• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HoTW 85] Pokemon Shadow Black

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • To be honest.......this hack looks really awesome. :P I really loved the titlescreen and other stuff. But I too am of the opinion that the screenies are a little dark. :o

Its up to you guys now to take this hack to great heights and touch the sky.(like Zel's hack did! XD)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Seriously, this looks amazing so far. The plotline is very cool, simple, solid, but with plenty of options.
    And I'm sorry, but I think Munchlax as a starter would be just plain awesome. Actually, I have a recommendation for that event, though I'm not sure if you've decided to scrap that script or not. My understanding is that we'll encounter a Pokemon on the way to the lab and pick it up, so, what if you first entered a script where a question mark pops up. The player thinks he just heard a Pokemon, and wonders which one it was (list three choices). Whichever choice is selected, that is the Pokemon that crawls out of the bushes, wades out of the grass, or leaps insanely to gnaw on the trainer's face, whatever you were planning there.
    Anyway, that way at least the player would have a choice (personally, I want Munchlax :))
    Erm, and about starters, can I suggest Tyrogue and Misdreavous as the other two? Actually, I'd prefer Sneasel to Misdreavous, but this way you have that advantage triangle if Munchlax learns bite.
    Although, I suppose you could replace Munchlax with Sneasel.
    As for Darkrai as legendary, I'm not sure what everyone's so annoyed about. There's really nothing wrong with him, though I prefer Giratina, but he's even more cliche than Darkrai.
    All in all, absolutely terrific-looking hack. I'll definitely be supporting this, and let me know if I can help.
    Oh, and one last thing. Your maps so far are absolutely incredible, just because of those tiles. I am so incredibly and unabashedly jealous of your tiles that it's not even funny. If you guys make a rombase of those tiles, I will worship you.
    Oh, and could you post a list of the DP Pokemon you're adding?
    ...okay that's about it. Don't quit, or I will hunt you down.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Seriously, this looks amazing so far. The plotline is very cool, simple, solid, but with plenty of options.
    And I'm sorry, but I think Munchlax as a starter would be just plain awesome. Actually, I have a recommendation for that event, though I'm not sure if you've decided to scrap that script or not. My understanding is that we'll encounter a Pokemon on the way to the lab and pick it up, so, what if you first entered a script where a question mark pops up. The player thinks he just heard a Pokemon, and wonders which one it was (list three choices). Whichever choice is selected, that is the Pokemon that crawls out of the bushes, wades out of the grass, or leaps insanely to gnaw on the trainer's face, whatever you were planning there.
    Anyway, that way at least the player would have a choice (personally, I want Munchlax :))
    Erm, and about starters, can I suggest Tyrogue and Misdreavous as the other two? Actually, I'd prefer Sneasel to Misdreavous, but this way you have that advantage triangle if Munchlax learns bite.
    Although, I suppose you could replace Munchlax with Sneasel.
    As for Darkrai as legendary, I'm not sure what everyone's so annoyed about. There's really nothing wrong with him, though I prefer Giratina, but he's even more cliche than Darkrai.
    All in all, absolutely terrific-looking hack. I'll definitely be supporting this, and let me know if I can help.
    Oh, and one last thing. Your maps so far are absolutely incredible, just because of those tiles. I am so incredibly and unabashedly jealous of your tiles that it's not even funny. If you guys make a rombase of those tiles, I will worship you.
    Oh, and could you post a list of the DP Pokemon you're adding?
    ...okay that's about it. Don't quit, or I will hunt you down.
    im keeping munchlax, maybe not as a starter but he will be ingame.
    those tiles? they're already from a rombase :D

AZI

Years
  • nice! shadowed firered hack =) GL with it ^^ hope u wont give it up =)

cant wait for final version ;)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • To mervyn797:
    [HoTW 85] Pokemon Shadow Black

Congrats, you've earned yourself a Hack of the Week award!
    (btw you got a pretty nice hack there)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    that one's done. ^_^
    too late night here, cant work :(

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    some scripts are done, bah.. anyone knows how to embed a video?

Back