• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houen League

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I predict, as in Johto, that Ash will come very close but fall to a superior trainer. Since this season has featured pokemon contests so prominently, I think May will score the season's final victory instead of Ash, winning her final competition. Don't expect Ash to win a league until the last season of pokemon (let's hope that time never comes), as that would be something to end the show on.

And for the record, Orange Islands didn't count as a league competition. Anyone who wins all four badges goes directly to the champion, since there are so few people who win all four. Besides, The Orange League appears to be independent from the pokemon league, mainly because of the lack of gyms, variance in gym competition procedure, and lack of a tournament to determine a champion. They are their own league, not a branch like the Johto or Hoenn branches of the Pokemon League.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O.o; I agree, Kaga.

Ash will probably fail in defeating another trainer who "coincidentally" becomes his friendd during a chase for TR. =P O.o; Maybe number three?

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    Yeyeyeyeye. I belive it will be something like that:

- Team Rocket steals Pikachu and Ash wanna save him
    - Ash meets another trainer (I will call him Andy)
    - Ash and Andy have a fight with TR..bla..bla..bla...we know all =P
    - Ash and Andy are friends
    - Ash has a fight with Andy and loses
    - Andy loses his next fight.

This same story all the time. In Kanto his rival-friend was Richie, in Johto- Harrison. Next will be "Andy".

I have an idea. His opponent should be a... girl! Yep. Ash should have a crush on her. Its more interesting than this same story all the time.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O.O; No way. Ash loves Misty and stays with her. (Why the heck does he and Misty not buy cellphones?)

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    Do you have a proof? Maybe she has a little crush on him (if she has) but he likes her only as a good friend. I don`t like shippings so much =/ Sorry, I think, people have a big imagination.

Jhotos_Power

Chaos itself
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    i think it would be great if gary came and fought ash in the hoean league

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Ehh ... my proof lies within a couple shows and in Pokemon2000, Cassie. And Jhotos Power, you do know that Ash and Gary already battled in the Jotho League, not to mention Gary quit training and became a researcher, right?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Yeah, like everyone said, his loss keeps the series going. Maybe he'll meet Wally and lose to him or somethin'... O.o;

Cyclops

Lugia Master
    Years
    He has to lose. That would mean that when he loses to crap trainers during the season that by right they should be the hoenn champion instead. He has to lose or else the show will stop. And besides, I don't think his pok?mon are as strong as previous ones like snorlax and charizard.

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    First, ash is a talented pokemon trainer even if his way of training is suck...still, he might have a few chances to win. he also has to train his pokemons well and fight other trainers.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Cyclops said:
    And besides, I don't think his pok?mon are as strong as previous ones like snorlax and charizard.

True, but Ash's pokemon have always disproportionally strong to other pokemon of the same type. Think about such things as his battle with Jasmine when his Cyndaquil beat her Steelix and when going for his Earth Badge, his Squirtle/Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Pidgeotto beat TR's Rhydon/Kingler/Machamp. This year, though, he actually let a couple of his pokemon evolve *gasp*...By the time he's in Ever Grande, he'll probably have Sceptile, Swellow, and maybe even Crawdaunt, which would mean that he has a fighting change at the league championship. Though, as other people have stated, he'll befriend someone and then either lose to them or defeat them and then lose the next round. They can't make him win a league or he no longer has a reason to train, which means no more show. Let's hope that, even though Ash has halfway-powerful pokemon this year, he still loses, for the sake of the show.

FanGuy

Rocket ShyGuy
    Years
    • Age 41
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    I predict that as long as there are new pokemon games, they'll keep on continuing the show to match the games, and I'll bet that after Ash once again loses the pokemon league in Hoenn, he'll either return to Kanto for some more adventures (coinciding with Fire Red/Leaf Green), or they'll make something new up (a la Orange Islands) until the next new game is released.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    I hope that Ash actually wins! And when he does, he'll get far more recognition )"You're Alf!")
    And if he wins, how does that quit his quest to be a Pokemon Master? It's not like he'll be "I won the League, now I'm gonna quit." Nah, he'll finally win a real close match, or maybe both will loose and he has to share it O.o...
    But then they'll quit for the summer and then 4th Gen. will come out so he can go to the new Region. And even if it's before the games come out, it would be an AWESOME little spoiler.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
    I agree...

Water Pokemon Master said:
    I hope that Ash actually wins! And when he does, he'll get far more recognition )"You're Alf!")
    And if he wins, how does that quit his quest to be a Pokemon Master? It's not like he'll be "I won the League, now I'm gonna quit." Nah, he'll finally win a real close match, or maybe both will loose and he has to share it O.o...
    But then they'll quit for the summer and then 4th Gen. will come out so he can go to the new Region. And even if it's before the games come out, it would be an AWESOME little spoiler.

I think it's about time Ash took home Gold for once. It's pretty obvious that he's a strong trainer. As Water Pokemon Master said, just because he wins doesn't mean he'll quit training. Being a Pokemon Master is always leaving room to learn something new.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    facts worthy of note:

Kanto league-made top 16 before losing to Richie
    Johto League-made top 8 before losing to Harrison
    Hoenn league-makes top 4 and loses to another "friend" that he met just days earlier...

Years
    tmbjr said:
    facts worthy of note:

Kanto league-made top 16 before losing to Richie
    Johto League-made top 8 before losing to Harrison
    Hoenn league-makes top 4 and loses to another "friend" that he met just days earlier...

That's a good prediction.

off topic:I haven't seen the show for a while. Didn't they move it to Cartoon Network, or is it still on WB?

Back