• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    [a id]Top[/a id]
    Please read the whole topic before you post.
    [placeholder for the new banner]

Recently awarded Hack of the Week No. 95!

[alink id="Introd"]Introduction[/alink id] | [alink id="Story"]Storyline[/alink id] | [alink id="Feat"]Features[/alink id] | [alink id="Media"]Media Center[/alink id] | [alink id="Dls"]Releases[/alink id] | [alink id="Prog"]Progress[/alink id] | [alink id="FAQ"]Frequently Asked Questions[/alink id] | [alink id="List"]Spoilers[/alink id] | [alink id="Cred"]Credits[/alink id]​
    [a id]Introd[/a id]

Introduction

This is where I lurk...
    Hello everybody, some of you might know me, others might not. Either way, I'm hereby presenting to you my latest hack, which also marks the start of a hack Tetralogy, called Pokémon Revolution. The first hack is Expansion. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I expect. Now, some things about me.
    I'm a fan of pokémon (obviously), my best part of rom hacking is spriting. My free time hobbies are drawing a freelance manga and playing drums, as well as dozing off. I'm 18 and pretty busy, uh, so that's about it.

Hack name: Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion
    Hack of: Fire Red BPRE
    [alink id="Top"]---Go back to Top?[/alink id]

[a id]Story[/a id]

Storyline

This is where you get excited...

The Past
    He who holds the Monster Ball will bring despair to this world.

According to oral tradition, so long as chaos and evil has plagued our world, it has been balanced by order and good; when the hearts of men are seized by darkness, virtuous warriors appear, shining with an inner light. Such tales have been told throughout the ages, the brave heroes invariably victorious. However, reality isn't always so kind.... The evil ones kept thinking that since they have been defeated so many times, their chances of winning would increase every time, and so they kept struggling...with futile plans every time. Until a discovery changed everything.
    Someone accidentally discovered an old chamber, deep inside a cave, during a trip on the Shaft Island. Inside the chamber, he found riches beyond imagination, a source of a weird liquid, and a pokéball on a throne. Having free claim on all that, he instantly gained power. However, this weird liquid, which he called Valsamo, not only was edible, but also had positive healing effects on both people and pokémon. The penetrator then decided to share the fountain of valsamo with the rest of the natives, as a generous action of happiness.
    People started to gather around, all curious and such, quickly realizing the natural profit from this island's resources, among Valsamo. So many people from other regions got established there. Soon, the island grew up as a great city of all kinds of technological development and outstanding numbers of population. Cosmopolis, the island megacity was found.

The Present
    Your divine quest begins.

You are a civilian of Cosmopolis, residing on the central part of the city. You and your best friend (the opposite gender) have always yearned to become Pokémon trainers. Seen battles from TV, and admiring the whole world of Pokémon, you can't wait to get your own and start a great adventure, be it in the centre of the city!
    Who am I kidding?
    You live in Cosmopolis, the human centre of the whole world, you almost never see a wild Pokémon running around, and all trainers are suspicious of the big city life to wander around this metropolis, showing off their beauties...
    ...but no. Mayor Al has declared that Cosmopolis will certainly take part in Pokémon activities! There will be preparations for the most ultimate trainer challenge, called the Global League. More information will be probably shown on TV. The mayor has applied the job for a new Pokémon Professor, Gabriel Guth, to transform several passionate youths into future trainers, in order to participate for the reputation of Cosmopolis. And they chose you and your friend among them! Talk about lucky!

The future
    It's up to you.

If you want to know about characters, have a look at the [alink id="List"]Spoilers[/alink id]section.

[a id]Feat[/a id]

Features

This is where excitement leads to delirium...

• New tiles

• New Overworlds

• New sprites

• New textbox

• Choose between two variations for your character

• Complicated maps

• A Pokedex that talks!

• Outstanding New Scripts

• Use of L and R buttons

• New Move tutors

• 411 available Pokémon

• Remade movesets

• Hardcore Trainer battles

• Many one-off Pokémon

• Customized Items

• 2 Repeatable Leagues

• Partial Decapitalization

If you want to learn details, have a look at the [alink id="List"]Spoilers[/alink id] section.
    [a id]Media[/a id]

Media Center

This is where your delirium leads you to drool...

