• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Well, that fan art is pretty cool. How do you do it?

And, I took someone's advice and changed Sirgit's pose. So uh...

Spoiler:

Edit: Mac, you posted right before I did! =]

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Well, that fan art is pretty cool. How do you do it?

And, I took someone's advice and changed Sirgit's pose. So uh...

Spoiler:

Edit: Mac, you posted right before I did! =]

Nah, nah... It wouldn't be laying down to begin with (Its also too small) Pokemon that lay down are ones like Slakoth and others that are always sleeping. o-o Dunsparce too.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Nah, nah... It wouldn't be laying down to begin with (Its also too small) Pokemon that lay down are ones like Slakoth and others that are always sleeping. o-o Dunsparce too.

Nah nah?

Yeah, I know. Just trying something different. But, how do you draw that fan art? Do you draw it by hand, and scan it into the computer or something? o.0

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Nah nah?

Yeah, I know. Just trying something different. But, how do you draw that fan art? Do you draw it by hand, and scan it into the computer or something? o.0

xD I use a wacom tablet. Draw it right into photoshop elements 4.0. Not the best program for drawing art, and not the best tablet, but it does me well. =3 And if I had a working scanner, I would have hundreds of drawings on my computer @_@ But nope.

Hum.... Something I used to do before I got used to the tablet was draw on paper and trace it onto the tablet. o-o

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    xD I use a wacom tablet. Draw it right into photoshop elements 4.0. Not the best program for drawing art, and not the best tablet, but it does me well. =3 And if I had a working scanner, I would have hundreds of drawings on my computer @_@ But nope.

Hum.... Something I used to do before I got used to the tablet was draw on paper and trace it onto the tablet. o-o

Hm, cool! You're very good.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    this hack is actually the best (2nd best?) hack that is in hacks showcase. IMO.

incidentally, what would y'all compare sirgit to (a normal pokemon) because if it's like super-ultra-hyper-mega rare, then i guess the conversation is a bit... odd. but if it's not, (it actually shouldn't matter much) then constructive improvements are always good.

it makes me think that the hack is actually cared about by the creators! yay!

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years

incidentally, what would y'all compare sirgit to (a normal pokemon) because if it's like super-ultra-hyper-mega rare, then i guess the conversation is a bit... odd. but if it's not, (it actually shouldn't matter much) then constructive improvements are always good.

Sirgit is probably a Serval. xD Maybe a mix between that and a lynx? I dunno. o-o

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    no, i mean like a pidgey, is it an eevee, a sentret, like what... er...

if there was an alternate pokemon universe, what would sirgit correspond to?

haha, alternate universes solve everything

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    no, i mean like a pidgey, is it an eevee, a sentret, like what... er...

if there was an alternate pokemon universe, what would sirgit correspond to?

haha, alternate universes solve everything

Hmm... I dunno. That's up to Mac really. But I picture.... Sandshrew... Trapinch... Spinda? Maybe common or uncommon in a certain area.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Hmm... I dunno. That's up to Mac really. But I picture.... Sandshrew... Trapinch... Spinda? Maybe common or uncommon in a certain area.

well I obviously don't know for sure, but it seems like the ratatta/zigzagoon/sentret/bidoof/shinx type OR the meowth/skitty/eevee/phanpy/teddiursa type... as in commonness and location (as in beginning of the game-common or mid-game somewhat rare-ish)

that's what i see Sirgit as... just my opinions talking here. XD

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years

Well, best or second best, I'm glad you like it ^^
    I would say Sirgit would be a... Well, actually, I'm not sure what type of Pokemon it would correspond to. I'm not sure thats something we have to worry about, to be fair. It'll be completely original in every aspect, so we don't have to worry about what its replacing ^^ The awesome thing about having a little sprite conversation like that last one is that we end up with an awesome sprite, which I think we have. Its just up to you guys to decide which one go's in ;)
    I thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be away for about a week, so I won't be on much, if at all. I just thought I'd let you know ;)
    Styles is working on some minor issues at the moment, and once he's done Goodies will begin the major job of inserting. It shouldn't take more than a week, provided he isn't lazy (Which I'm sure he won't be ;))

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Hey, I have a new sprite up for comments. Now, I want you to know that there are some things to be changed. I also want Vannah to know I want to make all changes. So here it is!
    >.>
    <.<
    Spoiler:

How does it look?

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Hey, I have a new sprite up for comments. Now, I want you to know that there are some things to be changed. I also want Vannah to know I want to make all changes. So here it is!
    >.>
    <.<
    [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    Meestlee. I know, I know. His head could be bigger. >.>

How does it look?

Umm... What exactly is it? I mean, it looks good, but I don't really know what to say. There could be some shading on its umm... tail? where the head kinda casts a shadow.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    whoa that sprite is short >_< I had to dive into my screen to see it but its cute ^^, maybe if it was a bit larger I dunno, you can use chimeco as a base, it makes it easier ^^

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    >.>
    <.<
    Spoiler:

How does it look?

XDDD Alright. But get ready for helpful, but brutal criticism! >O I think I actually saw an older version of this a while back.

Anyway. I'll start out by saying it needs a different position than the concept art. Maybe flying towards the opponent at an angle.
    Like that, only better. xD And make it apparent that he has a poofy head. Emphasize everything. Make the most of the shading, and use the space that you have! (the rough sketch I made should be about the size...maybe) And make it apparent that the mouth is... well the shape the mouth is sposed to be on this wierd thing. XD

Oh and remember, you doen't have to stick to the concept art colors. Everything can be tweaked. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    this looks like a promising hack i might be able to help with banners and stuff

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    if u guys wouldnt mind could u guys give me a decent sized pic of a Fakemon or pokemon u would like me to use?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    XDDD Alright. But get ready for helpful, but brutal criticism! >O I think I actually saw an older version of this a while back.

Anyway. I'll start out by saying it needs a different position than the concept art. Maybe flying towards the opponent at an angle.
    Like that, only better. xD And make it apparent that he has a poofy head. Emphasize everything. Make the most of the shading, and use the space that you have! (the rough sketch I made should be about the size...maybe) And make it apparent that the mouth is... well the shape the mouth is sposed to be on this wierd thing. XD

Oh and remember, you doen't have to stick to the concept art colors. Everything can be tweaked. ;)

Okay, lay the criticism on! Somewhere else, I'm lacking that...

And that doodle is... Strange. o.O But it doesn't matter. XD

Now, I've re-scratched EVERYTHING below his face, and I edited a lot above his face. Now, I did my best to make it look like the doodle, but some things, of course, remain slightly unchanged. I added two more colors, and fixed up the face, too.

Spoiler:

And for the people how don't know, he's a flying seed, like a dandy lion seed.

So, how does it look now?

Edit: My 100th post!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back