, best to save there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    wait i just noticed...
    is this a emerald game?

Seriously?

FireRed hack: Pokémon Sanctuary

The title kind of gives it away...

----------------------------------------------------------------

If you have already downloaded please redownload THIS Patch.

IPS BETA 1.1 or APS BETA 1.1

There was a major problem >< Sorry about that, remember you can use the same save file if you rename it so it matches the ROM.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's a real nice change of pace the way you set up the story. I like the way you're given your starter in particular. It adds some variety.

A couple of errors I saw:

Another thing, once I smashed a rock my OW changed from female to male. It seems whatever pokemon you're using will smash rocks, too.

I also found a lvl. 4 Hoppip that didn't have any moves and could only struggle. That's not really an error exactly, but it seemed odd.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It's a real nice change of pace the way you set up the story. I like the way you're given your starter in particular. It adds some variety.

A couple of errors I saw:

Another thing, once I smashed a rock my OW changed from female to male. It seems whatever pokemon you're using will smash rocks, too.

I also found a lvl. 4 Hoppip that didn't have any moves and could only struggle. That's not really an error exactly, but it seemed odd.

Thanks for that! I'll sort out the block edit / movement permission for those errors.

Smashing a rock changes the OW gender? O_O This is something new, I'll look into it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Yay!
    The Beta's here! :3
    But can you please upload the beta by attachment?
    For some reason Mediafire isn't working for me... D:

Back