Screenshots:

Bootscreen and tittlescreen:
    [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Ingame images - New palettes and the new textbox!

Battles - The new Dragon Dance sprite effect!

Part of my repose sprite pack, with many pokemon reposed. Needs a lot of work...

Yar (rival) Overworlds and sprites

Videos:
    Spoiler:

Userbars/Support Banners:

Made by DrFuji

Quote:
    [IMG*]https://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/Revolution_Expanion_UserBar40581750.gif[/IMG]

Quote:
    [*IMG]https://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/Sandstorm2.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:

Copy and paste this on your sig. If you want to make a better one, go ahead. If you can beat Spherical Ice's.

[a id]Dls[/a id]

Releases

This is where your drool makes you thirsty for some action...
    Spoiler:

[a id]Prog[/a id]

Progress

This is your salvation of thirst for the hack's status...

[a id]FAQ[/a id]

Frequently Asked Questions

This is where you Faint from Any Quote...
    [simple-spoil=answers to questions]
    Storyline FAQ
    Spoiler:

Features' FAQ
    Spoiler:

Ingame FAQ
    Spoiler:

Rest will be uploaded soon.
    [/simple-spoil]

[a id]List[/a id]

Spoilers

This is where you are revived through revealing miracles...
    -->Go to the Spoilers' Page?

[a id]Cred[/a id]

Credits

This is where miracles bring individuals in order to salute superior beings...

Scripting Buddy <3 - The Master
    Pokemart/center tiles - Scarf
    Hacked Engine - JPAN
    Volunteering to Insert Tiles and other Stuff - Deviation
    Scripting help - SharpPoint(direct), Diegoisawesome(XSE tutorial)
    Texting help - Chesu('elusive' syntax), The Master(vB code)
    Userbars - The Master and DrFuji
    Inspiration - Ash493
    Mental Support and learning me to tile palette edit/make some of the palettes - Deathwish
    All the 'programs used' makers
    Nintendo and GameFreak
    All you dear readers!

Programs Used:

• A-Map v1.92
    • A-Trainer
    • APE
    • NTME
    • XSE
    • FSF
    • Hex Workshop
    • unLZ-GBA
    • ItemEdit
    • OW Editor RE
    • A-tack
    • YAPE
    • Advance Trainer

• PAINT

Disclaimer

This hack is for fun use only, and does not follow any profitable actions. I have no association with nintendo or trademarks. This is merely a game for generic fun, and will NOT be sold on E-bay or any third party site.

Please Read

[assistance=constructive posting]
    Please Read:
    1. Please refrain from asking for beta testing. I'm going to beta test myself.
    2. Don't spam or make a post with almost 25 characters saying 'hey man cool hack there' just to boost your post count. It's just a number.
    3. Check the first post regularly before you criticise. It's updated more often than what it seems to be.
    4. Please give your vote on concepts that are on voting progress, in order to enlighten the final desicion.
    5. Give specific feedback on certain features that you like.
    6. Don't flame me if my hack didn't appeal to you. Instead, give me suggestions on how to improve it.
    7. Last but not least, remember, it's all about fun, not competition!
    [/assistance]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Awesome mate. This has potential. Thelw ena kameo k? XD
    The features sound pretty good too. The screenshots are,well, good, the tittle screen is amazing aaaand i like the story! :D

Prosexe mono min ta skatwsis file... :p

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years

SPOILERS' PAGE

The first post was getting too long.

[simple-spoil=various spoilers]

Characters revolving around the storyline
    Spoiler:

Starter - Only Hoppip
    Spoiler:

Move changes
    Spoiler:

Pokedex changes
    Spoiler:

Features' details
    Spoiler:
    Will be updated soon. In order to give proof taken from the [alink id="Feat"]Features[/alink id] section.​
    [/simple-spoil]​

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Oh good, mainly FR tiles. Yay, less for me to do!

