• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)

Out of 10, what do you rate this Hack from what you see?

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 4.8%

Votes: 5 4.0%

Votes: 28 22.6%

Votes: 24 19.4%

Votes: 17 13.7%

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Well I enjoyed the hack, but the text was a royal pain xS. It took away from the suspense, which I was really getting into. Pretty hard to "guess" what to do next, like when he says sit anywhere, I really didn't know what to do Lol. And the dinners on the table thing. The bottom floor looks like Barry's house in Diamond/Pearl, which isn't a bad thing at all..

Some highlights of the hack:
    KENE had a seizure... THE FUNIEST THING IN A HACK I'VE SEEN YET!! Laughed my butt off to it. even though it was something serious..
    Whoa there KENE, you're getting a little touchy on me. Lol
    What is skype? A face appeared on the screen! really? We should get skype ROFL

I also noticed you used fadescreendelay. Good job! Not many hacks use it well/at all :P
    Man, good luck with this! I can't wait to play the BETA.

__
    Here are some bugs that I encountered. The last screen is where I'm warped at the end. If that is the last place in the demo.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Awesome, demo you've there, Fan King! Your scripting skills are almost equal to Cooley. However. This Hack has a load of Grammar Mistakes like that. Sorry to be harsh, but I'll report them anyways. Don't get mad because what I've just said, okay?

Spoiler:

I think that's pretty it. Happy Hacking!!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Yup . I also noticed the grammar mistakes.
    I think FK needs a Text-Editor with good english.

Thanks for the list of errors, but I don't have alot of time lately, so updates will be VERY slow.School and college is killing me, and on the weekends I have some time xP.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    I can edit the text so that it is correct.

thanks, but not right now. I am currently updating eveything, adding better graphics, making things cleaner etc, so im not ready to add anymore things yet
    that wasn't a good idea :P, im not changing the graphics xD.

I'm going to change the text myself, mainly becuase I want to add things to the scripts.

AND, i found out why the text was only showing one line at a time xP, noob mistake by me xD

all these bugs im going to fix right now, and when it is done, ill post the new, Premo demo.

and note: at the end of the demo where you warp the trade room, thats on perpose,

Awesome, demo you've there, Fan King! Your scripting skills are almost equal to Cooley. However. This Hack has a load of Grammar Mistakes like that. Sorry to be harsh, but I'll report them anyways. Don't get mad because what I've just said, okay?
    actually, thanks for what you said, its really helping me correct the errors. Even more thanks for the time you put into finding and pointing out the mistakes.

i only get mad when people flame someone when they have nothing to support their accusations xD

Okay, Update! The demo has been fixed of all bugs, miscellaneos text errors, and oddities. I took me the better part of an hour, but know after I take a shower, I'm gonna finish mapping the next couple of areas

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    Congratulations on winning hack of the week number 81. Here is your award.
    [HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    After summer, I wasn't able to keep this project going becuase of school. Now that I have established my study havits and ethics, I am restarting this project. First, I have changed the tiles to these

There is also an new hero sprite that will be used in the hack:

So yeah.. I guess I declare that this project has been restarted?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    After summer, I wasn't able to keep this project going becuase of school. Now that I have established my study havits and ethics, I am restarting this project. First, I have changed the tiles to these

There is also an new hero sprite that will be used in the hack:

So yeah.. I guess I declare that this project has been restarted?
    Great you already have a spriter aswell xD!
    And HOTW!
    Yes back in business baby ;)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    o wow I have just fallen in love with your mapping its amazing I dont say this often but your maps are almost perfect!( in some places you could of added roads)
    the bedrooms look like a bedroom I would have and the routes and citys look realistic and nice.
    great job, and you said they were out dated I cant wait to see the new versians :D

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    A large minority? Does that even make sense?

Dat's the plan, Dat's the plan...x3.

Actually it's not, I just noticed how oxymoronic that sounded. >.<

*Sigh* Bummer,... I wish I could hack, but if an essay outline is 3 pages...how long is the actual essay? x3
    Originally Posted by narutoactor [HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)
    o wow I have just fallen in love with your mapping its amazing I dont say this often but your maps are almost perfect!( in some places you could of added roads)
    the bedrooms look like a bedroom I would have and the routes and citys look realistic and nice.
    great job, and you said they were out dated I cant wait to see the new versians :D
    Oh, spank you!( my favorite substitute to thank you)

I have more of the sorry worked out, and the story that up there is going to be dramatically changed, intro wise. Is it right to hack at around midnight while everybody else is asleep ?;)

Back