• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #120] Pokémon Destiny (Alpha 2 released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Pokémon Destiny

Hack of:
    [HotW #120] Pokémon Destiny (Alpha 2 released)

Introduction:
    My name is vietazn654, you may know me, you may not. I started hacking about, 3 months ago. And I failed making some hacks, but this time, I made lots of progress before I wanted to post this.

Story:
    You're just a person in Daybreak Town in the newly found region of Hyour. Prof. Maple called you the other day to receive your first Pokemon. When you go downstairs, you're surprised to hear that she couldn't give you a Pokemon. But, you receive a Pokabu from the Isshu region! Anyways, you challenge gym leaders in Hyour, and find out your destiny. People are watching you. One of them is a researcher of Pokemon Mythology--Cynthia. Anyways yes, you encounter legendary Pokemon on your adventure, and Cynthia follows you. She isn't your rival, because she doesn't battle you. But the legendary Pokemon are like, attacking you for some reason...

Features:
    - New Pokemon
    - No official gym leaders (Only like, 3 official gym leaders. The other leaders are from different regions like Sinnoh!)
    - New tiles
    - New sprites/overworlds
    - New region
    - New storyline
    - Every legendary Pokemon will have a special event
    - Day/Night

Screenshots:

FAQ:
    Q: How do I patch an IPS file?
    A: Go here.

Bugs:
    At the Forest Path, after cutting a tree, it pops up after taking a step
    A bug is mixing and deleting maps together

Awards:
    Hack of the Week #120

Team:
    I work by myself. I don't make teams. Maybe next time.

But you're free to beta test.

Betas:
    Alpha 1: 6/14/10
    Alpha 2: 6/20/10
    Alpha 3: 6/23/10

User Bars:
    Want to support this hack? Then you can make one, or use one of these user bars:
    by tjwilliams
    by tjwilliams24

Programs Used:
    Advance Map - LU-HO
    eXtreme Script Editor - Hackmew
    IrfanView
    Free Space Finder - Hackmew
    Hacked unLZ-GBA - Hackmew
    Yet Another Pokemon Editor - silver314
    Nameless Sprite Editor - link12552
    Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor - Wichu
    Day Night System - Interdpth, ZodiacDaGreat, Mastermind_X, D-Trogh, Tutti, Aeonos
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0-beta 3
    Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor - Wichu
    Advanced Sprite Position Editor - Wichu

Credits:
    Isshu Starter Back-sprites - Scytha
    Gym Leader Sprite - SSJ4 Furatman
    Isshu Starter Sprites - Tropical Sunlight
    Tile Pallets - Disturbed
    Tile Inserting - onyx79
    Tiles - Wesley FG
    Tiles - 12345
    Fat Tree Tiles - Xiros
    Small Tree Tiles - Saurav
    Grass Tiles - Alistair
    Overworlds - 874521
    Gym Leader Sprite - Cynder The Bloody Angel
    Ripped HG/SS Pokemon Sprites - Hackmew
    Please tell me if I missed anyone! Thank you.

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Skills: beta tester
    Proof of work: I've tested "Pokemon Ultimate Quest" and notified Nikolai of a few bugs nobody noticed, and I'm working on some others.
    Past experience: None.
    Contact Information: PM, VM, Email
    Other Comments: I'm aso going to try thoo learn scripting tonight, and school ends tomorrow, so more time to help =].

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    hmm.. looks good story is good
    :O
    Beta out today or tommoz (Y)

But what about Pokabu's evoultion?

vietazn654

Years
    Years
    Can't wait for the Beta and will you be adding all the generation 5 pokemon which are known

Hey what about there back Sprite

Last edited by a moderator:

vietazn654

Years
    Skills: beta tester
    Proof of work: I've tested "Pokemon Ultimate Quest" and notified Nikolai of a few bugs nobody noticed, and I'm working on some others.
    Past experience: None.
    Contact Information: PM, VM, Email
    Other Comments: I'm aso going to try thoo learn scripting tonight, and school ends tomorrow, so more time to help =].
    Accepted.

Luckily, I decided to post an alpha. It's kinda short, but meh, it'll show you some cool stuff. You'll know when it'll end. =D I'll post the beta right now in the first post. It's IPS file.

Screenie:

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Alright, so I'm still playing, but here's a little bit of an oddity. I lost to the first gym leader(I just went straight to the gym, no trainer) and here's where you end up, but still talking to your mom...

EDIT:another quick thing, even though it's not important. In most gyms you can click on the statue to see what is says, but the way you placed the statue you can't.

EDIT 2: Here are some other bugs/glitches/oddities.

Picture 1: Probably the tree bug you were talking about. Just decided to post anyways if it isn't what you were talking about.

Picture 2: Random letters when clicking on that sign

Picture 3: The building with the sing in front of it from screenshot 2 has this inside.

Picture 4: You can't talk to this woman.

Another side-note, which you probably know. Pokabu icon is still charizard. =]

Last edited:

vietazn654

Years
    Alright, so I'm still playing, but here's a little bit of an oddity. I lost to the first gym leader(I just went straight to the gym, no trainer) and here's where you end up, but still talking to your mom...

EDIT:another quick thing, even though it's not important. In most gyms you can click on the statue to see what is says, but the way you placed the statue you can't.

EDIT 2: Here are some other bugs/glitches/oddities.

Picture 1: Probably the tree bug you were talking about. Just decided to post anyways if it isn't what you were talking about.

Picture 2: Random letters when clicking on that sign

Picture 3: The building with the sing in front of it from screenshot 2 has this inside.

Picture 4: You can't talk to this woman.

Another side-note, which you probably know. Pokabu icon is still charizard. =]

uhmm... where is the screenies? => That would help. xD I only see one. But yeah, I understand the mom healing glitch. Thats why you can train south. And I understand Charmander icon...

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I foung couple of bugs:
    1) you can walk sideways on the lower part of the outdoor steps where the pokemon lab is
    2) when you come out of the gym lower row of house tiles changes (scrambles)
    3) A BIG BUG: in that house/stadium (second picture tjwilliams24 posted) after you talk to the woman and step on the right line you start the battle with 0 HP lv3 Pidgey and after you beat it the game just restarts!

vietazn654

Years
    I foung couple of bugs:
    1) you can walk sideways on the lower part of the outdoor steps where the pokemon lab is
    2) when you come out of the gym lower row of house tiles changes (scrambles)
    3) A BIG BUG: in that house/stadium (second picture tjwilliams24 posted) after you talk to the woman and step on the right line you start the battle with 0 HP lv3 Pidgey and after you beat it the game just restarts!
    The 3rd bug isn't really a bug. Because every hack has that. If you put a warp on a house where the map/bank is 0, then you go in an unused house. It's something that every hack has if they put a warp with 0/0 map/bank. Anyways, an alpha 2 may come out this weekend.

And the gym yeah, I noticed. I think it's because of the tile change. And the lab steps, idk if I'd change that. It's not that weird.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back