Anyway, this looks good. Story is detailed (check your grammar a bit though). I look forward to inserting.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    That's one mighty good job on the storyline, there! :D

And if you can get all those awesome features (gameplay, graphics etc.) you're earning a spot among the best hacks!

And you should do the Decapitalization. Seeing EVERYTHING LIKE THIS WHEN YOU SEE A NAME IS somewhat tedious.

On a side-note, I somehow assumed this was a good (emphasis on good) remake of the Battle Revolution game when I saw the name. xD

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Kudos. I agree with whoever-it-was who said that, if you can pull this off, it'll be one of THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
    I'm curious, though, as to how you are going to pull of the Online Events.
    Just skimmed the screenies. I noticed there was a button on a building. Does this mean we have to actually HUNT for things now? I always liked item hunting, and this is taking that one step further.

Onto the opinion of Decapitalization, I vote do it. I HATE capitalized names. That was the one thing that was always a fault to the PKMN games for me. Don't really know why.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

When you said you were getting busy, you sure weren't lying. Outstanding job, mate. Features galore and a good setting out - You've so much thought into this, I can't really come up with anything but praise and claims of you being mega-awesome.

If there is one thing I have to criticise you for, out of all the Pokemon, why no Heracross? He is super cool. D:

Decapitalisation: A vote for small letters is a vote for great justice!

Hope to catch more of your work as you progress! :P

Bela

Banned
    Years
    I have got to fix my thread up with some CSS ;x

From what I've seen here, this looks GREAT! I'm a little surprised that you would cut some Pokemon out of the game entirely, even if they're random wild Pokemon.

What's interesting to see work here is the online feature. It sounds like an alternative to Mystery Gift, and if that's what it is then this sounds very nice!

This idea of having a transition to a different setting in the middle of a script is something I will be trying my hand at in my hack, too.

I also like the idea of the story. A rich past makes for a good story! I'm putting money on Mayor Al being the true villian!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Wow, this is looking good! The only things I don't like are some of the pokemon
    replaced and the FR tiles.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    As long as this hack doesn't have Heracross in it, i'm not playing ;)
    But I wish you luck, some of the features really caught my attention, especially having a lot of one off Pokemon.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    [alink id="Up"]Updates[/alink id] | [alink id="Re"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]Up[/a id]

Updates

• Added some stuff on the FAQ for better explanation of certain things
    • Due to popular AND personal demand, Heracross and Lapras are now catchable ingame
    • Fixed an ingame glitch, nothing important since there is no release yet
    • Finished mapping Cosmopolis Central
    • A screenshot revealing the Rival's face
    • After a second thought, I decided the following:
    The R button won't be for save. I believe that the path you follow to save is good enough, and Dextroy will ask you to save automatically in many points, so I decided to switch it to motorbike. So that you can use SELECT for another thing.

Expect screenshots soon enough.

[a id]Re[/a id]

Responses

Oh good, mainly FR tiles. Yay, less for me to do!

Anyway, this looks good. Story is detailed (check your grammar a bit though). I look forward to inserting.
    I love FR tiles. Don't you? :P

Thanks to you once again, some typos are already pointed out. Fixed a few myself.
    The only problem for me is... I can't get a Furret/Sentret D=

Other than that it is awesome =D
    Sorry. Certain sacrifices are important for the greater good. lol I sound like an evil master
    Thanks for the generic comment.
    That's one mighty good job on the storyline, there! :D

And if you can get all those awesome features (gameplay, graphics etc.) you're earning a spot among the best hacks!

And you should do the Decapitalization. Seeing EVERYTHING LIKE THIS WHEN YOU SEE A NAME IS somewhat tedious.

On a side-note, I somehow assumed this was a good (emphasis on good) remake of the Battle Revolution game when I saw the name. xD
    One vote for +decap here.
    Well unless I get a great scripter to work with me some of them will be unavailable, unfortunately. And at least the L/R feature requires ASM, I'm sure of it.
    wow dude im so following this hack. what r the starters?
    View the 'spoilers' section. =)

And, I don't even know the game you mentioned. XD
    Wow, looking good! I'll keep a watch on this.

Kudos. I agree with whoever-it-was who said that, if you can pull this off, it'll be one of THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
    I'm curious, though, as to how you are going to pull of the Online Events.
    Just skimmed the screenies. I noticed there was a button on a building. Does this mean we have to actually HUNT for things now? I always liked item hunting, and this is taking that one step further.

Onto the opinion of Decapitalization, I vote do it. I HATE capitalized names. That was the one thing that was always a fault to the PKMN games for me. Don't really know why.
    Yay, another +decap vote here. I now have online events explained on the FAQ section.

And no, you're not going to check every tile for something nifty, in that specific screenshot you are looking for a switch, but you have limited space to search on.

Item hunting is correct, though. About 80% of the dropped items are invisible (but in spots that can be found out...or you can keep spamming itemfinder)
    :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

When you said you were getting busy, you sure weren't lying. Outstanding job, mate. Features galore and a good setting out - You've so much thought into this, I can't really come up with anything but praise and claims of you being mega-awesome.

If there is one thing I have to criticise you for, out of all the Pokemon, why no Heracross? He is super cool. D:

Decapitalisation: A vote for small letters is a vote for great justice!

Hope to catch more of your work as you progress! :P
    Lol, why would I lie to you?

You make me blush :3 I'm just trying my best.
    Agreed, I'm a fan of BUGs, and heracross is a must. DEALT WITH.

+decap here, too, eh? seems like I get where this is going...
    I rather like this hack... It looks really promising, the way you're describing things.

I especially like your plans with the L + R buttons... I guess I'll actually have a reason to press them. :laugh:

I just found one thing funny... The whole 'Outstanding Scripts'... I don't really think the 'meanwhiles' are really a feature worth mentioning, not that they won't be interesting...
    Oh yes, they are worth mentioning. Because a big part of the storyline unfolds without the main hero being present. Just you (the user) viewing events far away from your hero's current position.
    I have got to fix my thread up with some CSS ;x

From what I've seen here, this looks GREAT! I'm a little surprised that you would cut some Pokemon out of the game entirely, even if they're random wild Pokemon.

What's interesting to see work here is the online feature. It sounds like an alternative to Mystery Gift, and if that's what it is then this sounds very nice!

This idea of having a transition to a different setting in the middle of a script is something I will be trying my hand at in my hack, too.

I also like the idea of the story. A rich past makes for a good story!
    Online features are now explained.

Thanks for all the kind comments, good luck on that CSS!
    Spoiler:

Wow, this is looking good! The only things I don't like are some of the pokemon
    replaced and the FR tiles.
    Why is everyone against FR tiles? is it because you have overplayed with them? they match the game perfectly. Many custom tilesets are limited and get repeating after a period of time, while the game's default tiles have a variety of over 50 different tilesets...
    As long as this hack doesn't have Heracross in it, i'm not playing ;)
    But I wish you luck, some of the features really caught my attention, especially having a lot of one off Pokemon.
    Yay for you then, Heracross will now be in the game.
    Yes, I thought it was about time to show that many pokemon deserve to be as unique as legendaries (without scratching the breeding part, though).

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, NiKa!

As you know, I'm really excited with this. The features are epic, especially the utilization of the L and R keys. I also like the name of the talking 'dex, Dextroy. Reminds me of Dexter, Ash's Pokédex in the animé. Good luck!

Oh, and, by the way, here's a support bar:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Don't ya think this could use a little more work?
    What exactly do you mean? can you be a little more specific?
    Well, Nika, this is awesome!
    I can't believe you're working on a Hack!
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, I don't understand why it's a surprise for me to work on a hack, but oh, well.
    Thanks again.
    Wtf? I'm sure he'll do more before beta release ;)
    I strongly disagree with you, this is like it should be ;)
    Hell yeah, I have so many things to implement before the beta.
    Hey, NiKa!

As you know, I'm really excited with this. The features are epic, especially the utilization of the L and R keys. I also like the name of the talking 'dex, Dextroy. Reminds me of Dexter, Ash's Pokédex in the animé. Good luck!

Oh, and, by the way, here's a support bar:

Spoiler:
    Thanks for the support, and the userbar! It's really awesome, outstands mine!

Added. Of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back